Windows 10: windows 10 sleep mode not working

Discus and support windows 10 sleep mode not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so im placing the computer in sleep mode sometimes it goes to sleep and then wakes up after 1 min or it just turns of the screens. i found it in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Teletha, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Teletha Win User

windows 10 sleep mode not working

so im placing the computer in sleep mode sometimes it goes to sleep and then wakes up after 1 min or it just turns of the screens. i found it in the event viewer but that wasn't so much of a help... i think i turned of almost everything in device manager so that the devices can't wake the computer.

windows 10 sleep mode not working [​IMG]

:)

Teletha, Aug 14, 2015

2. Sleep mode in Windows 10

I just installed Windows 10 on my Dell XPS desktop. With Windows 8, I had created a desktop icon to go to sleep mode but it doesn't work now. When I go to the Windows icon, the power button does not list sleep mode as an option as it did with Windows
    8. How do I initiate sleep mode now in Windows 10?

Phil Freeman, Aug 14, 2015
  3. nkuma2171 Win User
    Windows 10 Sleep Mode Not Working

When sleep mode is not functioning on your Windows 10 I think you should 2 things the first is the display adapter and the second is Advanced power options. I have seen a nice article on the web which could help you vitally How
    to Fix Windows 10 Sleep Mode Not Working
    . Old drivers of the display adapter always mess up things whereas Advanced power options directly ask you whether you want your system to send to Sleep mode or not.

nkuma2171, Aug 14, 2015
  4. CyberTod Win User

There are many topics on the subject, just search the forum.
    But the first thing to check is (in cmd) :

powercfg /waketimers

CyberTod, Aug 14, 2015
  5. Teletha Win User
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /waketimers
    Timer set by [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (SystemEventsBroker) expires at 20:59:30 on 2015-08-16.
    Reason: Windows will execute 'NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Reboot' scheduled task that requested waking the computer.

Timer set by [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer_Service.exe (TeamViewer) expires at 19:47:34 on 2015-08-15.
    Reason: generic

Teletha, Aug 14, 2015
  6. CyberTod Win User
    The Teamviewer service is your problem. If you disable it it will sleep normally.
    Most of the people who have this problem are exactly because of Teamviewer service.

CyberTod, Aug 14, 2015
  7. me75006 Win User
    Teamviewer did have a recent release, 10.xx which kept waking the computer, even if the user had not selected that option.
    Ver 9.x was trouble free.
    Or recent they have released an updated 10.x where that problem was supposed to be resolved.

me75006, Aug 14, 2015
  8. Teletha Win User

awesome info guys! i should have searched the forums for it but it's something about making a thread feels almost easier even if it isn't xD

I hope this is the correct service it was the only one with the name teamviewer *Smile

windows 10 sleep mode not working [​IMG]

Teletha, Aug 14, 2015
  9. Update TeamViewer; a new version was released 7Aug2015 to fix the problem of TeamViewer waking computers running Windows 10.

Not Myself, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 sleep mode not working - Similar Threads - sleep mode working

2. sleep mode is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sleep mode is not working: sleep mode is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-is-not-working/8663819a-6358-4b00-a159-a6cfb66fe6cd
  3. Sleep mode not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode not working: My newish Win 11 laptop will no longer go into sleep mode after 5 minutes like it is supposed to. I have fiddled with the power settings to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-not-working/673ddd28-ca89-4d2c-b8dc-fca82234cd63
  4. Windows 10 Sleep Mode does not work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Sleep Mode does not work: My one year old HP laptop came with Windows10 pre-loaded and worked fine. It would 'sleep' if not used for 15 mins but has stopped doing so. I have reset the power settings without any effect. Please advise how to correct the problem. I am not an expert at software issues....
  5. SLEEP MODE NOT WORKING..IF

SLEEP MODE NOT WORKING..IF: after the 1909 update,my HP laptop sleep mode is not working.In sleep mode,my power button light is on and system will shut down.With the help of HP support forum,i checked for file errors using Microsoft tool in command mode and corrected it .It worked for a while and...
  6. Sleep mode not working

Sleep mode not working: The problem: I have a Logitech K200 keyboard USB that since the 2004 update the sleep function key no longer works it reboots the machine. Looking in the Power Settings area shows no entries where the keyboard is mentioned....
  7. Sleep mode is not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep mode is not working: Hi all, Can someone explain to me why Sleep doesn't put the PC properly to sleep? I'd decide to put mine to sleep and then just randomly, some minutes later it'll just wake up on its own. Defuq is going on here? submitted by /u/KingAnnO [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 1903 Sleep mode not working.

Windows 10 1903 Sleep mode not working.: If I set sleep mode to say 5 minutes whilst listening to an online radio, it never enters sleep mode. No, I have not touched any keys, mouse etc However, if I leave my laptop doing nothing, no radio etc, then it will enter sleep mode. I have tried restoring plan defaults in...
  9. Windows 10 sleep mode doesn't work!

Windows 10 sleep mode doesn't work!: Hello, My PC won't go to sleep when i press the sleep button from the start menu.The screens will go blank, but everything else stays on.If I press any key or mouse button the screens power back and display my desktop instead of the login screen as per usual . I have been...
  10. Sleep mode not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode not working: A week ago stopped working from my normal 3 minute setting. The screen turns off after 3 min, pc remains on, but I have to push the start/shut off button to get the monitor on again. Can't think of what software I might have added that could cause this. My Phoenix BIOS...