Windows 10: Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins

Discus and support Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a new build on which I installed Windows 10. The install was successful. However, I see that the machine shuts down abruptly. I upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by visuyog5, Nov 29, 2023.

1. visuyog5 Win User

Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins

I have a new build on which I installed Windows 10. The install was successful. However, I see that the machine shuts down abruptly. I upgraded to Windows 11 and see the same problem. Just recently, I also re-installed Windows 10 to see what could be causing this as I was not able to access the eventvwr to export logs. The reinstall worked fine and I still see the same random shutting down without any warning.The eventvwr logs are here.https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AP09%2DBi%2DsdAYHJw&cid=334B7FEB1EA23EFC&id=334B7FEB1EA23EFC%21275&parId=334B7FEB1EA23EFC%21274&o=OneUpPle

:)

visuyog5, Nov 29, 2023
  2. frank10 Win User

Surface abruptly shuts down when screen off or sleep  

HDtune SSD:
    Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins 381557d1671565667t-surface-abruptly-shuts-down-when-screen-off-sleep-crystaldisk_smart.png

Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins 381558d1671565667t-surface-abruptly-shuts-down-when-screen-off-sleep-hdtune_errscan.png

Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins 381559d1671565667t-surface-abruptly-shuts-down-when-screen-off-sleep-hdtune_benchmark.png
    HDtune SD: I don't make the health it's a 1TB SD: infinite time...
    Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins 381560d1671565735t-surface-abruptly-shuts-down-when-screen-off-sleep-hdtune_sd_benchmark.png
    Tomorrow I'll see OCCT - - - Updated - - - *************** EDIT 21/12 Now this pc is really unusable!! Weeks ago there was only a shutdown when I closed the lid after going to sleep. Now I get random shutdown also when no input for less than 30s!! Too much instable, really unusablem, I fear leaving the touchpad or the keyboard!! 21/12 10:09 shutdwon <30s noInput (on battery, battery still 100%, power mode on battery reduced, screen on, no sleep, only program active: VScode active) 21/12 11:20 shutdwon about 3m noInput (on battery, battery 70%, power mode on battery reduced, screen on, no sleep, only program active: Explorer) 21/12 15:52 shutdwon <30s noInput (on battery, battery still 100%, max power mode, screen on, no sleep, only program active: Explorer) 21/12 15:54 shutdwon after 12s (!!) noInput, no keyboard attached (on battery, battery still 100%, max power mode, screen on, no sleep, only program active: Explorer) 21/12 17:45 shutdwon after 1m noInput, no keyboard attached (on battery, battery 48%, power mode on battery reduced, screen on, no sleep, only program active: Explorer) Here OCCT results, all normal... I think it's the opposite of a stress problem I never had a shutdown when there is activity on the pc... The problems arise only when the pc has no external inputs (or maybe low CPU occupation?) or battery related problem (but I got also with direct plugged in cable, BUT NEVER had a problem with USB-C + plugged .... ??? ):
    Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins 381626d1671653690t-surface-abruptly-shuts-down-when-screen-off-sleep-occt_memory_.png

Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins 381627d1671653690t-surface-abruptly-shuts-down-when-screen-off-sleep-occt_power_.png

Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins 381628d1671653690t-surface-abruptly-shuts-down-when-screen-off-sleep-occt_linpack_.png

Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins 381629d1671653712t-surface-abruptly-shuts-down-when-screen-off-sleep-occt_testcpu_.png

Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins 381624d1671653690t-surface-abruptly-shuts-down-when-screen-off-sleep-occt_3dstd_.png

Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins 381625d1671653690t-surface-abruptly-shuts-down-when-screen-off-sleep-occt_vram_.png

frank10, Nov 29, 2023
  3. Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 29, 2023
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins - Similar Threads - shutting down abruptly

2. constant BSOD or every 15-20 mins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    constant BSOD or every 15-20 mins: I keep getting kernel_security_check_failure windows 11I have tried new ramI have reinstalled windows 11 multiply timesI have ran sfc and dismI have tried a different ssd I have have used windows update and updated and checked all the drivers I am currently running driver...
  3. constant BSOD or every 15-20 mins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    constant BSOD or every 15-20 mins: I keep getting kernel_security_check_failure windows 11I have tried new ramI have reinstalled windows 11 multiply timesI have ran sfc and dismI have tried a different ssd I have have used windows update and updated and checked all the drivers I am currently running driver...
  4. Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins

Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins: I have a new build on which I installed Windows 10. The install was successful. However, I see that the machine shuts down abruptly. I upgraded to Windows 11 and see the same problem. Just recently, I also re-installed Windows 10 to see what could be causing this as I was not...
  5. Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins: I have a new build on which I installed Windows 10. The install was successful. However, I see that the machine shuts down abruptly. I upgraded to Windows 11 and see the same problem. Just recently, I also re-installed Windows 10 to see what could be causing this as I was not...
  6. Windows Crashes every 15 Min

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Crashes every 15 Min: Hello everyone,I had a lenovo thinkpad T520 laptop with windows 7 and it kept crashing every 15Min so i upgraded it to windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 but it also kept crashing, i reset the windows and scanned the laptop and performed windows health check and SFC /scannnow and it...
  7. Windows Crashes every 15 Min

Windows Crashes every 15 Min: Hello everyone,I had a lenovo thinkpad T520 laptop with windows 7 and it kept crashing every 15Min so i upgraded it to windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 but it also kept crashing, i reset the windows and scanned the laptop and performed windows health check and SFC /scannnow and it...
  8. Windows Crashes every 15 Min

9. Computer abruptly shutting down

Computer abruptly shutting down: Hi, My computer just decides to shut down randomly and I'm not sure why it's doing this. I tried to find some more info and here's all I found. Any suggestions? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Windows error shutting down abruptly

Windows error shutting down abruptly: I replaced my Dell Inspirion 7737 laptop battery after it swelled up, with a non Dell battery, could not find a Dell battery at the time, it shut down a lot. Returned it and got another from another source that says Dell on it is it really a Dell? non idea and had been...