Windows 10: Windows 10 Sleep Model Seemingly Uncontrollable

Discus and support Windows 10 Sleep Model Seemingly Uncontrollable in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When my laptop is on power, I never want it to sleep. When on battery, I never want it to sleep unless I TELL it to sleep, not by closing the lid or on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by StateDawg, Feb 16, 2021.

1. StateDawg Win User

Windows 10 Sleep Model Seemingly Uncontrollable

When my laptop is on power, I never want it to sleep. When on battery, I never want it to sleep unless I TELL it to sleep, not by closing the lid or on a timer.

I've visited Power & Sleep settings and set the options to my preference. I then proceed to Additional Power Settings and edit the selected power plan to confirm that those settings also propagate there. I even make a change, save it, then change it back to the desired setting and save again to ensure the settings "take".

My laptop still sleeps as it sees fit while on power or otherwise. This has been a long time problem which I finally got sick and tired of enough to actually make a post asking for assistance.

I'm on the latest version of Win 10 with all updates installed as of 16-Feb-21. All available updates from the laptop manufacturer are installed including BIOS.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

:)

StateDawg, Feb 16, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Floating and uncontrolable curser.

Hi,

We'd like to know more about your concern regarding the uncontrollable cursor when playing games. Please answer the following:

• Have you made recent changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • Aside from gaming, is the issue also happening when navigating to other programs?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse to check if the same issue will occur?
    We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Sleep Model Seemingly Uncontrollable - Similar Threads - Sleep Model Seemingly

2. Uncontrollable Scrolling in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uncontrollable Scrolling in Windows 10: I am running Windows 10 on my Dell XPS 15 laptop. Ever since last night, I have had an uncontrollable scrolling problem. This occurs both with my mouse and the directional arrows on my keyboard as well as using the touchscreen. For example, when I want to go to the far left...
  3. Uncontrollable Scrolling in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uncontrollable Scrolling in Windows 10: I am running Windows 10 on my Dell XPS 15 laptop. Ever since last night, I have had an uncontrollable scrolling problem. This occurs both with my mouse and the directional arrows on my keyboard as well as using the touchscreen. For example, when I want to go to the far left...
  4. Uncontrollable Scrolling in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 Scrolling Uncontrollably

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Scrolling Uncontrollably: What would cause Windows 10 scroll uncontrollably? A bad touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-10-scrolling-uncontrollably/3af43be4-6e97-4e72-90c5-19c522d16a5b
  6. Uncontrollable Scrolling using Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uncontrollable Scrolling using Windows 10: This is the second computer on which I have had uncontrollable scrolling issues - both computers were using Windows 10. The first time was on my corporate computer - and after changing out ALL of the hardware, it was determined to be either the connection to the...
  7. Windows 10 uncontrollable scrolling

in Cortana
    Windows 10 uncontrollable scrolling: After x amount of time on my PC the windows 10 menus will scroll uncontrollably. I have reset my pc, tried a different keyboard and mouse, updated all drivers and windows 10, tried signing into another account and back into the main. and flashed my BIOS. Nothing makes it go...
  8. Scrolling uncontrollable

Scrolling uncontrollable: Scrolling has gone haywire on my PC. Lists scroll uncontrollably. No button on my mouse has any effect. It does not work on this page. I have Windows 10 but I cannot select that version below because the drop down menus do not work. The menu flickers on but disappears...
  9. Scrolling is uncontrolable

Scrolling is uncontrolable: Hello ! I have a terrible problem , It's been a week since i first saw this problem , whenever I scroll down it goes up a few lines and when I scroll up it goes down a few lines and it is hard th scroll up or down or in games to zoom in or out. If some one can help me I...
  10. Windows 10 Pictures scrolling uncontrollably

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pictures scrolling uncontrollably: when I open an image in windows 10 and if there is more than one image in the file location it will go to the first one uncontrollably. I have already restarted my computer but the problem is still there. It isn't the mouse. It's either a software issue or a problem with...