Windows 10: Windows 10 sign in won't appear

Discus and support Windows 10 sign in won't appear in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am unable to sign in on my laptop running Windows 10 because the sign in box won't appear. The laptop boots normally to the screen with the time and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EmeraldGlint3, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 sign in won't appear

I am unable to sign in on my laptop running Windows 10 because the sign in box won't appear. The laptop boots normally to the screen with the time and date but when the mouse is clicked the background image blurs but no sign in box appears.

I have restarted several times, tried Ctrl-Alt-Del, with no success. I am able to enter Recovery mode, but when I attempt to troubleshoot or perform any of the advanced options, it asks for the password to my account and when I enter it tells me “the password is incorrect. Try again.”

When I start up in Safe Mode, it does ask for my account password but when I enter it here it still tells me “the password is incorrect. Try again” I have verified that I am entering the correct password.

Is there anything else I can try?

:)

EmeraldGlint3, Nov 23, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 23, 2019
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 23, 2019
  4. tops Win User

Windows 10 sign in won't appear

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

Windows 10 sign in won't appear

1. Windows 10 sign in won't appear - Similar Threads - sign won't appear

2. Newer laptop. Signing in to windows. Won't sign in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newer laptop. Signing in to windows. Won't sign in.: Newer laptop. Signing in to windows. One microsoft account no option to switch. It asks for password then accepts it and wants to set up a pin. Setting up the pin "something went wrong." Options to retry- same result. Option to skip used to sign in but now goes back to start...
  3. I am unable to sign in on my desktop running Windows 10 because the sign in box won't appear

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am unable to sign in on my desktop running Windows 10 because the sign in box won't appear: I am unable to sign in on my desktop running Windows 10 because the sign in box won't appear. The laptop boots normally to the screen with the time and date but when the mouse is clicked the background image blurs but no sign in box appears. * Original title: Help Please...
  4. Keyboard won't appear so that i can sign in to nuvision tablet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard won't appear so that i can sign in to nuvision tablet: It was working fine up until last night. I had to update windows and I did that. It took too long to update so I left it on the charger while it updated. Get up this morning and the keyboard isn't popping up so that I can sign into the tablet. So I can't even sign in to...
  5. Account Not Appearing at Sign In

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account Not Appearing at Sign In: I have an M365 account that is no longer appearing as a user that is able to login. This has happened after the October 2020 Feature Update - 2OH2. I can see the profile under Users, but don't see it as a sign-in option. Do I have to add the account again and will that mess...
  6. Windows 10 won't sign into Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 won't sign into Microsoft account: Hi, several months ago I deleted my Microsoft account. Last week, I made a new Microsoft account, using the same email that I had on my first account that was deleted. I can go to my account online and log in with not problems, and I can also sign into it on apps on my google...
  7. Tadk bar won't appear Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tadk bar won't appear Windows 10: I have been trying to show task bar on my friends new HP Desk top. But without success. Using SETTINGS/TASK BAR and making sure that LOCK the TASK BAR is on and HIDE the TASK BAR two buttons are turned off the TASK BAR will not appear. Help please!!...
  8. xbox app on windows 10 won't sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox app on windows 10 won't sign in: error 0x87DD0006, many times a try to sign in give this damn error code, oh yes and my phone the app still not work just load and load and crash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-on-windows-10-wont-sign-in/a499e683-fe79-432e-b61e-11e6aa0a436d
  9. Win 10 Won't Allow Window Appearance Changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Won't Allow Window Appearance Changes: I've spent hours installing and customizing Win 10, but can't find out how to set windows so they always open to the format and specifications I'd like. For instance, in Win 7, I was able to change the Scroll Bar, Title Bar, Borders, Menu Fonts, Window Fonts, etc. I'll...
  10. Windows 10 won't let me sign in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 won't let me sign in: I updated my PC last night and when it was over, I shut it down. This morning, when I woke up and started it, I tried entering my PIN and it told me that it was incorrect. I tried entering my MS password, which I know it's correct, and it told me the same thing. Now I can't...