Windows 10: windows 10 sleep mode - closing the lid drains battery

Discus and support windows 10 sleep mode - closing the lid drains battery in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have windows 10 prowith asus zenbook 14 pro ux480fd, and when closing the lead and entering sleep modeI made sure of that in settings it drains... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BenayaTrabelsi, Dec 25, 2019.

1. windows 10 sleep mode - closing the lid drains battery

Hi,

I have windows 10 prowith asus zenbook 14 pro ux480fd, and when closing the lead and entering sleep modeI made sure of that in settings

it drains the battery almost as if it wasn't on sleep mode. after contacting asus, they said it has to do with microsoft.

are you aware of this issue? is there a working fix to this?

just to compare, I have another laptop 6 years older which can stay on sleep mode for a week.

any help will be appreciated.

:)

BenayaTrabelsi, Dec 25, 2019
  2. bubba070 Win User

Battery drain while in sleep mode (Windows 10)

Hello

I have an Asus GL551. It original had Windows 8.1 on it but I upgraded to Windows 10 a few months ago. Ever since it has been running Windows 10 the battery will drain completely within 10-12 hours while in sleep mode. When it had Windows 8.1 this was not
    an issue. There would still be plenty of battery power even after a few days of not being used and in sleep mode.

I suspect that is is coming out of sleep mode periodically and draining the battery. Just the other day I had been watching a YouTube video. When It finished I closed the lid of the laptop putting it to sleep. About two hours later, with the lid closed the
    laptop started playing the Youtube video all by itself. I had not touched the computer and the lid was still closed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Kevin

bubba070, Dec 25, 2019
  3. Sleep mode when lid is closed

When I close the lid of my Lenovo laptop with Windows 7, the computer doesn NOT go to sleep. The settings in Control Panel are correct: When I Close The Lid I have put SLEEP for battery and plugged in mode. How can I get it to go back to working normally
    and putting my laptop to sleep mode when I close the lid? I already had Windows 7 re-installed, but the problem is still there. Thank you windows 10 sleep mode - closing the lid drains battery :)

louisalouisa, Dec 25, 2019
  4. windows 10 sleep mode - closing the lid drains battery

XPS 13 9350 Even after setting Sleep on Lid close, System doesn't sleep on closing Lid.

I am using Dell XPS 13 9350. Although the I have specified "Sleep on lid close" in advance power settings, yet when I close the lid, the system does not go into sleep mode. Rather, the screen display remains on while the lid is closed which drains the
    battery by the time I use it for next use.

UsamaChaudhary, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 sleep mode - closing the lid drains battery

1. windows 10 sleep mode - closing the lid drains battery - Similar Threads - sleep mode closing

2. Battery draining while in sleep mode Lid Closed windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery draining while in sleep mode Lid Closed windows 11: Technically either in sleep mode or with Lid Closed the system should be shut without any background activity but i have been facing this issue where even if i put the system to sleep mode or close the lid, the system still keeps running. the battery drains a lot and this is...
  3. Battery draining while in sleep mode Lid Closed windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery draining while in sleep mode Lid Closed windows 11: Technically either in sleep mode or with Lid Closed the system should be shut without any background activity but i have been facing this issue where even if i put the system to sleep mode or close the lid, the system still keeps running. the battery drains a lot and this is...
  4. Windows 11 Computer Battery drains in sleep mode

Windows 11 Computer Battery drains in sleep mode: Brand new laptop came with Windows 11.I've noticed that it doesn't actually sleep in sleep mode. The battery still drains at roughly the same rate as when I'm using the laptop, the body of the computer remains warm as if it's still running.How do I get it to actually sleep...
  5. Windows 11 battery draining in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 battery draining in sleep mode: After upgrading to Windows 11. how to fix it I tried disabling ipv6 but it still doesn't work and sleeping while listening to music. It's horrible, it drains the battery so fast...
  6. Windows 11 battery draining in sleep mode

Windows 11 battery draining in sleep mode: After upgrading to Windows 11. how to fix it I tried disabling ipv6 but it still doesn't work and sleeping while listening to music. It's horrible, it drains the battery so fast...
  7. Battery drains to zero in sleep mode - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drains to zero in sleep mode - Windows 11: I have Mi Notebook Horizon Ultra Edition 14 i7 and having strange problem of battery draining in sleep mode, since updated to Windows 11.What happens is ... If I close lid with charger plugged-in and put it to sleep and then remove charger when done do not open lid. By next...
  8. Windows 11 battery draining in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 battery draining in sleep mode: Hi everyone,After the upgrade to Windows 11, I've found that my laptop won't go to sleep after closing the lid. The fan keeps making noise with the lid closed, and the battery is drained. When opening the lid again, the computer won't respond to anything blank screen, power...
  9. Windows 11 battery draining in sleep mode

Windows 11 battery draining in sleep mode: Hi everyone,After the upgrade to Windows 11, I've found that my laptop won't go to sleep after closing the lid. The fan keeps making noise with the lid closed, and the battery is drained. When opening the lid again, the computer won't respond to anything blank screen, power...
  10. Battery drains while on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery drains while on sleep mode.: Hello, Since the win 10 upgrade i am facing issues with my laptop. Earlier when i used to put my Laptop sleep mode it doesn't used to wake up, so I used to power it off and restart it again, now that got fixed on itself somehow. and now new issue has come up, now my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. battery draining in sleeping mode in windows 10