Windows 10: Windows 10 Single Language Upgrade to Windows Home

Discus and support Windows 10 Single Language Upgrade to Windows Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased a desktop computer in Russia and recently discovered that I can't change the display language to English. The only available option I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cartwheels!, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Single Language Upgrade to Windows Home

I purchased a desktop computer in Russia and recently discovered that I can't change the display language to English. The only available option I've found so far is to fork out a ridiculous sum of cash for Windows Pro for a bunch of features I don't need.

What other options are there for simply being able to change the interface language to English?

:)

Cartwheels!, Mar 1, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Change system language on a single language licence

Yes it is possible to change the language on Windows 10 Single Language

Click the link below for a step by step on how to do that. That page also lists all the links for the different language packs:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31698742/ho...

DaveM121, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 1, 2019
  4. YZV
    YZV Win User

Windows 10 Single Language Upgrade to Windows Home

Windows 8.1 Single Language upgrading to Windows 10 Single Language?

Thank you for your reply.

Here is what I did:

• Fist upgrade to the version that Windows allows you to upgrade to which in my case was Windows 10 Home Single Language (at this point in Russian).
    • After upgrade, get the new product key that was assigned to your new Windows 10 Home Single Language
    • Here is the catch - the new product key will only work for this version of Windows 10 which means for any Windows Home Single Language you want. You can install a different language by making a clean install of a Windows 10 version of a different
      language and installing from ISO or USB) - see further ...
    • Open the Media Tool that Windows provides for download and create either a DVD with an ISO or a USB Flash Drive and choose the version
      WINDOWS 10 HOME SINGLE LANGUAGE
    • Choose the language you want (in my case ENGLISH).
    • Make sure you create the right version of it (32bit or 64bit)
    • Once you are done, restart your computer and let it boot by itself with the version that was on automatically (Russian) and find the product key for your version.
    • Make sure your Windows 10 was activated properly before making a clean install.
    Now you will be making a clean install so make sure you personal files are backed up.

• Open Start and enter msinfo32 and run it.
    • You will find the product key in the properties. Write it down on a piece of paper.
    • Insert the DVD or the USB drive.
    • Now shut down the computer.
    • Turn on the computer and interrupt the start up entering the option (depending on your device it will be a different key). For my HP it was ESC.
    • Choose Boot Options.
    • Let it boot from the DVD or the USB.
    • Install Windows 10 Single Language. You can find another thread here for more exact info on how to proceed with the install itself. Search for "Clean install of Windows 10".
    • Again, this will only work if you first have upgraded to Windows 10 previously.
    • Now you can either enter the product key or SKIP IT.
    • This way I got the English version of Windows 10 Home Single Language.
    Hope it helps!

Thema:

Windows 10 Single Language Upgrade to Windows Home

1. Windows 10 Single Language Upgrade to Windows Home - Similar Threads - Single Language Upgrade

2. Upgrade single language WIndows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade single language WIndows 11 Home: I bought a laptop with Windows 11 Home pre-installed. We are a multi language family and I need to upgrade the current single language OS to multi language. I have no issue in buying an upgrade but can't seem to locate anyplace to purchase one. Any ideas?...
  3. Upgrade single language WIndows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade single language WIndows 11 Home: I bought a laptop with Windows 11 Home pre-installed. We are a multi language family and I need to upgrade the current single language OS to multi language. I have no issue in buying an upgrade but can't seem to locate anyplace to purchase one. Any ideas?...
  4. Window 10 Home single language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 Home single language: how to reinstall Window 10 Home single language ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-home-single-language/7b20d4b0-b6d2-4394-bf73-aaccb58efe12
  5. windows 10 home single language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 home single language: why windows 10 version 1703 is not avaible or i cannot see even im search all day how i can download windows 10 home single language can anyone answer my problems please help me...
  6. Upgrade windows 10 home single language to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade windows 10 home single language to windows 10 pro: I am having windows 10 home edition, i want to upgrade to Windows 10 pro, how to upgarde? Please inform. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-10-home-single-language-to-windows/3d41397d-6190-49ca-bb25-553d86e057d8
  7. Windows 10 Home Single Language Upgrade to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home Single Language Upgrade to Pro: Hello everyone. I have this version of Windows 10 Home Single Language linked to my microsoft account as it came with the laptop i bought a couple of years ago. I recently wanted to upgrade to Pro and got myself a key online and, as have seen many people say, the...
  8. Windows 10 Home single language

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home single language: Error in activation. Unable to active windows. we cant activate windows on this device as we cant connect to your or organizaations activation server. make sure you are connected to your organization network and try again.0xc004f074 How can I fix this...
  9. windows 10 home single language

windows 10 home single language: hi , how can i have windows 10 home single language edition i have the digital licence for it but my laptop is working with windows 10 pro there was some issue in my laptop and the repair man instead of fixing it he installed windows 10 pro how can i retrieve back previous...
  10. Windows 10 Home Single Language

Windows 10 Home Single Language: What does Windows 10 Home single language mean? Comparing to Windows 10 Home. I need 5 languages packs in my Windows, those are English, Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional ( Hong Kong ),Chinese Traditional (Taiwan) and Malays. I have installed Chinese softwares. Does...