Windows 10: Windows 10, Sleep/Shutdown

Discus and support Windows 10, Sleep/Shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently changed from Windows 7, which I loved, to the evil Windows 10. Can anyone tell me how to put the system to sleep rather than shutdown. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dmw48AZ, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dmw48AZ Win User

Windows 10, Sleep/Shutdown

I recently changed from Windows 7, which I loved, to the evil Windows 10. Can anyone tell me how to put the system to sleep rather than shutdown. I do not see an option for sleep as with my Windows 7 version. If my new printer would work with Windows 7 I would change back in NY minute!! Thanks.

:)

dmw48AZ, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10 Shutdown and sleep, IE keeps hanging

Hi,

For us to better assist you with your shutdown, sleep and IE issues, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to resolve the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Windows 10 Shutdown and sleep, IE keeps hanging

Thank you for the information you've provided.

In the meantime, we suggest installing all available Windows updates.

Note: Windows Updates will include the latest hardware driver, security, and features installation.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Windows 10, Sleep/Shutdown

Windows 10 - PC locks up on Sleep/Shutdown

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve your issue:

Step 1: I suggest you to running troubleshooter for
    Power. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X key. 
    • Select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Power and click on next.
    • Follow the onscreen instruction.
    Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Click on Windows button and then go to
      Settings.
    • Click on Power and sleep Option.
    • Select Additional power settings.
    • From the left corner select Choose what the power button does.
    • Under power button settings when I press the power button select
      Shut Down.
    Step 3: I request you to follow these steps to make sure Network Adapter is not interfering with computer:

• Press Windows Key and
      X Key, select Device Manager.
    • Expand the Network Adapter, right click and select
      Properties.
    • Under the power management check the box which says “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
    • Press Ok.
    Step 4: Create a new power plan and check. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting
    these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10, Sleep/Shutdown

1. Windows 10, Sleep/Shutdown - Similar Threads - Sleep Shutdown

2. Why does my laptop no longer shutdown after an extended period of sleeping?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop no longer shutdown after an extended period of sleeping?: Good day.My ASUS laptop used to shut down after a specific period I don't know it exactly and i used to either leave the lid open or closed and it would shut down after being is sleep for too long. However now, it is not doing so and leaving my laptop on sleep overnight will...
  3. Why does my laptop no longer shutdown after an extended period of sleeping?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop no longer shutdown after an extended period of sleeping?: Good day.My ASUS laptop used to shut down after a specific period I don't know it exactly and i used to either leave the lid open or closed and it would shut down after being is sleep for too long. However now, it is not doing so and leaving my laptop on sleep overnight will...
  4. Main monitor turn on-off after deep sleep or shutdown more than hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Main monitor turn on-off after deep sleep or shutdown more than hour: Hello I have an issue with my set upRIghtnow I have dual monitor main is Asus Tuf vg27aq and samsung both are working fine but after I put it to sleep mode and leave it for 1 hour after I turn it on second monitor is starting fine but my main which is Asus tuf it will start...
  5. Main monitor turn on-off after deep sleep or shutdown more than hour

Main monitor turn on-off after deep sleep or shutdown more than hour: Hello I have an issue with my set upRIghtnow I have dual monitor main is Asus Tuf vg27aq and samsung both are working fine but after I put it to sleep mode and leave it for 1 hour after I turn it on second monitor is starting fine but my main which is Asus tuf it will start...
  6. Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the...: Hopefully the images attach properlyOccasionally when I start up, all of my desktop icons seem to reposition, almost as if I have a different resolution setting. They don't reposition as if I turned on Auto Arrange, they just spread out more and have a different spacing...
  7. Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the...

Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the...: Hopefully the images attach properlyOccasionally when I start up, all of my desktop icons seem to reposition, almost as if I have a different resolution setting. They don't reposition as if I turned on Auto Arrange, they just spread out more and have a different spacing...
  8. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep: I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 on this PC. It's a fairly old system, and I have had to buy a used motherboard to replace my last one. I did find a bent pin, but I bent it back, and I dont think it was anything that wasn't redundant. Everything worked fine...
  9. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep: I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 on this PC. It's a fairly old system, and I have had to buy a used motherboard to replace my last one. I did find a bent pin, but I bent it back, and I dont think it was anything that wasn't redundant. Everything worked fine...
  10. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware