Windows 10: Windows 10 Sleep Mode Doesn't Go To Sleep Anymore

Discus and support Windows 10 Sleep Mode Doesn't Go To Sleep Anymore in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I was using the Sleep mode a lot. Either I put it into sleep or after so much time it went to sleep. It was super convenient. Now when it goes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LastJayNotTaken, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Sleep Mode Doesn't Go To Sleep Anymore

I was using the Sleep mode a lot. Either I put it into sleep or after so much time it went to sleep. It was super convenient. Now when it goes to sleep, it turns the display output off, but the HDD light is showing activity and the power light is still on. The computer seems to be still on. If I come back later it will be off (not in Sleep mode). The computer had shut down, everything was closed when I booted up again.

I can't figure out why it started not working. It felt like it was right after the most recent update that installed.

Anyone experiencing this recently?

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,

Jay

:)

LastJayNotTaken, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

yes, it was already off.

its waking up one hour after it sleeps for about 2 minutes, then sleeping again. How the eff can i track what it does in that time if nothing shows in powerCFG or the event log?

Mussels, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Sleep Mode Doesn't Go To Sleep Anymore

sleep mode in windows 10

Hi,

The challenge that you are having with the sleep mode on Windows 10 may be caused by misconfigured power settings on your computer. We suggest to check this thread:

Win 10 reboots after sleep mode
    . Look for MVP Mike Hall... always replied. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Sleep Mode Doesn't Go To Sleep Anymore

1. Windows 10 Sleep Mode Doesn't Go To Sleep Anymore - Similar Threads - Sleep Mode Doesn't

2. Windows 10 is not going to sleep mode!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 is not going to sleep mode!: I tried all the possible settings but my laptop won't sleep at all! Can someone please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-not-going-to-sleep-mode/4d317dbb-93f8-46d2-9c73-70cb99098852
  3. Windows 10 is not going to sleep mode!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is not going to sleep mode!: I tried all the possible settings but my laptop won't sleep at all! Can someone please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-not-going-to-sleep-mode/4d317dbb-93f8-46d2-9c73-70cb99098852
  4. Windows 10 is not going to sleep mode!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Will not go to sleep mode

Windows 10 Will not go to sleep mode: Hello, I am losing my mind over this. My PC will not go into sleep mode. I have checked the powercfg and noticed it was saying legacy kernal caller problem. I have followed the trouble shooters for this however this will not fix my issue. I have checked the event log and a...
  6. Screen doesn't go into sleep mode

Screen doesn't go into sleep mode: My screen doesn't go into sleep mode even though the settings are set. I tried changing settings and rebooting but screen stays on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-doesnt-go-into-sleep-mode/98d2c93d-e3a5-4bd8-be0f-79b2d6f38627
  7. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...
  8. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...
  9. Windows 10 is not going to sleep anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is not going to sleep anymore: Hello people and sry for my bad english my system was running completely fine before two last days. now my computer is not going to sleep anymore when i click sleep button the screen goes off but my pc power fans hard disks and .... is on then i need hard reset it to get...
  10. Windows 10 doesn't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 doesn't go to sleep: My computer does not go to sleep mode for some reason. I can get it to sleep mode manually but it doesn't do it automatically like it shows in the power option that I had set to 5 minutes. The display does turn off on its own. its just the that the PC wont go to sleep mode on...