Windows 10: Windows 10 Sign In not completing after update

Discus and support Windows 10 Sign In not completing after update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My problem began yesterday Friday, June 5th My husband's computer boots, he sees the windows white logo on a light blue screen, is prompted to sign in... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SANDIANDERSEN-TARICA1, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Sign In not completing after update

My problem began yesterday Friday, June 5th My husband's computer boots, he sees the windows white logo on a light blue screen, is prompted to sign in no password set up, another screen comes up just showing the date, and that's as far as he gets.

He installed the latest update about a month ago. It took a couple of hours to update. After that, Win 10 allowed him to sign in, and windows came up as normal. The first hint of a problem came when the taskbar on the desktop kept disappearing, even though I set it up to stay on top. I could get it back, but it would disappear within a couple of days.

Obviously, I can't get in to do a restore. Windows came pre-installed and I don't have disks to reinstall it. Win 10 was installed when it first came out and was downloaded.

How can I fix this?

Help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

:)

SANDIANDERSEN-TARICA1, Jun 6, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 10 Sign In not completing after update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 6, 2020
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jun 6, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Sign In not completing after update

Microsoft claims I signed up for Windows 10...

Click to expand... This is my list of hidden updates:

Windows 10 Sign In not completing after update hidden-updates-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Sign In not completing after update

1. Windows 10 Sign In not completing after update - Similar Threads - Sign completing update

2. Windows 10 will not complete it's updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will not complete it's updates.: I am running windows 10 on my laptop and havent been able to update it in the last 5-6 months. I suspect the problem is because my laptop has a faulty battery, which doesnt work at all, meaning i constantly have the laptop plugged in to be able to use it, I don't mind this as...
  3. Window 10 update not completed

Window 10 update not completed: Hi, I have tried to update the windows 10 latest version in my Laptop but unable to do so, the installation percentage showing 99% since past 24 hrs, how do I fix the issue please let me know. Note - I have install Windows Assistant...
  4. Windows 10 completely broken after 1909 update

Windows 10 completely broken after 1909 update: So - I had a message on Thursday evening about end of support for the version of Windows 10 that I was running so decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to the latest version. This downloaded overnight and I kicked it off on Friday morning. The process took 3 hours to...
  5. Windows 10 update will not complete

Windows 10 update will not complete: I had to reload windows on my computer and it is operational and functional but there are a lot of updates to be applied. It downloads and runs but never completes. It sits at 99% on Getting your update ready. I leave it overnight and it never completes. I reboot and...
  6. Can't sign in to Windows after completing Fresh Start (Win 10)

Can't sign in to Windows after completing Fresh Start (Win 10): I've had a Lenovo desktop computer for maybe 5 years. I came with Windows 8.0 Of course I installed the 8.1 upgrade and later upgraded to Windows 10 when it was offered for free. My file system was kind of all scattered and I wanted to clean it up a bit, so I began...
  7. signing in after update

signing in after update: I can't sign in after the latest update. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-in-after-update/c3942b47-2219-4c3f-a206-c0012ba054a3
  8. windows 10 updates will not complete

windows 10 updates will not complete: suspect trojan virus (e.tre456_worm_Windows) is affecting my computer, if anyone else is having similar problems please advise how to resolve. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-will-not-complete/9d32cb23-8b4c-48ba-8d43-70c9faac4691
  9. Windows 10 will not complete updates

Windows 10 will not complete updates: Ver: 1803, build: 17134.345 Windows Update tells me that my device is missing important security and quality fixes. When check for updates is selected, it cannot find anything to update. Is this a new bug that is being worked on or a hidden check box that I'm not aware of?...
  10. After a update windows 10 has completly changed

in Windows 10 Support
    After a update windows 10 has completly changed: After a update on my moms pc everything on layout has changed she dont have desktop anymore it looks more like a phone. You can pin apps and folders to the right side of screen got a picture on how its looks like. I dont understand anything its like a new OS. Imgur: The...