Windows 10: Windows 10 Sleep Mode stopped working after Cumulative Update.

Discus and support Windows 10 Sleep Mode stopped working after Cumulative Update. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Desktop system, and a while back, just after one of the Microsoft Cumulative Updates, my Sleep Mode stopped working, and in-spite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MichaelPerez1953, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Sleep Mode stopped working after Cumulative Update.

I have a Windows 10 Desktop system, and a while back, just after one of the Microsoft Cumulative Updates, my Sleep Mode stopped working, and in-spite of checking and rechecking settings, I cannot get it to function correctly. I have been hoping that the newer updates from Microsoft would address this issue, as I am not the only one experiencing it. Is there an update or file download somewhere that addresses this issue?

:)

MichaelPerez1953, Apr 9, 2022
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Apr 9, 2022
  3. rtbt Win User
    Windows 10: SLEEP MODE suddenly stopped working

Hi Michael:

Appreciate the advice, but for unknown reasons, the problem is resolved.

• As I stated before, Sleep Mode worked fairly reliable for at least 2 years.
    • I made no changes to my settings and about 3 days ago it stopped working.
    • Even after multiple reboots, sleep mode would not operate properly for the past 3 days.
    • About 2 hours after I uploaded my post, Sleep Mode started working perfectly.
      Why? I didn't change anything.

These are the kinds of software issues which drive me crazy. I didn't make any changes to the system and Sleep Mode stopped working for 3 days. I didn't make any changes to the system, yet after 3 days, Sleep Mode is once again working properly.

How does one explain this type of bizarre result?

rtbt, Apr 9, 2022
  4. Windows 10 Sleep Mode stopped working after Cumulative Update.

sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Apr 9, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Sleep Mode stopped working after Cumulative Update.

1. Windows 10 Sleep Mode stopped working after Cumulative Update. - Similar Threads - Sleep Mode stopped

2. Do cumulative updates stop when the device enters Sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do cumulative updates stop when the device enters Sleep mode?: I left my device on while an update was "installing" and came back in about 40minutes and the percentage was about the same; it did jump by about 16% within a few seconds however. Sleep is set at about 10 minutes....
  3. Do cumulative updates stop when the device enters Sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do cumulative updates stop when the device enters Sleep mode?: I left my device on while an update was "installing" and came back in about 40minutes and the percentage was about the same; it did jump by about 16% within a few seconds however. Sleep is set at about 10 minutes....
  4. Do cumulative updates stop when the device enters Sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Sleep Mode stopped working after Cumulative Update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Sleep Mode stopped working after Cumulative Update.: I have a Windows 10 Desktop system, and a while back, just after one of the Microsoft Cumulative Updates, my Sleep Mode stopped working, and in-spite of checking and rechecking settings, I cannot get it to function correctly. I have been hoping that the newer updates from...
  6. Windows 10 Sleep Mode stopped working after Cumulative Update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Sleep Mode stopped working after Cumulative Update.: I have a Windows 10 Desktop system, and a while back, just after one of the Microsoft Cumulative Updates, my Sleep Mode stopped working, and in-spite of checking and rechecking settings, I cannot get it to function correctly. I have been hoping that the newer updates from...
  7. Audio and Video Stop Working After Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Audio and Video Stop Working After Sleep Mode: I have been experiencing an extremely annoying issue for the past few weeks that has finally bothered me enough to warrant a post. Every night I put my computer to sleep and wake it up the next day. Upon waking up, the computer no longer plays any videos or any audio Both...
  8. Sleep Mode no longer works after Windows 10 Feature Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep Mode no longer works after Windows 10 Feature Update: I recently got a Windows 10 Feature update (it was automatic), and now my sleep mode doesn’t work. When I click to go to sleep mode, all it does is make the display black, but the computer doesn’t actually go to sleep. The power light remains lit (which it turned off before),...
  9. sleep mode after update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep mode after update: I am really sick and tired of windows. Every time there is an update, the sleep mode of my computer stops working and I have to spend countless hours trying to figure out how to fix it. And every time, it seems to be more and more complicated. In all honesty, I think that...
  10. Touchpad stops working after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad stops working after sleep mode: After my Lenovo Windows 10 laptop wakes up from sleep mode, the touchpad doesn't work. The touchpad enable button won't work, the touchpad only functioning after I restart my laptop. I already updated my drivers and reinstalled them....