Windows 10: Windows 10 sign-in issue.

Discus and support Windows 10 sign-in issue. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When signing into Windows 10 on my laptop, the password window does not show. I see the sign-in photo and my name, but no way to input my password. I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GlennMitchell45, May 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 sign-in issue.

When signing into Windows 10 on my laptop, the password window does not show. I see the sign-in photo and my name, but no way to input my password. I have to restart several times and after several restarts the password window will show. Restarts also take an extremely long time to complete. How can I resolve this issue? Thanks.

:)

GlennMitchell45, May 7, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 7, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 7, 2020
  4. Windows 10 sign-in issue.

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 sign-in issue.

1. Windows 10 sign-in issue. - Similar Threads - sign issue

2. Xbox sign in issues on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox sign in issues on PC: When I try and log in to my Xbox account on my PC it says "This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator". This also happens when I try and install something on the Microsoft store. This is a PERSONAL PC and I don't know why...
  3. Sign in issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sign in issue: Hello everyone, today i tried to sign in my windows laptop as usual with my fingerprint, suddenly, the laptop requested me to provide a PIN which I forgot because it was long time ago and unfortunately, I also forgot my password as well. Now the only thing I have is my finger...
  4. Laptop sign in issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop sign in issues: I’m trying to sign in to my laptop I just updated to windows 10, and I have a black screen with a cursor. I also can open the start menu but nothing else. submitted by /u/JuicyDeveloperMcrft [link] [comments]...
  5. Why is MS casual games sign in error 1170000 still an issue that MS expects users to solve...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why is MS casual games sign in error 1170000 still an issue that MS expects users to solve...: I have been trying on and off for months to resolve my error 1170000 issue. I've read and tried so many suggested fixes, yet they either don't work at all or only work temporarily. I can sign into my Microsoft account, Microsoft Store, XBox Live etc using my Microsoft account...
  6. Having Issues Logging Back Into Windows 10 After Accidentally Signing Out Of My User ID

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having Issues Logging Back Into Windows 10 After Accidentally Signing Out Of My User ID: I was trying to assign an Administrative account in Windows 10 and I was trying not to reinstall the operating system again to reset everything. I inadvertently logged out of my account and when I restart the computer, it boots up fine but I can’t log back in all I see is the...
  7. Issues when signing in or downloading apps from the Windows Store on my Dell laptop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issues when signing in or downloading apps from the Windows Store on my Dell laptop: Hello, I am having issues signing into the Windows store on my laptop. I am able to select my account and click continue. Once I do so, a new window pops up, it says "Just a moment" and that's it. The new window is blank. 99% sure it is not my account, since I am able to...
  8. Issue with signing in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issue with signing in: When I start up my computer after restarting or shutting down, Windows skips the sign in process. But, if I hibernate, it will ask for my login info. When I open settings, this pops up: [ATTACH] What are the power settings that need to be changed for the problem to be...
  9. Account Sign In Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Account Sign In Issue: I recently changed my OneDrive email address. My new address shows online as well as on my PC settings, but when I try to sign into one drive on my PC, it sends me through a loop: Add your New Account, Unlink your old account, sign into your old account, this account does not...
  10. Signing in issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Signing in issues: My pc is automatically using the account I set up after linking my pc with phone companion and it won't give me another option to sign in. The issue is the phone companion account just links my gadgets and won't prompt me into signing into my pc. Please help...