Windows 10: Windows 10 shutting down randomly.

Discus and support Windows 10 shutting down randomly. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Starting today, I’ve been experiencing random shutdowns/restarts. It started without any warning. I got home from work and found that my computer had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PengHuang2, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 shutting down randomly.

Starting today, I’ve been experiencing random shutdowns/restarts. It started without any warning. I got home from work and found that my computer had restarted itself. It was on sleep when I left. Then when I tried using the computer, I started experiencing random shut downs.

When the computer shuts down, there’s no blue screen. The computer doesn’t just power off. It shows the shut down message as if I had selected shut down from the menu myself. Sometimes it shuts down after 10 minutes, sometimes up to 30 minutes. The computer will shut down even when it’s in sleep mode. I don’t know what triggers it.

I’m fully updated on all drivers and on Windows 10.

I’ve set the power settings to high performance and turned off linked power state management.

I am able to cancel the shutdown when I get the message saying that there were programs running that are preventing shutdown. When I'm able to cancel the shut down, I've looked up the event viewer and I only see events for “The attempt by user DESKTOP to restart/shutdown computer DESKTOP failed” but nothing to indicate what caused the shut down.

I can't find anything in task scheduler that could be causing the shut down.

I’ve done sfc /scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth and they did not find any integrity violations or component store corruption.

I’m not having any temperature issues with my CPU or GPU. The CPU goes up to 75 degrees and the GPU up to 85 degrees under stress testing. I am not overclocking anything.

I have tried two different sets of RAM, one Corsair and one G.Skill, and I’m having the same problem with both.

My specs:

Motherboard - Asrock X370 Fatality

CPU – Ryzen 1700X

Memory – 16GB Corsair / 16GB G.Skill FlareX

Video Card – EVGA RTX 2080

OS drive – Samsung pm961 1 TB

PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 750W

:)

PengHuang2, Nov 14, 2019

2. Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 shutting down randomly.

HP Notebook shuts down randomly

Hi David,

It is possible that your Notebook shut downs randomly due to corruptions. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Are you referring to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow that steps in this
    article
    to scan for corruptions and restore corrupted system files. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you perform the instructions to restore Windows corruptions error by clicking on this

link

Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 shutting down randomly.

1. Windows 10 shutting down randomly. - Similar Threads - shutting down randomly

2. Windows 10 Shutting Down Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Shutting Down Randomly: My computer is set to never shut down. I have a scheduled task that turns it off at 2:30am every morning. It was idle for about five minutes just now and shut itself off. Power settings are set to never shut down. I've noticed when I leave the computer for any period of time...
  3. Windows 10 Shutting Down Randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shutting Down Randomly: My computer is set to never shut down. I have a scheduled task that turns it off at 2:30am every morning. It was idle for about five minutes just now and shut itself off. Power settings are set to never shut down. I've noticed when I leave the computer for any period of time...
  4. Windows 10 Shutting Down Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 randomly shuts down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 randomly shuts down.: Hi, My Windows 10 installation randomly shuts down for seemingly no reason. Computer is perfectly stable but will out of no where and at random intervals completely shut down as if I used shutdown on the start menu. This is what i get out of Event Viewer.... Index...
  6. Windows 10 shutting down randomly

Windows 10 shutting down randomly: Hi there, I've got warnnigs regards to the random shutting down of Windows 10 64bit.: Warning nr.1: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 2/09/2020 8:14:25 PM Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level:...
  7. Windows 10 shuts down randomly

Windows 10 shuts down randomly: Hi there, I'm using a Lenovo T490 laptop with Windows 10 Pro version 1909 (build 18363.535). I noticed random shutdowns when the PC is left idle for some time. The only common between these shutdowns is this log: The hypervisor did not enable mitigations for CVE-2018-3646...
  8. Windows 10 randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 randomly shutting down: Hello, I've noticed in the community that this is not a new problem but wondered if anyone had an answer as to why this would just suddenly begin? Timing is everything and a lot seems to have happened since the latest cumulative update downloaded on July 27, 2019. My...
  9. Windows 10 Randomly Shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Randomly Shutting down: My PC keeps shutting down randomly. This is happening after the 1903 may 2019 update . Sometimes it shuts down immediately after booting and sometimes it stays on for more than an hour, and sometimes it stays on. If I it shuts down while I'm using Microsoft word or...
  10. Windows 10 randomly shuts down

Windows 10 randomly shuts down: My computer randomly shuts down for no reason causing me to have to restart it. I don't lose anything during the restart, but it continuously does this. I added network service to my launch and activation service permissions, but can't find the next step !!!! In addition...