Windows 10: Windows 10 Shuts Off Internet Access When it's Time For Update

Discus and support Windows 10 Shuts Off Internet Access When it's Time For Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ive been having this for awhile on my desktop but how can I fix my pc from turning off my internet connection until I update? It happens at any point... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesBrockman1, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Shuts Off Internet Access When it's Time For Update

Ive been having this for awhile on my desktop but how can I fix my pc from turning off my internet connection until I update?

It happens at any point in time. Ill be doing something such as watching a video and then it wont play, my internet connection shows its fine, troubleshooting wont work and unplugging the Ethernet cable and plugging it back in wont work either, its like my pc is calling me stupid for believing internet is a thing, even though it will show my connection is fine. The only way I found around this problem is to accept that I have to update and just update but I dont want to continue having to stop in the middle of whatever project im working on just to update.

Thank you!

-James

:)

JamesBrockman1, Feb 25, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Shuts Off Internet Access When it's Time For Update

Unable to access internet

Original Title: Internet access

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. I understand the frustration to wait for something and it is taking a long time.

I would suggest you to perform an Internet troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Click on start and type ‘troubleshooting’ and press enter.
    • Click on ‘View all’ on top left corner.
    • Select ‘Internet Connections’ in the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, check if the issue persists by connecting to a different network.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write is back for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Shuts Off Internet Access When it's Time For Update

1. Windows 10 Shuts Off Internet Access When it's Time For Update - Similar Threads - Shuts Off Internet

2. Windows 10 wont shut off when I press the option to shut off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 wont shut off when I press the option to shut off: After the shutdown button in the menu is clicked it does nothing and the computer returns to what I was doing before I can use the computer as if I hadn't clicked the option but then it shuts off abruptly and its heavily delayed from my initial click of the shutdown option...
  3. Windows 10 wont shut off when I press the option to shut off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 wont shut off when I press the option to shut off: After the shutdown button in the menu is clicked it does nothing and the computer returns to what I was doing before I can use the computer as if I hadn't clicked the option but then it shuts off abruptly and its heavily delayed from my initial click of the shutdown option...
  4. Windows 10 wont shut off when I press the option to shut off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. pc shuts off instantly when not connected to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pc shuts off instantly when not connected to internet: hi 1st time every posting here! trying to figure out how come when ever i unplug Ethernet cord, disable network adapter or ever unplug my router my pc just shuts off after that it will constantly turn on quickly then shut off quickly i find unplugging the power cord and...
  6. Shut off Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Shut off Windows Updates: I have had It with the wondows updates. When they install themselves they turn on a bunch of setting they turn off tirned off because they crash my machine. The cause a lot of problems I wasn’t having before or the updates cause my computer to crash. Worst yet when I jump...
  7. Windows 10 says no internet access - when there is internet and it is accessible.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 says no internet access - when there is internet and it is accessible.: Good day all - we recently started getting users all W10 with the "No internet access" message in the network icon - internet works fine in fact, but, o365 doesnt like the fact that windows doesnt think there is internet. i have yet to find a solution, anyone know a fix? i...
  8. shut off window 10 automatic updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    shut off window 10 automatic updates.: I am so royally pissed at MS because they have become so intrusive and controlling with W10 edition. I have everything off in my update settings and yet it still does not allow me to pick and choose which updates I want installed and when I want them installed. We're not damn...
  9. Windows 10 Firewall off and no access to internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Firewall off and no access to internet: My windows firewall is not working and i can't turn it on, also my internet connection is also not working. I think it may be because the computer was probably turned off while updating windows, i am not sure. I have tried to go to services and start the windows firewall...
  10. Window 10- clock time losing when shut off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10- clock time losing when shut off: I am using window 10 build 1803 updated till 8:45 Am today. For the last seven days I am noticing that the Clock is losing when it is shut off. If I shut it at 11PM at night and start it in the morning at 8AM the time shown on the taskbar clock is far behind the actual time....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows shuts off my internet if i dont update