Windows 10: Windows 10 - "Sign In" dialog no longer showing any accounts.

Discus and support Windows 10 - "Sign In" dialog no longer showing any accounts. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Recently I noticed that my OneNote was no longer synching and there was a message on the top asking me to sign it. I clicked the button in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoeTretter, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - "Sign In" dialog no longer showing any accounts.

Hi,

Recently I noticed that my OneNote was no longer synching and there was a message on the top asking me to sign it.

I clicked the button in the message and signed in with my Credentials.

From that point on I kept receiving an empty "Sign in" screen - where normally the accounts are listed, I just see a white area.

I observe the very same behavior also in the Microsoft store:

Windows 10 - "Sign In" dialog no longer showing any accounts. a9764b6b-faa0-47ae-8c7c-f3f4504d99ce?upload=true.png Windows 10 - "Sign In" dialog no longer showing any accounts. a460e6e8-c4aa-47c0-8d28-5c7163c76c9c?upload=true.png

:)

JoeTretter, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Windows 10 - "Sign In" dialog no longer showing any accounts. :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Girish M Win User

Windows 10 - "Sign In" dialog no longer showing any accounts.

The Windows 10 sign-in screen no longer shows my accounts’ email addresses

Hi,

To improve customer privacy, the Anniversary Update introduces a new option in Settings to either hide or show their email address at the sign-in screen.
    In order to protect our customer’s privacy concerns, the default setting for this option is toggled off, which keeps the email address hidden.

You can toggle this setting to show or hide your email address by going to
    Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options. If you want to display your email address, under “Privacy”, toggle the
    Show account details (e.g. email address) on sign-in screen setting to ON.

If you’re stuck on the sign-in screen and can’t tell which email address you are being asked to provide the password for, you can use the Recovery Console to determine which account is which.
    (Note: The following steps will not work if you have Bitlocker installed.)
    To do this:

1. From the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select
    Power > Restart.
    If you don't have a keyboard connected to your device (e.g. tablet), you'll need to use the on-screen touch keyboard to do this. From the Windows sign-in screen, select
    Ease of access icon in the lower-left corner, and select
    On-Screen Keyboard

2. After your PC restarts to the
    Choose an option
    screen, select Troubleshoot >
    Advanced Option > Command Prompt.

3. Your device will restart again and the OEM or Windows logo will appear while Windows prepares the Command Prompt.

4. The Command Prompt screen will ask for you to choose an account to continue.
    (Only administrator accounts will appear on this screen.)

5. Choose an account, and the email address will appear below the user name and you will be prompted for the password.
    Once you are signed into your account, you can go to Settings, and toggle the sign-in option to show email addresses, as described earlier.

Girish M, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - "Sign In" dialog no longer showing any accounts.

1. Windows 10 - "Sign In" dialog no longer showing any accounts. - Similar Threads - Sign dialog longer

2. OneDrive no longer shows any of my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive no longer shows any of my files: Hi,I noticed that onedrive is no longer synching my files to the cloud. This has probably going on for a while.I am on Windows 10. In my toolbar I have 2 OneDrive icons. One says it is connected and everything is up to date.The other icon says it is not able to sign in.When I...
  3. OneDrive no longer shows any of my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive no longer shows any of my files: Hi,I noticed that onedrive is no longer synching my files to the cloud. This has probably going on for a while.I am on Windows 10. In my toolbar I have 2 OneDrive icons. One says it is connected and everything is up to date.The other icon says it is not able to sign in.When I...
  4. OneDrive no longer shows any of my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 not booting and showing there aren't any administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 not booting and showing there aren't any administrator account: Sir, have windows 10 21h1 64bit in my pc with legacy boot installed but from last night When I tried to tuned on it's redirect into system recovery and when I tried any menu options it's showing no administrator account. For that reason I create a bootable USB and run...
  6. Accounts not showing on sign-in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accounts not showing on sign-in screen: I was trying to log in to my account with my pin, but it said "credentials could not be verified.", and it wouldn't let me log in to that account anymore. I restarted the pc, and then every account on the pc except the admin account wasn't showing up. I logged in to the admin...
  7. Accounts not showing on sign-in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Accounts not showing on sign-in screen: I was trying to log in to my account with my pin, but it said "credentials could not be verified.", and it wouldn't let me log in to that account anymore. I restarted the pc, and then every account on the pc except the admin account wasn't showing up. I logged in to the admin...
  8. Accounts not showing on sign-in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Windows 10 Sign in Dialog crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Sign in Dialog crashing: I have been facing an issue of Windows 10 Sign in to Microsoft Account Dialog crashing as soon as it opens, it isn't letting me sign back into windows after I changed my password of MS account, because of that I have to use Admin account which isn't great for syncing between...
  10. Save-as Dialog Box not showing any thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Save-as Dialog Box not showing any thumbnails: Hi, I was trying to save an image from the internet and my fingers slipped on a key. Since then every time the save-as box opens, where the files should show, it is just grey. I will attach a picture to show the issue. Could someone please assist me in getting back the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows sign in to your account dialog not showing