Windows 10: Windows 10 sign in problem

Discus and support Windows 10 sign in problem in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm not able to update or install any of my programs because I can't sign in. Microsoft seems to be hung up on my old email address. I added two new... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Silverrand, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 sign in problem

I'm not able to update or install any of my programs because I can't sign in. Microsoft seems to be hung up on my old email address. I added two new email addresses but the old address keeps coming up when I'm asked to sign in. One message tells me another user is registered with my old address and another message tells me there is no such address as the old one. I've tried restarting after several tries. I've gotten a message that I've tried too many times even after a week of not trying. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. The machine is only a few years old but I'm ready to pitch it. You are my last resort.

Sil

:)

Silverrand, Sep 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 sign in problem

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 sign in problem

1. Windows 10 sign in problem - Similar Threads - sign problem

2. signing In problem, always ask my Microsoft account detail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    signing In problem, always ask my Microsoft account detail?: Hi, I bought a new laptop. When I want to turn it on, it always ask me to enter my Microsoft account number and I have to connect to a WIFI and enter my account detail. I don't want it every time and also I do not want to connect to the internet every time. How can I solve...
  3. signing In problem, always ask my Microsoft account detail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    signing In problem, always ask my Microsoft account detail?: Hi, I bought a new laptop. When I want to turn it on, it always ask me to enter my Microsoft account number and I have to connect to a WIFI and enter my account detail. I don't want it every time and also I do not want to connect to the internet every time. How can I solve...
  4. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account problem: Hi.I need help with the sign into this computer using your Microsoft account screen. I know your supposed to put your old local account password, but I forgot mine. Can anybody help?...
  5. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account problem: Hi.I need help with the sign into this computer using your Microsoft account screen. I know your supposed to put your old local account password, but I forgot mine. Can anybody help?...
  6. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account problem

7. Yahoo Sign Mail Problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Yahoo Sign Mail Problem: Looks like we can't get you in your account on this device. Please try signing in from the device you use most often.Start overthis message happen during signing in my Yahoo maili tried several browseralso i used same pcand tried with new pcplz help...
  8. Yahoo Sign Mail Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo Sign Mail Problem: Looks like we can't get you in your account on this device. Please try signing in from the device you use most often.Start overthis message happen during signing in my Yahoo maili tried several browseralso i used same pcand tried with new pcplz help...
  9. Yahoo Sign Mail Problem

10. "Something went wrong. There was a problem signing in with your passkey"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Something went wrong. There was a problem signing in with your passkey": Hello,I recently tried to login to my Apple account and when I got asked to sign in I tried to login with my passkey for Apple.A popup appeared asking me for my password for my computer and when I entered it it came up with an error that said:"Something went wrong. There was...