Windows 10: Windows 10 Sleep - WakeOnLan not functioning

Discus and support Windows 10 Sleep - WakeOnLan not functioning in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi guys, I've recently updated to Windows 10 build 1903, these are clean installs, not upgrades. I've tried everything you can throw at it, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gennessis Ocasio, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Sleep - WakeOnLan not functioning

Hi guys,

I've recently updated to Windows 10 build 1903, these are clean installs, not upgrades. I've tried everything you can throw at it, even throwing WOL registry keys. WOL does not work under sleep mode. Just in-case if it was the NIC, I used a USB into Ethernet adapter and the same problem occurs. WOL used to work on Windows 7. WOL works if I use an IP address instead of a Physical Address but that's not the solution here. I have wakeup.bat's associated by each computers as a shortcut with mac address inside Target: to wake up.

Windows 10 Enterprise Build 1903

Lenovo M900

Bio's

• ASMP Enabled
    • Tried both old and new BIO Version.

Intel 1219-LM (Various drivers installed from 2015 all the way to March 22 2019)

PowerManagement:

• Allow this device to turn on computer

Advance:

• PME Enabled
    • Wake on magic packet Enabled

Firewall Off/On

On:

• File sharing rule enabled

Off:

• Same problem

Power Options:

• PCI Link state OFF

:)

Gennessis Ocasio, Aug 9, 2019

2. Sleep function for windows 10

Hi Pamal,

In order to help you with your concern about the sleep function of your Windows 10, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What is the version and build of your Windows 10 PC? To get these information, please follow these steps:
    • Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type Settings and click it.
    • Click System.
    • Click About.
    • Check the Version and OS Build.
    • Is your Windows 10 up-to-date? If not, you may refer to this
      support link
      . You may also refer to this link to know the update history of Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Sleep - WakeOnLan not functioning

My computer does not work with sleep function after latest Windows 10 upgrade.

Hi Florence,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

From your description, I understand your Sleep function on the PC is not working properly after upgrading to Windows 10 operating system.

Before assisting further, i would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if the sleep settings are set appropriately?

• What happens when you perform Sleep function on the PC?

You may be facing the above issue due to change in the power settings from the
    Control panel page on the PC.

If you have not fiddled with the power settings, I suggest you to change the
    Power options from Control panel settings by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Power Options and select the top most search result.

• Select Change when the computer sleeps option from the left side panel of the window.

• Set the timing from the drop down bar under
      Turn off the display
      and Put the computer to sleep options on the window.

• Click on Save changes.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Sleep - WakeOnLan not functioning

1. Windows 10 Sleep - WakeOnLan not functioning - Similar Threads - Sleep WakeOnLan functioning

2. Windows Sleep Function

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Sleep Function: I have selected "sleep" after a certain period of inactivity. Though that is selected my screen goes to sleep for a short period of time then reappears, then goes to sleep again? This is repetitive ever 5 or so minutes??? Something is causing the screen to come out of...
  3. Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options

Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options: We have multiple computers with windows in the same room. See photo; Computer on the left does not have a sleep option, the computer on the right does. Left Computer is ALWAYS backlit. How do we fix this? [ATTACH]...
  4. Windows 10 and ALL functions associated with Windows 10 not functioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 and ALL functions associated with Windows 10 not functioning: After a failed Windows 10 update I cannot access ANY functions associated with windows. The start menu does not respond, I cannont type in the search bar and NONE of the icons in the system tray are responding. This is for an ASUS 10 inch windows tablet with a detachable...
  5. Windows 10 Defender not functioning?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Defender not functioning?: Hey my old antivirus expired and now i just want to use defender but it doesnt seem to be an option to turn it on. I uninstalled every other antivirus software completely and ran all sorts of checks for corrupted files and anything else that would cause defender to not work....
  6. Windows 10 Share Function

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Share Function: I am not able to share photos using the share function. Message shows up: Share - Something went wrong with Share. Try again later. Went on Windows community forum and received several options which I followed but it did not correct the problem. Then I created a new user...
  7. Search function windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Search function windows 10: I have a problem with the windows 10 search function. None of my epub files is found. file: epub no result, ext: epub no result, *.epub no result, Tried to change the app being used from calibre to edge no result Any suggestions, please. 91070
  8. Disable Hybrid Sleep function no longer working

Disable Hybrid Sleep function no longer working: Since the 19th when my computer installed the following updates Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3135173) Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package (KB3119142) Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for...
  9. ToolTips, Other Functionality, Disappears After Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    ToolTips, Other Functionality, Disappears After Sleep: I am new to Win 10, just purchased a Surface Pro 4 about two weeks ago. Not loving it. Several things that is driving me nuts: The ToolTips that appear when I hover my mouse over the system tray disappear The Surface Pen loses functionality: Clicking the eraser doesn't...
  10. Sleep Mode not fully functional after Windows 10 AU install.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode not fully functional after Windows 10 AU install.: I've just updated my one-year-old 64-bit (Gigabyte board / Intel i5 processor) Windows 10 system with the Anniversary Update. Everything seems to work OK (fortunately) apart from the Sleep Mode. I have an SSD for the Windows system disk / programs and a HDD for data storage....