Windows 10: Windows 10 Skype does not remember position on relaunch on second monitor

Discus and support Windows 10 Skype does not remember position on relaunch on second monitor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, I am trying to position my Skype window on the bottom of the second monitor. But whenever I launch the windows and the Skype starts it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dreed84, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Dreed84 Win User

Windows 10 Skype does not remember position on relaunch on second monitor

Hello all,

I am trying to position my Skype window on the bottom of the second monitor. But whenever I launch the windows and the Skype starts it's position is reset to center of the first monitor. It is driving me crazy, because it is the only application with this problem. Is there any fix or workaround? I have already tried to repeatedly maximize and minimize window, move it around the first monitor, close, open, move to the second monitor and nothing works so far. Thank You for help.

:)

Dreed84, Jan 26, 2019

2. Windows 10 apps do not remember size and position on relaunch

OK, so I just found a workaround.

• Open the app and position and size it on monitor 2
    • Move the app to monitor 1
    • Close the app
    • Relaunch the app, it should retain its size and position on monitor 1
    • Move the app to the desired position on monitor 2
    • Relaunch the app and all should be green
    Let's just hope it continues to work on reboot.

SeanMann_NaplandGames, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 apps do not remember size and position on relaunch

Just updated to Windows 10 for 7. Trying out some of the Windows Store Apps (Facebook and Twitter) and tried setting them up in a nice tiled fashion. Twitter, Skype, Outlook all remember their its position and size on relaunch. Facebook and Slack do not.
    On Windows 7 Slack was fine. I can't tell about Facebook because there was no desktop app for FB....

Anyway here's what I want to be persistent (this is my second monitor):

Windows 10 Skype does not remember position on relaunch on second monitor 3c424653-1b07-45ef-8524-39e07169b818.png

And here's what happens on relaunch of Twitter, FB, and Slack (showing both monitors since Slack launches into monitor 1 -- monitor 2 begins at the left edge of the Facebook app):

Windows 10 Skype does not remember position on relaunch on second monitor 5f74c5d6-ec69-4b24-884f-b9614e2f2dcf.jpg

Is there any way to overcome this?

SeanMann_NaplandGames, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Skype does not remember position on relaunch on second monitor

dorsetknob, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Skype does not remember position on relaunch on second monitor

1. Windows 10 Skype does not remember position on relaunch on second monitor - Similar Threads - Skype does remember

2. RDP doesnt remember window position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP doesnt remember window position: RDP app is resetting its position randomly everytime I maximize to full screen and then restore down. Even when you snap the RDP window to a position, for instance the left half of the screen, when you maximize and then restore down, the window's bottom border is off the...
  3. RDP doesnt remember window position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP doesnt remember window position: RDP app is resetting its position randomly everytime I maximize to full screen and then restore down. Even when you snap the RDP window to a position, for instance the left half of the screen, when you maximize and then restore down, the window's bottom border is off the...
  4. RDP doesnt remember window position

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position: Windows 11 does not remember the window size and position when docking/undocking. e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, Adobe, etc. I have checked the Settings > System > Display > Remember window locations based on monitor connection, however that seems to have no effect....
  6. Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Does Not Remember The Window Size And Position: Windows 11 does not remember the window size and position when docking/undocking. e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, Adobe, etc. I have checked the Settings > System > Display > Remember window locations based on monitor connection, however that seems to have no effect....
  7. Stop Windows 10 from Remembering Windows Positions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Windows 10 from Remembering Windows Positions: I can't find this answer after several searches. How can I make windows STOP remembering windows positions? I'm tired of having to hook up my second monitor again after I've disconnected it because some windows can't be moved back onto the screen by shift+right clicking in...
  8. Windows 10 does not remember window position and size

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 does not remember window position and size: If Windows does not remember the window position and size then this post will help you fix the problem. Although Windows 10 should open the […] This article Windows 10 does not remember window position and size first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Skype issue with second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Skype issue with second monitor: Hello everyone, I get me an external Monitor (Dell P2418D) for my Laptop (ASUS ux310ua). I have an Issue with Skype. I want to use my external Monitor for work, the Laptop monitor to use for Skype, so I can see as example the face of my Family and Girlfriend. I put the skype...
  10. Remember window position?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remember window position?: In every version of Windows 10 I have used, including the most recent official build (and unlike every previous Windows including XP, Vista, 7, 8, etc...) my window positions on the desktop are not remembered (sticky) each time I close the window. Meaning that each time I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype remember window position

2. skype win 10 remember window position