Windows 10: Windows 10 Sleep - WakeOnLan not functioning

Discus and support Windows 10 Sleep - WakeOnLan not functioning in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi guys, I've recently updated to Windows 10 build 1903, these are clean installs, not upgrades. I've tried everything you can throw at it, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gennessis Ocasio, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Sleep - WakeOnLan not functioning

Hi guys,

I've recently updated to Windows 10 build 1903, these are clean installs, not upgrades. I've tried everything you can throw at it, even throwing WOL registry keys. WOL does not work under sleep mode. Just in-case if it was the NIC, I used a USB into Ethernet adapter and the same problem occurs. WOL used to work on Windows 7. WOL works if I use an IP address instead of a Physical Address but that's not the solution here. I have wakeup.bat's associated by each computers as a shortcut with mac address inside Target: to wake up.

Windows 10 Enterprise Build 1903

Lenovo M900

Bio's

• ASMP Enabled
    • Tried both old and new BIO Version.

Intel 1219-LM (Various drivers installed from 2015 all the way to March 22 2019)

PowerManagement:

• Allow this device to turn on computer

Advance:

• PME Enabled
    • Wake on magic packet Enabled

Firewall Off/On

On:

• File sharing rule enabled

Off:

• Same problem

Power Options:

• PCI Link state OFF

:)

Gennessis Ocasio, Aug 9, 2019

2. Sleep function for windows 10

Hi Pamal,

In order to help you with your concern about the sleep function of your Windows 10, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What is the version and build of your Windows 10 PC? To get these information, please follow these steps:
    • Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type Settings and click it.
    • Click System.
    • Click About.
    • Check the Version and OS Build.
    • Is your Windows 10 up-to-date? If not, you may refer to this
      support link
      . You may also refer to this link to know the update history of Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Sleep - WakeOnLan not functioning

My computer does not work with sleep function after latest Windows 10 upgrade.

Hi Florence,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

From your description, I understand your Sleep function on the PC is not working properly after upgrading to Windows 10 operating system.

Before assisting further, i would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if the sleep settings are set appropriately?

• What happens when you perform Sleep function on the PC?

You may be facing the above issue due to change in the power settings from the
    Control panel page on the PC.

If you have not fiddled with the power settings, I suggest you to change the
    Power options from Control panel settings by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Power Options and select the top most search result.

• Select Change when the computer sleeps option from the left side panel of the window.

• Set the timing from the drop down bar under
      Turn off the display
      and Put the computer to sleep options on the window.

• Click on Save changes.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Sleep - WakeOnLan not functioning

1. Windows 10 Sleep - WakeOnLan not functioning - Similar Threads - Sleep WakeOnLan functioning

2. What does the Sleep function do? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What does the Sleep function do? Windows 10: I have three commands on my laptop viz Restart, Shutdown and Sleep. After logging on each morning usually around 6am I leave my laptop on until 11pm usually. What does the Sleep command do and what would be the benefits if I used the Sleep command?...
  3. What does the Sleep function do? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does the Sleep function do? Windows 10: I have three commands on my laptop viz Restart, Shutdown and Sleep. After logging on each morning usually around 6am I leave my laptop on until 11pm usually. What does the Sleep command do and what would be the benefits if I used the Sleep command?...
  4. No sleep function in windows

No sleep function in windows: Hi all, I have recently reinstalled windows to the latest Windows 10 pro with all the update, I have a RTX 3090 with the latest drivers 466.27 updated 29/04/2021I have the up-to-date mother board drivers for my B550 Aorus Master for my Ryzen 3950X CPUI have followed all...
  5. Sleep function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep function: I recently updated with KB4601050,KB4023057,KB4580325. My sleep function was working perfect before the upgrading. Now even though the setting are the same in settings, the sleep function no longer works and the PC and displays are on constantly. Looking for how to fix...
  6. Sleep function: An issue

Sleep function: An issue: Hello, Today I put my pc to sleep and all was well. But, when I went to wake it up, I noticed that my fans were turning, but I was not receiving a post. My fix was hitting the reset switch on my chassis front panel. This defeats the purpose of the sleep function because it...
  7. PC randomly turns on from sleep - WakeOnLan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC randomly turns on from sleep - WakeOnLan: This has been happening for a couple years now. I have my PC hooked up to LAN, and it randomly turns on from sleep, sometimes it will stay in sleep for hours, and other times it turns on in middle of the night, sometimes right after I put the computer to sleep, and sometimes...
  8. wake/sleep function

wake/sleep function: since your latest updates wake/sleep function wont work. my pc hp desktop 2 years old was ok before. HP tech spent hours trying to sort it .but no joy. both the tabs are ticked in device manager for mouse and keyboard. It will sleep using function and f10, but cant wake it....
  9. Windows Sleep Function

Windows Sleep Function: I have selected "sleep" after a certain period of inactivity. Though that is selected my screen goes to sleep for a short period of time then reappears, then goes to sleep again? This is repetitive ever 5 or so minutes??? Something is causing the screen to come out of...
  10. Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options

Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options: We have multiple computers with windows in the same room. See photo; Computer on the left does not have a sleep option, the computer on the right does. Left Computer is ALWAYS backlit. How do we fix this? [ATTACH]...