Windows 10: Windows 10 Sign-In Options issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Sign-In Options issues in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am using Surface Go with windows 10. Everything was okay, I forgot my local account password, PIN, and security questions' answers so I was googling... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Matthew_Nggggg, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Sign-In Options issues

I am using Surface Go with windows 10. Everything was okay, I forgot my local account password, PIN, and security questions' answers so I was googling for ways to change the password. I have been signing in with windows hello all the while. Following method 1 of the url shown below, I went to command prompt to change the local password and restart my Surface Go. Immediately afterwards, the pin sign-in and windows hello were not working.

https://www.isunshare.com/windows-1...Win + R to open,user password for Windows 10.

I went to settings' sign-in options and the pin sign-in and windows hello were grayed out as shown below. I suspect that by changing the password through command prompt all the sign-in options' passwords were force set to the same as the local account password and hence disabling the Windows Hello and Pin function as the password format were not recognized for the other two options.

May I please know how to fix this issue and enable windows hello and PIN sign-in again?

Windows 10 Sign-In Options issues 362d3340-5501-45ac-aed6-7b1aeaf98e09?upload=true.png

:)

Matthew_Nggggg, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 26, 2020
  3. [Windows 10] Sign in to Microsoft Account Issue

Hi,

This issue could occur due to some incorrect settings. I would suggest you to first check if there is any proxy connection setup in your PC. If yes, disable it temporarily and check if the issue persists. To disable proxy, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key +R and type 'inetcpl.cpl'.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.
    • Uncheck the option “Use a Proxy Server for your LAN”.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save changes.

Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Sign-In Options issues

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Sign-In Options issues

1. Windows 10 Sign-In Options issues - Similar Threads - Sign Options issues

2. Sign in option issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in option issue.: Hello. I am just after completing a fresh reinstall of windows. I'm trying to set up my sign in option as my password, yet its only letting me use the pin. I have googled the issue, and every post I have seen on this forum tells me to go into settings, accounts, sign in...
  3. Sign in option issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in option issue.: Hello. I am just after completing a fresh reinstall of windows. I'm trying to set up my sign in option as my password, yet its only letting me use the pin. I have googled the issue, and every post I have seen on this forum tells me to go into settings, accounts, sign in...
  4. Sign in option issue.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 10 Sign-in Options

Windows 10 Sign-in Options: HiOn start up, I like to sign-in using my password, but a few weeks ago, for convenience, I disabled this option whilst I was troubleshooting a hardware problem which required multiple restarts. Now I am unable to re-enable this option because it has disappeared! If I...
  6. Windows 10 Sign-in Options

Windows 10 Sign-in Options: HiOn start up, I like to sign-in using my password, but a few weeks ago, for convenience, I disabled this option whilst I was troubleshooting a hardware problem which required multiple restarts. Now I am unable to re-enable this option because it has disappeared! If I...
  7. Windows 10 sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 sign in options: What is the difference between using a PIN or Windows Password? Which is more secure? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sign-in-options/9c731d3e-29b0-48b3-afc8-0cb10afd583b
  8. Windows 10 sign in options

Windows 10 sign in options: What is the difference between using a PIN or Windows Password? Which is more secure? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sign-in-options/9c731d3e-29b0-48b3-afc8-0cb10afd583b
  9. Sign In Options - Local user and Microsoft account sign in issues in Windows 10.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign In Options - Local user and Microsoft account sign in issues in Windows 10.: I changed the sign in options of all the users on my laptop to local sign in instead previously each user signed in with their Microsoft accounts and now when I go to change the setting to back to sign in with Microsoft account it tells me that account is already in use on...
  10. Windows 10 sign-in options

Windows 10 sign-in options: Suddenly, my PC requires me to sign in any time it goes to sleep (and now it goes to sleep after just a few minutes). I am the only user and I hate having to do this. I followed the instructions in the forum, but it didn't work. Still having to sign in often throughout the...