Windows 10: Windows 10 sign on

Discus and support Windows 10 sign on in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a HP Pavilion laptop running W10 all updates are current. Very often (not always) when i start up or wake up my laptop the startup screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by samsson26, Jan 11, 2019.

1. samsson26 Win User

Windows 10 sign on

I have a HP Pavilion laptop

running W10 all updates are current.

Very often (not always) when i start up or wake up my laptop the startup screen saver opens but the sign on box does not open.

If I restart sometimes that works or if i click “enter” or the touchpad it helps but not always.

This is very frustrating.

What am i doing wrong?

thanks

:)

samsson26, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 sign on

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 sign on

1. Windows 10 sign on - Similar Threads - sign

2. BattlEye- Test signing not supported

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BattlEye- Test signing not supported: I cant play my video game! Its says that test signing is not supported but when i open bcdedit in cmd it says that test signing is Off/No. What can i do? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  3. user profile service failed the sign-in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user profile service failed the sign-in windows 10: hello, I just upgraded my windows 8 laptop into windows 10 pro. after that I login to my local account and join a work domain, using "A" account as default account. after finished restarting the laptop, "A" account didn't appear in login window, it still my local account,...
  4. Laptop running Windows 10 will not "Sign Off."

Laptop running Windows 10 will not "Sign Off.": I am running Windows 10 on my HP laptop. The laptop began freezing up and preventing me from activating any operations. I hit "Ctrl. Alt. Del" and tried to sign out. It's been over an hour and it's still trying to sign out. Can you help me with this problem? Thank you....
  5. OneDrive hung-up signing in

OneDrive hung-up signing in: OneDrive is hung-up signing in on my Windows 10 system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-hung-up-signing-in/48f05692-8373-42ff-8098-8ab96ba645e2
  6. Sign into cortana Windows 10 Work E-mail

in Cortana
    Sign into cortana Windows 10 Work E-mail: I am trying to sign into Cortana to be able to access my Power BI reports. Cortana does not let me sign in with my Work E-mail address. After some online searches, I did go to settings-> account -> Access work or school. My work email is signed in yet I am not able to access...
  7. Rules for new Microsoft sign in PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Rules for new Microsoft sign in PIN: I keep getting a request that I make a PIN when I sign into Microsoft 10. At first I tried to fight it because I didn't want one more thing to remember, I am 75 years old this year and my memory doesn't work very well. I went through forums looking for how to go back to...
  8. Face Sign-In Option Stopped Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Face Sign-In Option Stopped Working: facial recognition sign-in worked well until about a week or so ago.... checked account settings, and under sign-in options (windows hello), it says "face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device"... the only thing I did after experiencing this was to...
  9. signing into my office account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    signing into my office account: after entering my password for my office I get an error message of 'something went wrong'. I am definitely putting in the correct password. how do I resolve this so that I can use word and excel etc? Many thanks...
  10. Using Sign in options in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Using Sign in options in Windows 10: why does windows 10 sometimes ask for an admin password and at other times asks for the admin pin after feature update 1809? ***Title modified from: UAC***...