Windows 10: Windows 10 SL to Home non SL

Discus and support Windows 10 SL to Home non SL in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I just buy new laptop and the windows 10 version is 10 SL. Now I want to change it to windows 10 home, should I buy new code or I just have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Christopher_165, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Windows 10 SL to Home non SL

Hello I just buy new laptop and the windows 10 version is 10 SL. Now I want to change it to windows 10 home, should I buy new code or I just have to install the upgrade?

:)

Christopher_165, Dec 8, 2018

2. Which ISO to use for Windows 10 Home SL?

The Media Creation tool is I believe multi edition Home and Pro, like my MSDN ISO's, but does not include the SL version? I don't see it listed on MSDN either? That's a step back IMHO, it's an option on the Windows 8.1 MCT. An 8.0 Core OEM key (not SL) will install 10 Home. Verified that myself. I don't know where you get that ISO? Hopefully it gets added to the MCT at some point. It's a pain but you likely can run the MCT on each PC and chose the "Upgrade this PC now" option to get around it. Not ideal but it should work. Then see if you get 10 Home or 10 Home SL. If you get the full 10 Home, they will have a digital entitlement for it. Any clean installs after that will work with the ISO's you have now. You just select Home and click skip key.

alphanumeric, Dec 8, 2018
  3. EvieVK Win User
    Can We Install Windows SL English with Activation of SL Chinese?

Hi,

My Windows system came with my laptop bought in China was Windows 8.1 SL (Single Language) Chinese version. I upgraded it to Windows 10 when it was available for free upgrade, and now I have installed the creators update. However, I want to switch to an English
    system since it will be easier for me to do my work and use English language applications. Using the Windows 10 installation media creating tool, I made a USB drive with Windows 10 SL English installed. Still, I can not activate this SL English system using
    the activation number in my previous windows system (although not listed directly, I found it by using some tools to read my system info). I don't know if I can activate later when the system is completely installed or using some digital license connected
    with my Microsoft account to activate it, because I don't want to risk using a system not activated and encounter problems.

It would be great if any of you guys can help me solve this system switching issue.

Evie

EvieVK, Dec 8, 2018
  4. 3dWrecker Win User

Windows 10 SL to Home non SL

Robocopy Ignores /SL in Windows 10

Robocopy is ignoring the /SL feature. (/SL :: copy symbolic links versus the target.). This causes it to copy the videos Music and Pictures folders twice because there are system shortcuts to these folders in the Documents folder for compatibility.

Command is as follows (replace ***** with user name):

Code:
    robocopy "C:\Users\*****\Documents" "E:\*****\Documents" /sl /mir

robocopy "C:\Users\*****\Videos" "E:\*****\Videos" /sl /mir

robocopy "C:\Users\*****\Music" "E:\*****\Music" /sl /mir

robocopy "C:\Users\*****\Pictures" "E:\*****\Pictures" /sl /mir

Please fix this Microsoft.

3dWrecker, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 SL to Home non SL

1. Windows 10 SL to Home non SL - Similar Threads - Home non

2. How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?: How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?We have to move over a Windows 11 OEM home version to another motherboard PC, the first MoBo has defects and has to be exchanged.We understood that a NON OEM version can be transferred to another motherboard...
  3. How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?: How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?We have to move over a Windows 11 OEM home version to another motherboard PC, the first MoBo has defects and has to be exchanged.We understood that a NON OEM version can be transferred to another motherboard...
  4. Can I upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro in non-genuine product?

Can I upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro in non-genuine product?: Hello, I bought free-dos laptop and finally I installed Windows 10 home version.not genuine licenseNow I am going to certify through Windows 10 Pro product key but I already installed Windows 10 home, and I only have Windows 10 Pro product key. As I know, it is unable to...
  5. Can I upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro in non-genuine product?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro in non-genuine product?: Hello, I bought free-dos laptop and finally I installed Windows 10 home version.not genuine licenseNow I am going to certify through Windows 10 Pro product key but I already installed Windows 10 home, and I only have Windows 10 Pro product key. As I know, it is unable to...
  6. Can I upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro in non-genuine product?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Edizione Windows 10 Home Versione 22H2 Data installazione: ‎07/‎12/2019. Non riesco a...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Edizione Windows 10 Home Versione 22H2 Data installazione: ‎07/‎12/2019. Non riesco a...: MICROSOFT STORE NON SI RIPRISTINA.NON RIESCO AD SCARICARE E INSTALLARE LE APP NEANCHE DAL MIO ACCOUNT MICROSOFT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edizione-windows-10-home-versione-22h2-data/c631f7a4-20ea-4f49-b9fd-2794798d9e4f
  8. Edizione Windows 10 Home Versione 22H2 Data installazione: ‎07/‎12/2019. Non riesco a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edizione Windows 10 Home Versione 22H2 Data installazione: ‎07/‎12/2019. Non riesco a...: MICROSOFT STORE NON SI RIPRISTINA.NON RIESCO AD SCARICARE E INSTALLARE LE APP NEANCHE DAL MIO ACCOUNT MICROSOFT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edizione-windows-10-home-versione-22h2-data/c631f7a4-20ea-4f49-b9fd-2794798d9e4f
  9. Edizione Windows 10 Home Versione 22H2 Data installazione: ‎07/‎12/2019. Non riesco a...

10. Is there non profit pricing for upgrading MS Win11 Home to Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there non profit pricing for upgrading MS Win11 Home to Pro?: I have a customer who is non profit. We need to upgrade their laptop from Win11 Home to Pro. Is there non profit pricing for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-non-profit-pricing-for-upgrading-ms-win11/cb00986a-1bca-4ef6-85d7-53f619c04bc6