Windows 10: Windows 10 sleep turns into hibernate after a while

Discus and support Windows 10 sleep turns into hibernate after a while in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 sleep turns into hibernate after a while, is this healthy to do frequently?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by IbrahemAbdelghany, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 sleep turns into hibernate after a while

Windows 10 sleep turns into hibernate after a while, is this healthy to do frequently?

:)

IbrahemAbdelghany, Apr 12, 2020
  2. Louie Del Win User

Sleep,hibernate, and shutdown

Hi,

Usually, Sleep and Hibernate features are used to save power when using a computer. However, hibernate may not be available for all PCs as it was designed for laptops. Regarding your concern, since you’re trying to turn
    off or disable these features, you may follow the step below:

• To turn off Sleep:

Go to Settings > System > Power & sleep. Then, select
      Never from the drop-down list under the Sleep section.

Windows 10 sleep turns into hibernate after a while 584c0e8c-80cf-4e84-a18c-23b41220f8da?upload=true.png

• To disable Hibernate:
    • Type Command Prompt in the Search box from
      Start
    • Right-click on it, then select Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and press
      Enter. Close the window.

We’re just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Phillmont Win User
    Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Apr 12, 2020
  4. claylomax Win User

Windows 10 sleep turns into hibernate after a while

Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

I only get hibernate and allow wake timers not allow hybrid sleep.

claylomax, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 sleep turns into hibernate after a while

1. Windows 10 sleep turns into hibernate after a while - Similar Threads - sleep turns hibernate

2. Windows 10 Sleep/Hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Sleep/Hibernate: I turned off all the wake timers I'm able to and for whatever reason my PC still wakes itself sometimes just for a moment before going back to sleep, and other times back on completely. I don't know what to do. I just want it to stay asleep when I ask it too....
  3. Windows 10 Sleep/Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Sleep/Hibernate: I turned off all the wake timers I'm able to and for whatever reason my PC still wakes itself sometimes just for a moment before going back to sleep, and other times back on completely. I don't know what to do. I just want it to stay asleep when I ask it too....
  4. Windows 10 Sleep/Hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 sleep or hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 sleep or hibernation: I'm having a very unusual problem when Windows 10 wakes out of a sleep or hibernation on it's own due probably to an application. On the display I get a few exception and system errors on various apps trying to open like System Mechanic and Malwarebytes, etc. After responding...
  6. Windows 10 sleep or hibernation

Windows 10 sleep or hibernation: I'm having a very unusual problem when Windows 10 wakes out of a sleep or hibernation on it's own due probably to an application. On the display I get a few exception and system errors on various apps trying to open like System Mechanic and Malwarebytes, etc. After responding...
  7. My laptop turns off/hibernates while it's sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turns off/hibernates while it's sleeping: I have windows 11 and my problem is that my laptop turns off/hibernates while sleeping. I can't tell if it's hibernating or turned off. There is no "hibernate after" option in my advanced power options menu. What can I do to fix this?...
  8. My laptop turns off/hibernates while it's sleeping

My laptop turns off/hibernates while it's sleeping: I have windows 11 and my problem is that my laptop turns off/hibernates while sleeping. I can't tell if it's hibernating or turned off. There is no "hibernate after" option in my advanced power options menu. What can I do to fix this?...
  9. Problem while turning Windows on after sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem while turning Windows on after sleep.: Greetings,I am facing one problem. Whenever I boot windows, it works fine. But when I am trying to turn on windows 10 pc from sleep, it shows black screen. Which means I always have to press and hold the power button and force shut down and turn on which is not good. So is...
  10. Windows 10 turns on in sleep/hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 turns on in sleep/hibernate mode: Whether it's sleep mode or hibernate my laptop will turn itself back on and sit there and run until it times out and goes back to sleep. Sometimes it comes on for a few seconds and then turns off. Sometimes I'll come home and it is on and running. I've tried many different...