Windows 10: Windows 10 Shuts down randomly even after changing my power setting

Discus and support Windows 10 Shuts down randomly even after changing my power setting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So after a recent update to Windows 10 (I assume), my laptop I run game servers on has started randomly shutting down despite me changing the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NicolaiHøyland, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Shuts down randomly even after changing my power setting

So after a recent update to Windows 10 (I assume), my laptop I run game servers on has started randomly shutting down despite me changing the power settings to never shut down for all the power options and the 'Plugged in/Not plugged in) Section of the power options. It takes a few hours and at first I suspected it was windows updates making it restart. So I completely disabled windows from being able to update on its own. I have also made sure its not a overheat issue, my CPU never goes above 60% (60% being the most intense cases) I will happily provide any information about my system to fix this issue as this is making it impossible to run a 24/7 server setup anymore. I should also have the latest version of windows as of 6/21/2019

:)

NicolaiHøyland, Jun 20, 2019
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 shuts down randomly and frequently

Hello,

Did you make any changes before the issue aroused. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter. It checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode.
    Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows + X key.
    • Select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Power and Click on Next button.
    Method 2: It could be a compatibility issue with the new Fast Startup component.

• Open Control Panel / Power Options.
    • On the Left side menu, select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Select Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section.
    • Remove the check mark from the
      Turn on Fast Startup option.
    • Select the Save Changes Button.
    Shut Down the computer, wait a couple of minutes and then use the Power Button to start the computer.

Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

SujataMoktan, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Shuts down randomly even after changing my power setting

Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Shuts down randomly even after changing my power setting

1. Windows 10 Shuts down randomly even after changing my power setting - Similar Threads - Shuts down randomly

2. my windows 10 shuts down randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my windows 10 shuts down randomly: Hello there, to keep it short it happend 4 times now, in 3 days, first i tought my pc needed cleaning, so i cleaned it, 2nd i cleaned it even better, going for every spot. but then it happend again, it just randomly does it, when i do something on it, the shut down process...
  3. my windows 10 shuts down randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows 10 shuts down randomly: Hello there, to keep it short it happend 4 times now, in 3 days, first i tought my pc needed cleaning, so i cleaned it, 2nd i cleaned it even better, going for every spot. but then it happend again, it just randomly does it, when i do something on it, the shut down process...
  4. my windows 10 shuts down randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My pc randomly shuts down and power back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc randomly shuts down and power back on: On event viewer it says, The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID Windows.SecurityCenter.WscCloudBackupProvider and APPID Unavailable to the user SHRONK\Kavin SID...
  6. My pc randomly shuts down and power back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc randomly shuts down and power back on: On event viewer it says, The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID Windows.SecurityCenter.WscCloudBackupProvider and APPID Unavailable to the user SHRONK\Kavin SID...
  7. Windows 10 randomly shuts down even after I reset it.

Windows 10 randomly shuts down even after I reset it.: Windows 10 randomly shuts down without a warning, it just shuts down, it doesn't say "restarting " or "shutting down"Even after I reset my windows 10, it keeps going. It usually happens when my battery is low. 28%, 48%, etcI'm starting to think that the problem is my battery,...
  8. Computer randomly shuts down, power cycles for the sec then shut down and repeats

Computer randomly shuts down, power cycles for the sec then shut down and repeats: #1 So I have fixed all the problems I have encountered with my pc for the past 7 ish years, browsing through forums, hit and miss etc. but this is the first time I am posting to publicly ask for help. I've never encountered this and cant find it anywhere. I have a pc that...
  9. Windows 10 shuts down randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 shuts down randomly: Hi there, I'm using a Lenovo T490 laptop with Windows 10 Pro version 1909 (build 18363.535). I noticed random shutdowns when the PC is left idle for some time. The only common between these shutdowns is this log: The hypervisor did not enable mitigations for CVE-2018-3646...
  10. Windows 10 randomly shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 randomly shuts down: My computer randomly shuts down for no reason causing me to have to restart it. I don't lose anything during the restart, but it continuously does this. I added network service to my launch and activation service permissions, but can't find the next step !!!! In addition...