Windows 10: Windows 10 SL to Windows 10 Pro - Microsoft Store upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 SL to Windows 10 Pro - Microsoft Store upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good day, I bought a licence upgrade from Windows 10 SL to Windows 10 Pro on the Microsoft store. Received my email confirmation and everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MeyerVW, May 28, 2020.

1. MeyerVW Win User

Windows 10 SL to Windows 10 Pro - Microsoft Store upgrade

Good day,

I bought a licence upgrade from Windows 10 SL to Windows 10 Pro on the Microsoft store.

Received my email confirmation and everything went well. Upgrade was successful.

However since I joined my PC to the local domain Windows is saying that it is not activated.

I also noticed that the licence is now for Windows 10 Enterprise and not Pro.

I logged in with my Microsoft account that I used to purchase the licence but still activation cannot happen.

I need help to get Windows activated. Everytime I run the troubleshooter it just sais ensure you are connected to the internet.

Thanks.

:)

MeyerVW, May 28, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, May 28, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 28, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 SL to Windows 10 Pro - Microsoft Store upgrade - Similar Threads - Pro Microsoft Store

2. Windows 10 pro microsoft store upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro microsoft store upgrade: windows 10 home to pro microsoft store upgrade not working after motherboard change. Pls help me.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-microsoft-store-upgrade/9d98ea36-12e0-4f57-90b6-76a8f8cd8bf4
  3. Windows 10 pro microsoft store upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro microsoft store upgrade: windows 10 home to pro microsoft store upgrade not working after motherboard change. Pls help me.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-microsoft-store-upgrade/9d98ea36-12e0-4f57-90b6-76a8f8cd8bf4
  4. Windows 10 pro microsoft store upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. is their a to upgrade from Windows 10 Home SL to Pro for free

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is their a to upgrade from Windows 10 Home SL to Pro for free: Is their any way shape or form I can upgrade my Windows 10 Home SL to Windows 10 pro for free permanently without damaging any of files or doing anything illegal towards my system?P.S.I'm just curious...
  6. MIcrosoft Store - Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MIcrosoft Store - Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I know this has been asked before on here and have Googled, but I have yet to really see a solution..... I purchased a Dell a few months ago, and just today attempted to upgrade via the Microsoft Store from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. Made the purchase at least MS...
  7. Windows 10 Home SL to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

Windows 10 Home SL to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: Hi, I'm currently running activated Windows 10 Home Single Language and I'm planning on upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, do I need to purchase another license?...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade from Home (SL) to Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 upgrade from Home (SL) to Pro: I have a pre-installed Windows 10 Home Single Language available on my laptop, and I want to use Docker, which needs Hyper-V (not available on Windows Home), so I'm thinking of upgrading my Windows 10 to Pro version. I bought an OEM license for Windows 10 Pro from Kinguin,...
  9. Upgrade Windows 10 Home SL to Home (no SL)?

Upgrade Windows 10 Home SL to Home (no SL)?: Is it possible to upgrade to Home (no SL) just to have more than one language pack for language proofing? I don't need the Pro functionality, just additional language packs for proofing tools. I just got my laptop with w10 Home SL (english), everything is ok until I need to...
  10. Upgrade Windows 10 Home SL to Pro

Upgrade Windows 10 Home SL to Pro: so to the point okay, my laptop is installed windows 10 home SL so can i upgrade to windows 10 pro without reinstall the windows? just need the license of windows 10 pro?...