Windows 10: Windows 10 sleep is turning off my bluetooth

Discus and support Windows 10 sleep is turning off my bluetooth in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When Windows 10 puts my laptop to sleep my bluetooth is not coming back on when it wakes up. I have to shut down and reboot the computer completely to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Snarkypuss, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Windows 10 sleep is turning off my bluetooth

When Windows 10 puts my laptop to sleep my bluetooth is not coming back on when it wakes up. I have to shut down and reboot the computer completely to get bluetooth to turn on again. I have tried changing the power mangement settings for the two drivers under "network adapters" in the device manager so that it does not shut them off to save power but that had no effect. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

On a side note, my factory overclocking feature on this computer (Alienware 17M R3) also turns off during sleep and does not come back on and I do not have this problem with my 15M R2 which does NOT have the overclock feature in the BIOS... so could this be a BIOS issue or just a Windows 10 issue (I guess regardless it is a Windows 10 issue, by default)? My 15 inch laptop has Windows HOME installed and PC with the problem has Windows Pro, however... Here is another thread which talks about this issue:

(https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...8c1abce?page=2)

In the thread they end it with telling the guy to reinstall Windows (which doesn't work, the problem persists).

Edit: Just wanted to note that the actual bluetooth drivers disappear from the device manager after waking from sleep. The two drivers that say "bluetooth" in their name do not have any "power management" option/tab in their properties either.

:)

Snarkypuss, Jun 28, 2016
  2. #DW& Win User

bluetooth speakers shut off with screen power down

You seem to misunderstand me. The bluetooth works. The speakers work. Everything works until the screen display goes off (because of the power management settings, which are at the recommended defaults) or the computer goes to sleep. Other computers will
    continue to play my music even when the screen display turns off. Windows 10 appears to shut off the bluetooth when the screen shuts off or when computer goes into sleep mode.

Is there a way to prevent the bluetooth from turning off when the computer sleeps?

#DW&, Jun 28, 2016
  3. bluetooth and the 3600 mouse

I have a microsoft 3600 mouse and when i wake my machine from sleep and turn on the mouse the bluetooth is DOA

I have to reboot the machine to get it working, i am using a usb bluetooth 4.0 csr adapter

the 3600 has a button to turn it off, to save on battery with my laptop

windows 10

Hardcore Games™, Jun 28, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 sleep is turning off my bluetooth

1. Windows 10 sleep is turning off my bluetooth - Similar Threads - sleep turning off

2. Turn off bluetooth when laptop sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off bluetooth when laptop sleeping: I have a Dell Inspiron 16, purchased about 6 months ago and running Windows 11 Home. When I close the lid the laptop goes into sleep mode, but bluetooth continues to be active, which can make it difficult to pair my headset to my phone. I've verified that the bluetooth driver...
  3. Turn off bluetooth when laptop sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off bluetooth when laptop sleeping: I have a Dell Inspiron 16, purchased about 6 months ago and running Windows 11 Home. When I close the lid the laptop goes into sleep mode, but bluetooth continues to be active, which can make it difficult to pair my headset to my phone. I've verified that the bluetooth driver...
  4. Bluetooth automatically turns off after putting windows to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bluetooth automatically turns off after putting windows to sleep.: Whenever I put my windows to sleep and come back, the bluetooth is automatically turned off. There is also no way to turn it back on since there is no on and off toggle. I believe I have the latest driver. To get my bluetooth to reappear, I would have to turn off the power...
  5. "Bluetooth is turned off"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Bluetooth is turned off": Hi there, So I was playing a game on my PC at around 6:30 pm now 7:41 pm and I got a notification to install a Windows 10 update. So I downloaded the update, my PC restarted and when it launched back up, my Bluetooth devices were disconnected. With the message showing...
  6. Set Windows 10 to turn off bluetooth when in sleep mode

Set Windows 10 to turn off bluetooth when in sleep mode: I would like to know how, if it is possible, to have Windows 10 turn off Bluetooth when I send the computer to sleep by closing the lid. I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones that I use with both my laptop and with my mobile. When I am finished using my laptop and put it in...
  7. My bluetooth is turned off.

My bluetooth is turned off.: My Bluetooth says the bluetooth is turned off. How do I get it turned back on? I can't connect my E7 headphones or iPhone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-is-turned-off/f059a8b8-68f5-4dea-a07f-8bd38195d349
  8. Bluetooth - Sleep turns Bluetooth off and disables ability to turn back on - restart or...

Bluetooth - Sleep turns Bluetooth off and disables ability to turn back on - restart or...: Windows 10 Pro This has been a problem for at least a year. When the computer goes into sleep mode on its own from inactivity, the Bluetooth turns off and the ability to turn it on disappears. It cannot be turned on in settings. Cortana cannot turn it on. [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows 10 Bluetooth is turned off, Bluetooth turns its self off and I can't turn it on

Windows 10 Bluetooth is turned off, Bluetooth turns its self off and I can't turn it on: Hi I have an ongoing intermittent issue with Windows 10 (up to date and feature 1803) and Bluetooth in which my Bluetooth will turn off / disappear when using my Dell Precision 7520 laptop so my Bluetooth mouse stops working. This happens once a month or so and after...
  10. Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Bluetooth Wireless Communication in Windows 10 Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two Bluetooth enabled devices located nearby each other....