Windows 10: Windows 10 Sleep timer resets to 5 minutes turn off display and 10 minutes sleep when...

Discus and support Windows 10 Sleep timer resets to 5 minutes turn off display and 10 minutes sleep when... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Every time the computer turns off the display, sleep timers reset to 5 minutes 10 minutes. Help pls?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Damstructions, May 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Sleep timer resets to 5 minutes turn off display and 10 minutes sleep when...

Every time the computer turns off the display, sleep timers reset to 5 minutes 10 minutes. Help pls?

:)

Damstructions, May 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Sleep Works But Only if 5 Minutes or Less

What about the Troubleshooting tutorial steps here:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-sl...

I've never seen at least one them not be successful.

I had suggested first to set Display at 0, Sleep at 1 minute and Hibernate at 2 minutes and then after each step sit back to observe. I have rarely had to work all the way through the list.

Absolute thoroughness is required when troubleshooting Sleep, skipping nothing and asking back if you need any help to complete a step. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step, so please do not skip any. If you need help performing any step
    I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, May 4, 2020
  3. kelrw.88 Win User
    Display and sleep timers

Does anyone know how to fix sleep timers in windows 10. My problem is the settings under my current power plan are set to turn off display after 30 minutes and to put PC to sleep after 1 hour. I am trying to change these settings to 10 minutes to turn
    off display and 30 minutes to go to sleep which is the default settings for the plan. I've tried resetting the plan settings to their default, but windows always reverts back to 30 minutes and 1 hour. I've tried changing the settings manually under the advance
    options but it always reverts back 30 minutes and 1 hour. The display will turn off at the time I set it to, but the PC will not go into sleep mode at my preferred settings and when I go back to the power plan and look at the settings it has reverted back
    to 30 minutes and 1 hour. This PC seems to think it knows what is best for me, but a machine doesn't rule the roost in my household. Is there a fix for this. Thanks R.K.

kelrw.88, May 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Sleep timer resets to 5 minutes turn off display and 10 minutes sleep when...

windows 10 sleep resets to 1 minute

every few days my desktop (Dell alienware, windows 10 pro, version 1803, os 17134.285) resets the power and sleep setting, "Sleep" to 1 minute. This is visible on the power & sleep panel (and the computer does sleep after a minute).

This is a serious problem because I often work connected to remote computers and when the computer sleeps, those connections are lost and take a long time to manually reset. This is the computer sleeping, not the monitor.

I've set this multiple times to 4 hours. I've set all power plans to 4 hours sleep. I've set the screensaver to 9999 minutes AND turned the screen saver off.

There is nothing unusual installed or configured on the machine.

What can cause the sleep timer to change?

joseffrisch, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Sleep timer resets to 5 minutes turn off display and 10 minutes sleep when...

1. Windows 10 Sleep timer resets to 5 minutes turn off display and 10 minutes sleep when... - Similar Threads - Sleep timer resets

2. Windows 11 Resetting Sleep Timer to 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Resetting Sleep Timer to 15 minutes: There is a very strange issue I am having with Windows. For some reason no matter what I do my sleep timer on my screen gets reset to 15 minutes if I go afk for awhile. I have no idea what causes it but it's infuriating. I don't want my pc to sleep ever unless I tell it to....
  3. Windows 11 Resetting Sleep Timer to 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Resetting Sleep Timer to 15 minutes: There is a very strange issue I am having with Windows. For some reason no matter what I do my sleep timer on my screen gets reset to 15 minutes if I go afk for awhile. I have no idea what causes it but it's infuriating. I don't want my pc to sleep ever unless I tell it to....
  4. Monitor turn off timer keeps resetting to 20 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor turn off timer keeps resetting to 20 minutes: After installing update KB5005033 my control panel setting for when the monitor turns off during inactivy keeps resetting to 20 minutes.This is one of the reasons i ususally uninstall Windows update competely, because i don't want some new "feature" or bug added to my already...
  5. Display Sleep Timer Always Reverts to 15 minutes

Display Sleep Timer Always Reverts to 15 minutes: The display sleep timer on my PC resets to 15 minutes after every reboot. I always have my monitors set to never sleep. I am the only user and administrator of this PC, I double check every time I start the PC that it is set to Never sleep and yet for some reason I cannot...
  6. Sleep timer keeps resetting to 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep timer keeps resetting to 30 minutes: The desktop PCs at my work need to be on constantly (I work in security and need the camera feed visible at all times) I keep trying to set the sleep timer to either 5 hours or never, but this seldom works and more often randomly resets to 30 minutes. Is there a way to...
  7. display sleeps after 2 minutes

display sleeps after 2 minutes: All hibernation and sleep settings set to NEVER Hard disc set to 360 minutes and still my display closes after 2 minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-sleeps-after-2-minutes/d3eb9eec-7064-4cf2-a7dd-6739cb877ffd
  8. Windows 10 - Sleep Works But Only if 5 Minutes or Less

Windows 10 - Sleep Works But Only if 5 Minutes or Less: As subject says. On Windows 10 (1909) sleep works reliably but only if configured at 5 minutes or less. Configure to 10 minutes will work, but rarely and very unreliably. I've tried pretty much everything, but something takes computer out of idle after approximately 5...
  9. Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes

Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes: So recently my computer has started to go to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity. I've looked everywhere and have tried everything but nothing seems to work. Here's a list of what I've tried. Running troubleshooting on power settings. Running regedit and going to...
  10. Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.: I created my own Power plan, and set "Turn off display:" to 5 minutes. I went away for half an hour, and when I came back, the display is still on. Any suggestions why this is not working? 100518