Windows 10: Windows 10 Sleep option disappears

Discus and support Windows 10 Sleep option disappears in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello All, I have a dell laptop with windows 10 that lost its sleep option. I was able to enable it through local group policy but it disappeared after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DaveMagz, Feb 25, 2022.

1. DaveMagz Win User

Windows 10 Sleep option disappears

Hello All, I have a dell laptop with windows 10 that lost its sleep option. I was able to enable it through local group policy but it disappeared after a few hours.When it is gone there are no options to enable it in the power settings.I have ran all applicable dell driver updatesI have ran all windows updates and rolled back updates version 1909 and 20H2It is enabled in the BIOSI have reinstalled, updated to latest the display driversI have Enabled the following in local group policies:"Show sleep in the power options menu""Allow standby states S1 - S3 when sleeping plugged in""Allow sta

:)

DaveMagz, Feb 25, 2022
  2. Jim8080 Win User

Computer Sleep Option Missing in Settings

The Settings Power and Sleep menu in Settings should list Screen and Sleep, where Sleep is used to tell when the PC goes to sleep. Sleep is missing, so my computer never sleeps. Fast startup and Hibernate are not enabled.

I used Tutorial Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10 to change the registry while in administrative mode, but sleep still is not seen.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings now lists :1: It was 0 before the change.

Windows 10 Sleep option disappears [​IMG]

I cannot get a large image, so will type
    Default REG_SZ (value not set)
    ShowHibernate REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (0)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)

I used Option 3 to add sleep using the Group Policy Editor. The steps seemed to work fine, but sleep is still missing.

I’m using a “new” refurbished Dell T3500 workstation with mbr running the current version of win10. I have a number of these computers, and the other all have the normal sleep mode .

Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Feb 25, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 25, 2022
  4. Windows 10 Sleep option disappears

sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Feb 25, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Sleep option disappears

1. Windows 10 Sleep option disappears - Similar Threads - Sleep option disappears

2. The sleep option has disappeared

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The sleep option has disappeared: The option of putting my desktop in sleep mode no longer shows up when I go to power options. I can hibernate it, but can't seem to restore the sleep option. Any suggestions?...
  3. The sleep option has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The sleep option has disappeared: The option of putting my desktop in sleep mode no longer shows up when I go to power options. I can hibernate it, but can't seem to restore the sleep option. Any suggestions?...
  4. Sleep Option Has Disappeared

Sleep Option Has Disappeared: After months of having the sleep option on my windows 11 PC, it has disappeared. I have tried everything I know in the troubleshooting guides to no avail. Specifically, I have followed the fixes in this article,...
  5. Sleep Option Has Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Option Has Disappeared: After months of having the sleep option on my windows 11 PC, it has disappeared. I have tried everything I know in the troubleshooting guides to no avail. Specifically, I have followed the fixes in this article,...
  6. Windows 10 Sleep option disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Sleep option disappears: Hello All, I have a dell laptop with windows 10 that lost its sleep option. I was able to enable it through local group policy but it disappeared after a few hours.When it is gone there are no options to enable it in the power settings.I have ran all applicable dell driver...
  7. Windows 10 Sleep option disappears

Windows 10 Sleep option disappears: Hello All, I have a dell laptop with windows 10 that lost its sleep option. I was able to enable it through local group policy but it disappeared after a few hours.When it is gone there are no options to enable it in the power settings.I have ran all applicable dell driver...
  8. The sleep option disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sleep option disappeared: Yesterday, while using my computer like I do every day, my screen went black while the computer "stayed on" the fans were running and the lights were on. I think either my connection was interrupted or my apps shut down, as I was told I went offline in the game I was playing...
  9. The sleep option disappeared

The sleep option disappeared: Yesterday, while using my computer like I do every day, my screen went black while the computer "stayed on" the fans were running and the lights were on. I think either my connection was interrupted or my apps shut down, as I was told I went offline in the game I was playing...
  10. The sleep option disappeared

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance