Windows 10: Windows 10 - Sign-In Options - Prevent Default Sign-In From Changing?

Discus and support Windows 10 - Sign-In Options - Prevent Default Sign-In From Changing? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've used the password sign-in option for years until I recently started using the fingerprint option in hopes that it might be more convenient.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by [TL], Jun 7, 2019.

1. [TL] Win User

Windows 10 - Sign-In Options - Prevent Default Sign-In From Changing?

I've used the password sign-in option for years until I recently started using the fingerprint option in hopes that it might be more convenient. However I've noticed that the default sign-in option always changes to the one last-used.

I am satisfied with the password option as I can enter my password or scan my finger a will), but where I am frustrated is when it switches to the fingerprint option, which only offers a text prompt. Frequently am I opening my computer and by muscle memory - immediately entering my password, not realizing that the fingerprint option is active, which then I either use the scanner or click through the menus over to the password option. For me, this cancels out any convenience gained from using the fingerprint sign-in option.

Is there any way to prevent the sign-in option from changing? So that the password sign-in will be default, regardless of how I last signed into my computer?

Thanks

:)

[TL], Jun 7, 2019

2. Cannot change the require sign-in options in sign in options

Hi Gerad,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you regarding the change of Required sign-in options but in RED is stated that "authentication is required when this pc awake from sleep and security policies on PC are preventing to change
    settings". I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

Did you make any changes in the power options of the system?

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X and then click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power options.
    • Click on Required a password on Wakeup
    • In the Password protection on Wake up click on
      Don’t required password.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Using Sign in options in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please note that Windows will ask you for the sign in option using which you logged in last time. So please change the sign in options and it should work fine. Here are steps to change the sign in options:

1. While sign-in/logging-in to your computer, click on Sign-in Options.

Windows 10 - Sign-In Options - Prevent Default Sign-In From Changing? 07d0862c-8647-43d0-bd03-26f5f7c48b5e?upload=true.png

2. Then click on Pin or Password and enter the same.

3. Now sign-off and you should be able to see the option that you used last time to sign-in.

You can also consider removing and add Pin again to make sure it is set up properly.

Hope it helps.

Naresh_K, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - Sign-In Options - Prevent Default Sign-In From Changing?

Changing Windows 10 Sign in options

Hi Andy,

If you sign in to Windows with a local account, you can choose not to enter a password. However, we don't recommend this as it's the least secure way to sign in to your PC. If you still wish not to use a password, you may follow these steps:

• Open Settings and click on the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options on the left side, and click on the
      Change
      button under Password.
    • Type in your current password, and click on Next.
    • Leave the New password, Reenter password, and
      Password hint fields empty, and click on Next.
    • Click on Finish.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Sign-In Options - Prevent Default Sign-In From Changing?

1. Windows 10 - Sign-In Options - Prevent Default Sign-In From Changing? - Similar Threads - Sign Options Prevent

2. Default Sign in option - Autopilot Laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Sign in option - Autopilot Laptops: Is there a way either in the Autopilot console or by script to make the default sign in option seen at start the username and pin? Not username and password? These are windows 10 autopilot laptops. Not domain joined...
  3. Default Sign in option - Autopilot Laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Sign in option - Autopilot Laptops: Is there a way either in the Autopilot console or by script to make the default sign in option seen at start the username and pin? Not username and password? These are windows 10 autopilot laptops. Not domain joined...
  4. Default Sign in option - Autopilot Laptops

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows hello is preventing me from changing my options for required sign in

Windows hello is preventing me from changing my options for required sign in: probably because I don't have a camera compatible with windows face. How do I change it so I don't have to log in every time my computer goes to sleep?...
  6. Windows Hello preventing options on requiring sign-in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello preventing options on requiring sign-in: I got a new Lenovo laptop computer and it was working great but the last month or so it requires me to login every time I step away...I used to have it set for a longer time iirc because it's in a home setting, but when I go to Sign-in options now it tells me: "Windows Hello...
  7. How to prevent Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from changing the 'Require sign-in' option under the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to prevent Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from changing the 'Require sign-in' option under the...: Hello everyone, I searched for this issue but was unable to find any posted enquiry. I have a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit laptop that keeps changing the 'Require sign-in' option from 'When PC wakes up from sleep' to 'Never'. This is a constant concern for me because since this is...
  8. Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown in sign in options to windows.

Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown in sign in options to windows.: I can not change the sign-in from EVERYTIME, because Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown in sign in options to windows. PLease tell me how to fix this, and change from EVERYTIME, I walk away. Also how do I deactivate Windows Hello? What will...
  9. Sign in options defaults

Sign in options defaults: On my 1703 build machine I have "Ctrl+Alt+Del" enabled at the logon screen. When the machine boots up I hit "Ctrl+Alt+Del" and I can see "Other User" where I can (by default) enter my username and password. Since I don't use my password to login (I use Hello) I always have...
  10. Sign-in options change

Sign-in options change: I originally set W10 to open with out using my Microsoft account. I set it so I did not need a password when starting the PC. For some reason, I now have to enter my Microsoft account password in order to sign in. This has been since the most recent update. What gives? 56348

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows preventing cchanging sign in options