Windows 10: Windows 10 Sign-in options for finger print and facial recognition are unavailable on...

Discus and support Windows 10 Sign-in options for finger print and facial recognition are unavailable on... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I have a surfacepro x with latest Windows 10 Pro. When my laptop joined to our office network domain, the sign-in options are unavailable /... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BernardUbana, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Sign-in options for finger print and facial recognition are unavailable on...

Hi,

I have a surfacepro x with latest Windows 10 Pro. When my laptop joined to our office network domain, the sign-in options are unavailable / greyed out stating that some settings are hidden or managed by your organization. I already did some suggestions belo but still no avail. Thanks in advanced for your help!

Local Group Policy: gpedit.msc

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Logon > Turn On Convenience PIN sign-in Enabled

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Hello for Business > Use Biometrics Enabled

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Hello for Business > Use Windows Hello for Business Enabled

Then, add the Reg key mentioned above manually:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]

"AllowDomainPINLogon"=dword:00000001

Download this file: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8lfoiu1RKk

Option 2:

Local Group Policy: gpedit.msc

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Biometrics >Allow domain users to log on using biometrics Enabled

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Biometrics >Allow the use of biometrics Enabled

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Biometrics >Allow users to log on using biometrics Enabled

:)

BernardUbana, Mar 6, 2020

2. facial recognition

Hello,

Facial Recognition was developed as part of the new security features of Windows 10. We would like to confirm if you are
    trying to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello or for the
    Windows 10 Camera app?

If you are requesting to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Under Picture password, click Remove.

However, we have yet to include the option to turn off Facial Recognition feature in Windows 10 Camera app. We suggest that you
    submit a suggestion to our Feedback Hub. Your feedback helps us continually improve your experience with our products. To submit a feedback, follow the instruction below:

• Open the Windows 10 Camera app.
    • Click the Gear icon located at the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Scroll down, click Send Feedback.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    facial recognition

Hi Dawn,

Based on the details you have provided, you can follow these steps to set a new scan for facial recognition:

• On the
      Start
      button, go to
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.

• Under
      Windows Hello, choose
      camera setup option.

• Select
      Remove
      to delete or remove the previous facial recognition setup.

• To setup a new facial recognition setup, go to
      Set Up > Get Started.

• Follow the instructions to scan your face and click
      Finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Windows 10 Sign-in options for finger print and facial recognition are unavailable on...

Facial recognition

Hello Bill,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we will know why the facial recognition quit working:

• Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to sign using facial recognition?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Sign-in options for finger print and facial recognition are unavailable on...

1. Windows 10 Sign-in options for finger print and facial recognition are unavailable on... - Similar Threads - Sign options finger

2. windows hello sign in facial recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows hello sign in facial recognition: I am not able to set up my facial recognition in my hp laptop and I am trying from several of days to start it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-sign-in-facial-recognition/dc69515a-880a-4bea-9363-5e5bf65f3da1
  3. windows hello sign in facial recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows hello sign in facial recognition: I am not able to set up my facial recognition in my hp laptop and I am trying from several of days to start it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-sign-in-facial-recognition/dc69515a-880a-4bea-9363-5e5bf65f3da1
  4. Finger Print Reader Unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finger Print Reader Unavailable: HI everyone!Can someone help me with The fingerprint reader saying unavailable? SO I have the newest fingerprint driver installed... My laptop is the Dell Inspiron 5410 2 in 1 Specs:1920x1080 60HzGraphic card 1: Intel Iris Graphics 1GBGraphic card 2: Nvidia Geforce MX350...
  5. Finger Print Reader Unavailable

Finger Print Reader Unavailable: HI everyone!Can someone help me with The fingerprint reader saying unavailable? SO I have the newest fingerprint driver installed... My laptop is the Dell Inspiron 5410 2 in 1 Specs:1920x1080 60HzGraphic card 1: Intel Iris Graphics 1GBGraphic card 2: Nvidia Geforce MX350...
  6. Windows Hello - Facial recognition "This option is currently unavailable"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello - Facial recognition "This option is currently unavailable": Hello,I'm facing an issue where Windows Hello facial recognition isn't working anymore.Error message: "This option is currently unavailable. Something went wrong. Try again later."It happened suddenly, everything Is working fine with the camera.Please help, Thanks....
  7. Windows Hello - Facial recognition "This option is currently unavailable"

Windows Hello - Facial recognition "This option is currently unavailable": Hello,I'm facing an issue where Windows Hello facial recognition isn't working anymore.Error message: "This option is currently unavailable. Something went wrong. Try again later."It happened suddenly, everything Is working fine with the camera.Please help, Thanks....
  8. Finger print currently unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Finger print currently unavailable: I bought a new dell laptop.when i want to set fingerprint it says currently unavailable,i think this happened after I updated the latest bios. please let me know what’s the problem!...
  9. Facial Recognition - Windows Hello Sign-In Option not Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Facial Recognition - Windows Hello Sign-In Option not Working: After installing a windows update today, I am unable to unlock my laptop using facial recognition or Windows Hello. I have been using Windows Hello since Oct, 2018 but today it shows me the following message in 'Sign-In Settings' page: Windows Hello is not available on this...
  10. facial recognition to sign into surface

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    facial recognition to sign into surface: I reset my OS back to the current one after the October Updates., I installed the device not in a corporate group My facial recognition is no longer working says that their are not devices to do this. How can I get the facial recognition to work again,. It is like the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign on options finger unavailable