Windows 10: Windows 10 sign in requirement

Discus and support Windows 10 sign in requirement in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Microsoft should make the W10 sign in requirement optional. I can understand the security necessity in an office or other working environment, but... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Lee101, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Lee101 Win User

Windows 10 sign in requirement

Microsoft should make the W10 sign in requirement optional. I can understand the security necessity in an office or other working environment, but there are many situations where this type of security is not an issue and the sign in is just an added inconvenience.
    I was able to remove my W10 PIN Sign-in in at Sign in Options under Accounts. However, that created an even greater nuisance by requiring my Microsoft account sign in. I noticed an earlier post has outlined steps to remove the account sign in using netplwiz and some registry mods. Is this the way I should proceed now to get W10 to come from boots and sleep without human intervention ?

:)

Lee101, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 sign in requirement - Similar Threads - sign requirement

2. Assistance Required: Multiple Unsuccessful Sign-In Attempts from Various Global Locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assistance Required: Multiple Unsuccessful Sign-In Attempts from Various Global Locations: Hi Microsoft Community, I am reaching out for assistance regarding unusual activity on my Microsoft account, which I have noticed in my recent activity log. Despite not using a VPN service, I am seeing many repeated unsuccessful sign-in attempts from many locations globally....
  3. Assistance Required: Multiple Unsuccessful Sign-In Attempts from Various Global Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assistance Required: Multiple Unsuccessful Sign-In Attempts from Various Global Locations: Hi Microsoft Community, I am reaching out for assistance regarding unusual activity on my Microsoft account, which I have noticed in my recent activity log. Despite not using a VPN service, I am seeing many repeated unsuccessful sign-in attempts from many locations globally....
  4. How do I turn off required sign-in to my microsoft account to use my laptop? Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I turn off required sign-in to my microsoft account to use my laptop? Windows 10: I arrive at work, hit the power button on my new laptop lenovo ideapad, if that matters - and I have to sign into my microsoft account with a code sent to my email to do anything. Obviously, this is an unnecessary bit of hassle even when I have access to wi-fi, and absolutely...
  5. Getting signed out of Microsoft Account after sometime requiring sign-in again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting signed out of Microsoft Account after sometime requiring sign-in again: I have this recurring issue in my Surface Laptop Studio 2, where I am getting signed out of my Microsoft account after some time, and then I have to log in again. The details in the event viewer is as follows, please let me know how to fix the issue.General======Failure to...
  6. Getting signed out of Microsoft Account after sometime requiring sign-in again

Getting signed out of Microsoft Account after sometime requiring sign-in again: I have this recurring issue in my Surface Laptop Studio 2, where I am getting signed out of my Microsoft account after some time, and then I have to log in again. The details in the event viewer is as follows, please let me know how to fix the issue.General======Failure to...
  7. Windows requiring me to sign into my Microsoft account every time it sleeps will not allow PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows requiring me to sign into my Microsoft account every time it sleeps will not allow PIN: Hi All,Having a weird experience every time my computer sleeps.Every time my computer sleeps I do not have the option to submit a PIN or my fingerprint like I did previously. It now just displays "Sign In" and after pressing, the screen blacks out, then says "Just a...
  8. Windows requiring me to sign into my Microsoft account every time it sleeps will not allow PIN

Windows requiring me to sign into my Microsoft account every time it sleeps will not allow PIN: Hi All,Having a weird experience every time my computer sleeps.Every time my computer sleeps I do not have the option to submit a PIN or my fingerprint like I did previously. It now just displays "Sign In" and after pressing, the screen blacks out, then says "Just a...
  9. How do I bypass "Your PIN is required to sign in"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I bypass "Your PIN is required to sign in"?: I got a new desktop computer last year and setup facial recognition to login to Windows. All of a sudden the facial recognition stopped and I'm getting the message "Your PIN is required to sign in". I use my normal pin but it is not accepting it and I can't login to my...
  10. How do I bypass "Your PIN is required to sign in"?

How do I bypass "Your PIN is required to sign in"?: I got a new desktop computer last year and setup facial recognition to login to Windows. All of a sudden the facial recognition stopped and I'm getting the message "Your PIN is required to sign in". I use my normal pin but it is not accepting it and I can't login to my...