Windows 10: Windows 10 skips disk checking on startup

Discus and support Windows 10 skips disk checking on startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So when my computer starts up it says "Disk checking to skip press any key within 8 seconds" and then it turns black for a second then says it again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by qwertyasduf, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Windows 10 skips disk checking on startup

So when my computer starts up it says "Disk checking to skip press any key within 8 seconds" and then it turns black for a second then says it again. Then it goes to the lock screen. How do I make it so that it doesn't skip the disk checking?

:)

qwertyasduf, Aug 10, 2016

2. Windows needs to format drive that Recovery Environment is running on

In my case today, restoring from the system image required the Windows 10 repair disk. Do not use the Advanced Startup through Windows to get to System Image Recovery; just skip the potential issues and boot
    from the repair disk to get to System Image Recovery.

I was getting the same error message as the OP, but that went away once I booted from the repair disk.

WarwickFulfillment, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    how to stop scan disk checking at win 10 startup?

Hi Yuki,

To better assist you, we'd like to know if you have rebooted your computer after running the command and receiving the message 'The type of the file system is NTFS'.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Aug 10, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 skips disk checking on startup

dalchina, Aug 10, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    Good.. does your PC boot ok now?

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 skips disk checking on startup

1. Windows 10 skips disk checking on startup - Similar Threads - skips disk checking

2. I want to skip all kind of disk checking and optimizing services at the startup of windows 10 !

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to skip all kind of disk checking and optimizing services at the startup of windows 10 !: I have some unmounted disks and drives contain other OS's like linux and other than NTFS filesystem. Every time I let complete the disk checkup windows always destroy the boot partition setup of that operating system. And, I have already lost a dozens of important files I...
  3. I want to skip all kind of disk checking and optimizing services at the startup of windows 10 !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to skip all kind of disk checking and optimizing services at the startup of windows 10 !: I have some unmounted disks and drives contain other OS's like linux and other than NTFS filesystem. Every time I let complete the disk checkup windows always destroy the boot partition setup of that operating system. And, I have already lost a dozens of important files I...
  4. I want to skip all kind of disk checking and optimizing services at the startup of windows 10 !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 disk checking at startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 disk checking at startup: Hello, I am having a problem on Windows 10 start up. It shown "To skip disk checking, press any key within 7 seconds." I does not has this problem before and it pops up today. May I know is my disk having any problem that leads this pops up or any others factor. Is it any...
  6. Check Disk on Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Check Disk on Startup: So I have a windows 10 pc. Every time I start it, it runs check disk. I searched it up, and it says that check disk is triggered by improper system shutdowns, failing hard drives, and malware infection. I am not sure if I have any of these. (I didn’t shut my pc down...
  7. Disk Check on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Check on startup: After I started my system, it began a disk Check out of the blue. Before that, it was turned off normally. What does it mean? Is it alarming or I should ignore it. It happened only once. submitted by /u/CptGiorgis [link] [comments]...
  8. Disk Checking on Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Checking on Startup: Hello. I own an Acer Swift 3 which I have the fear of it breaking. When I start up my computer, I see the message "Press any key to skip disk checking in # seconds." I always skip it, but then, I always have this question that comes up. The question that I have is "What...
  9. Win10 Skipping disk check

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Skipping disk check: I need help as I'm getting very frustrated. My D: drive (non system) keeps getting check on startup, I tried to use the 'chkntfs /x D:' to skip this but it doesn't work. After a few forced resets, when I land the 'press any key to skip disk check in 8secs...' And when I...
  10. Disk Checking at Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Checking at Startup: Hi Guys, I have been using Windows 10 for a while now with no issues, I currently have three HDD's installed in the PC, one that's used to boot windows, a secondary 250GB for extra storage and a 1TB drive to store\stream movies from. I was aware my 1TB HDD was not 100%...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. to skip disk check windows 10 skips without pressing a key

2. windows 10 skips check disk

3. disk checking at boot skips