Windows 10: Windows 10: sign in box disappears before password can be entered.

Discus and support Windows 10: sign in box disappears before password can be entered. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a Samsung all in one PC. I has just updated and now the password sign in box flashes on screen for an instant before disappearing. There is no... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RobertDSchofield, May 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10: sign in box disappears before password can be entered.

I have a Samsung all in one PC. I has just updated and now the password sign in box flashes on screen for an instant before disappearing. There is no time at all to enter my password. Then the ‘Please enter your sign-in information and try again’ dialogue box appears but nothing happens when I click on OK; that dialogue box just stays on screen.

I’ve tried the usual turning off and on again, but the same problem re-appears.

Help please, thanks

:)

RobertDSchofield, May 21, 2019

2. WiFi Sign In, Box to sign in disappears.

When trying to enter a password for a WiFi, the box disappears within 3 seconds or so.

I am not very computer literate, so if you could help, but in an easy step by step guide, THANKS.

I have Windows 10.

WalterWarawa, May 21, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10: sign in box disappears before password can be entered.

Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Sign in options.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Sign in options.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: sign in box disappears before password can be entered.

1. Windows 10: sign in box disappears before password can be entered. - Similar Threads - sign box disappears

2. I have to enter Windows account credentials before I can enter a website password. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have to enter Windows account credentials before I can enter a website password. Why?: When I sign into a website like Yahoo.com I get a prompt appear asking me to enter my password for my Windows account first. Why & how do i stop it?...
  3. I have to enter Windows account credentials before I can enter a website password. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have to enter Windows account credentials before I can enter a website password. Why?: When I sign into a website like Yahoo.com I get a prompt appear asking me to enter my password for my Windows account first. Why & how do i stop it?...
  4. Sign in box is not allowing any PIN to be entered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in box is not allowing any PIN to be entered: I turned on my computer and tried to enter my PIN but nothing showed up in the PIN box. I tied shutting down and back up again but that didn't work either. I don't remember if I changed any settings when I was last on the computer? Now what should I do....
  5. Password box disappeared on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password box disappeared on Login Screen: My login box has disappeared on one of my computers. I have recreated the user account restarted the computer, and even ran Windows updates, but the issue is still present. I had an identical issue on one of my other computer, and the user account recreation worked, but in...
  6. Password box disappeared on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password box disappeared on Login Screen: My login box has disappeared on one of my computers. I have recreated the user account restarted the computer, and even ran Windows updates, but the issue is still present. I had an identical issue on one of my other computer, and the user account recreation worked, but in...
  7. Password box disappeared on Login Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Wallpaper but no box to enter password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wallpaper but no box to enter password: When I opened my laptop this morning I have wallpaper but no icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaper-but-no-box-to-enter-password/3e5d48f3-7b87-421a-bbf1-b363e4523eb6
  9. Force Windows to start logging in before password is entered

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Force Windows to start logging in before password is entered: Windows will sometimes start logging me in behind the lock screen when I first boot my computer, then the computer is ready to go once I enter my password. This is really convenient, but it sometimes doesn't do this. Is there any way I can force Windows to ALWAYS do this? I...
  10. Upgrading to windows 10 again will cause me to enter a password before entering the pc ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to windows 10 again will cause me to enter a password before entering the pc ?: Hi , so i was having windows 10 before with a password sign up at the start but then i dis-upgrade it , and today i want to upgrade again to windows 10 for life ! , but the problem that making me worry is that if i re-upgrade to windows 10 i will end up with sign-in account...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 network password box disappears

2. windows 10 username and password disappears before entering