Windows 10: Windows 10 sign in problem

Discus and support Windows 10 sign in problem in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm not able to update or install any of my programs because I can't sign in. Microsoft seems to be hung up on my old email address. I added two new... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Silverrand, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 sign in problem

I'm not able to update or install any of my programs because I can't sign in. Microsoft seems to be hung up on my old email address. I added two new email addresses but the old address keeps coming up when I'm asked to sign in. One message tells me another user is registered with my old address and another message tells me there is no such address as the old one. I've tried restarting after several tries. I've gotten a message that I've tried too many times even after a week of not trying. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. The machine is only a few years old but I'm ready to pitch it. You are my last resort.

Sil

:)

Silverrand, Sep 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 sign in problem

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 sign in problem

1. Windows 10 sign in problem - Similar Threads - sign problem

2. Account problem sign on when there is none

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account problem sign on when there is none: Windows 10 keeps giving me a notification says there is a Microsoft account problem. It says I need to fix it. I do not have a problem. I click that and go to settings and it says "all accounts are working correctly". I signed on automatically with my account to this...
  3. Tutorial problem add remove sign out to W10 start/power menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Tutorial problem add remove sign out to W10 start/power menu: Tutorial at Add or Remove Sign out Option in Windows 10 says there are two ways to do it: 2 for add and 2 for remove. Some time ago, I removed it and I am now trying to add it back in. Neither options work. I don't remember HOW I removed it either. So: method 1. Merge this...
  4. Windows 10 login to local user immediate sign out but login to Administrator user not problem.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login to local user immediate sign out but login to Administrator user not problem.: Hi all, I've been try create a new local user but it can't sign in but if I change it to Administrator user will no problem on that. What should I do?...
  5. Outlook - Sign-in Problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook - Sign-in Problem: 1. I had Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016 on this machine. It was given to me by an MVP friend who had more installations than she could use. 2. I bought Microsoft 365 from Amazon, and they dropped the ball; I had to go to Microsoft Support to get it installed. 3. The Support...
  6. Windows 10 Sign In problem

Windows 10 Sign In problem: I was on my laptop, then I had to do something else so i signed out of my computer. When I came back to my computer i saw no password/pin box but i instead saw small text saying "Sign in" I clicked sign in and it asked for my Microsoft password. After i typed my password it...
  7. Windows Sign in Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Sign in Problem: After an update, I cannot log in to windows. It keeps saying ''Password is incorrect, try again''. The problem is I do not have a sign in password for my computer and there is no password field on the sign in page. After I click on sign in it goes straight to password is...
  8. Sign in problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in problems: Hi there I don't seem to be able to change sign in options. When I go to the options it says that some options are unavailable or windows is preventing some options from being displayed. This means my laptop isn't able to be locked and if I could lock it, I can't change...
  9. Keep getting "Microsoft Account Problem" and "One Drive isn't signed in"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep getting "Microsoft Account Problem" and "One Drive isn't signed in": Every time I start windows 10 I get two pop ups "Microsoft Account Problem" and "One Drive isn't signed in" also it doesn't save my sign on info. This started with last update....
  10. Removing PIN to sign in causing account problems and frozen settings menus

Removing PIN to sign in causing account problems and frozen settings menus: 1. After removing a PIN as a sign-in option because I forgot it after sticky notes kept desyncing for no reason I've had to manually enter my online account password to sign in rather than bypassing it to Windows I live alone 2. Today, however, Windows boot says "we are...