Windows 10: Windows 10 signing me out immediately after logging in

Discus and support Windows 10 signing me out immediately after logging in in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]One of the scenarios that happen on a Windows PC after an upgrade is […] This article Windows 10 signing me out immediately after logging in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 7, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows 10 signing me out immediately after logging in

WinClub, Nov 7, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 7, 2020
  3. BFaulk96 Win User
    Windows immediately signs out after signing in

The steps I was finally able to follow to fix the problem (Note that steps 1-3 might not be necessary, these are just the exact steps I followed):

1. Boot in Safe Mode (if your problem is like mine, you should be able to log in using Safe Mode)
    2. In safe mode, open File Explorer and go to `This PC > Local Disk > Windows.old > Users > Default` and copy the
      NTUSER.DAT.
    3. After copying the file, go to `This PC > Local Disk > Users > Default` and overwrite the existing file with the new one
      • Note: You can rename the original if it makes you feel better
    4. Boot into Safe Mode with Command Prompt (Should be option 6 if you go through the link in step 1)
    5. When command prompt opens up, create a new admin account by typing the following commands:
    6. Now that you have a new admin account, you can restart your computer using
      shutdown /r
    7. Log in to your new admin account.
    8. Similar to steps 2 and 3, use
      File Explorer and go to `This PC > Local Disk > Windows.old > Users > [BrokenUser]`, and copy the
      NTUSER.DAT file, pasting it in `This PC > Local Disk > Users > [BrokenUser]` to overwrite the existing file
    9. Sign out of new admin account, and you should be able to again sign in to the old account!
    10. At this point, if you wish, you can delete the new admin account you created in step 5, and your computer should be back to functioning as normal.
    Sounds like I had a similar issue mentioned in the solution on this post: New Windows 10 user is logged out immediately after login

Thanks! I hope this can help someone else in the future... It's ridiculous that this happens at all..

BFaulk96, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Windows 10 signing me out immediately after logging in

Windows 10 user account immediately logs out

Hi Edward,

• Have you tried the steps provided above?
    • If you have tried the steps provided above, is issue still persisting?
    • What was the result of SFC scan? Did it find corruption or not?

Try to create new user profile as an administrator and see if issue persists in new user profile. For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.

For more information you may refer to the article mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 signing me out immediately after logging in

1. Windows 10 signing me out immediately after logging in - Similar Threads - signing immediately logging

2. Windows 10 login and immediately log out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 login and immediately log out.: Can't pass the sign on screen no password assigned ever . 1 user, I don't even need the sign on screen. I sign in no password is assigned, then immediately signs out. Can not bypass the log in screen. Can not get into my desktop. I tried Safe mode and backed up some files.How...
  3. Windows 10 login and immediately log out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 login and immediately log out.: Can't pass the sign on screen no password assigned ever . 1 user, I don't even need the sign on screen. I sign in no password is assigned, then immediately signs out. Can not bypass the log in screen. Can not get into my desktop. I tried Safe mode and backed up some files.How...
  4. My Windows 10 Keeps Loging me out Immediately after I log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 Keeps Loging me out Immediately after I log in.: Everything was great Untill i decided to unplug my second screen, immediately I was logged out and eversince i log in windows logs me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-keeps-loging-me-out-immediately/dd6d5967-13d1-462b-a4fe-47bfe340c96a
  5. My Windows 10 Keeps Loging me out Immediately after I log in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 10 Keeps Loging me out Immediately after I log in.: Everything was great Untill i decided to unplug my second screen, immediately I was logged out and eversince i log in windows logs me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-keeps-loging-me-out-immediately/dd6d5967-13d1-462b-a4fe-47bfe340c96a
  6. My Windows 10 Keeps Loging me out Immediately after I log in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Windows signs me out of various apps until I log out and log in again

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows signs me out of various apps until I log out and log in again: This is weird. Over the past couple of weeks, I keep getting signed out of Chrome therefore out of Gmail and other websites, and Skype. I know that these seem unrelated to Windows, but after a huge amount of searching online, with some trial and error, I've discovered that...
  8. Windows immediately signs out after signing in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows immediately signs out after signing in: Hey guys, For many months, I have been stuck on Windows release 1809 due to a troubling issue. Any time I have tried to upgrade to 1909, or to the current 2004, I have run into an issue where, following the update, if I put my PIN in to log in, it successfully accepts the...
  9. Windows 10 keeps logging me off immediately after sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 keeps logging me off immediately after sign in: I have tried many times creating other user accounts to see if it was related to just one but it effects all accounts, even the admin. I also tried wiping the machine many times already, doing factory resets and the like. I also tried installing windows again from a usb and i...
  10. Immediately re-logs in following signing out.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Immediately re-logs in following signing out.: Hi, When I log out of an account (Administrator or otherwise), instead of being presented with the lock-screen I am immediately logged back into the same account. Google finds plenty of info regarding the opposite - i.e. immediately signing out - but not the problem I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 logon immediately signing off

2. windows 10 immediately signs out

3. windows 10 keep.signing off immediately after signing in

4. windows 10 keep.signing off,
  5. windows 10 keep signing me out,
  6. windows 10 welcome signing out,
  7. pc logs out aftrr i sign in,
  8. why dies wondows keep signing me out when i sign into my admin account