Windows 10: Windows 10 sleep mode issue: wakes up again as it goes to sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 sleep mode issue: wakes up again as it goes to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All, I am facing issue with Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Home. I am using ASUS Vivobook S510UN, for past few days, when I put system on sleep it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by amansankla, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Windows 10 sleep mode issue: wakes up again as it goes to sleep

Hi All,

I am facing issue with Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Home.

I am using ASUS Vivobook S510UN, for past few days, when I put system on sleep it wakes up immediately and doesn't go to sleep mode.

Even when the lid is closed it wakes up and asks for login.

Have checked all the relevant settings for this. but no solution yet.

cmd: powercfg -lastwake:

Wake History Count - 1

Wake History [0]

Wake Source Count - 1

Wake Source [0]

Type: Fixed Feature

Power Button

cmd: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

NONE

Need help to get it resolved.

Thanks

:)

amansankla, Sep 8, 2020

2. Computer Wakes Up From Sleep And Goes Back To Sleep?

Hmm, lazy computer! *Roll Eyes Windows 10 sleep mode issue: wakes up again as it goes to sleep :rolleyes:

Sorry for that stupid line, I couldn't resist. *Frown Windows 10 sleep mode issue: wakes up again as it goes to sleep :(

Maybe you have something configured to sleep when idle. Check that on your power settings.

Blue-Knight, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 sleep mode issue: wakes up again as it goes to sleep

Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

yes, it was already off.

its waking up one hour after it sleeps for about 2 minutes, then sleeping again. How the eff can i track what it does in that time if nothing shows in powerCFG or the event log?

Mussels, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 sleep mode issue: wakes up again as it goes to sleep

1. Windows 10 sleep mode issue: wakes up again as it goes to sleep - Similar Threads - sleep mode issue

2. Windows 10 wakes up/goes to sleep randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 wakes up/goes to sleep randomly: I have an asus rog laptop with - ryzen 7 5800h CPU - nvidia rtx 3060 GPU - windows 10 latest OSI don't use it as a laptop, I have my tv smart 4k samsung connected to it through hdmi. It doesn't turn the tv off/on, but if the source is set to the pc, it sleeps/wakes up at...
  3. Issue during wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue during wake up from sleep mode: Last week I build my own PC. After installing windows and all drivers everything works properly. Yesterday I found an issue. When my PC is on sleep mode and I try to wake it up for example by clicking mouse button computer starts to work all LED's and fan turns on and after...
  4. sleep mode not waking up windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep mode not waking up windows 10: Hi I changed Windows power settings --> lid closing to Do Nothing, still it goes to sleep whenever I close the lid and not waking up. Always I need to shutdown and restart. : Appreciate your support on this Thanks...
  5. Wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  6. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  7. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  8. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...
  9. Waking up from sleep mode issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Waking up from sleep mode issue: Every time I wake up my pc, all my desktop shortcuts have dissapeared and all my running apps show they are still running. However whenever I click on that app on the task bar, that app never opens. Any advice. All my graphics drivers are up to date. I do have a second hdd...
  10. Sleep Mode on Windows 10 waking up on it's on

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode on Windows 10 waking up on it's on: I am running Windows 10 (64-bit) on a HP Envy - 750-514. I put my computer in Sleep Mode any time that I finished with it. * Last nite in the middle of the nite, I heard my computer power up on its own.* When I checked on it, the power lite was on "on" and it was running.*...