Windows 10: Windows 10 - Sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 - Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am lead to believe that when I put my computer to sleep, the computer will draw a small amount of power from the wall for the RAM to store all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Nayan Lad, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Nayan Lad Win User

Windows 10 - Sleep

I am lead to believe that when I put my computer to sleep, the computer will draw a small amount of power from the wall for the RAM to store all the programs in use.

However, when I switch the mains off for a long period of time, while the computer is sleeping, and turn the mains back on, while switching the computer back on, the computer will work perfectly fine.

Can this be explained?

Some Specs;

Windows 10 Home N - version 1803 - build 17134.407

AMD R5 2400G

256GB SSD

8GB 3000MHz RAM

:)

Nayan Lad, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 - Sleep

Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

yes, it was already off.

its waking up one hour after it sleeps for about 2 minutes, then sleeping again. How the eff can i track what it does in that time if nothing shows in powerCFG or the event log?

Mussels, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Sleep

1. Windows 10 - Sleep - Similar Threads - Sleep

2. Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?: Hello, I had an embarrassing situation today when I was connected to remote desktop when Windows automatically went to sleep. This created a problem with logging in again and I had to solve it through another device. It works now, but the main thing is that it wouldn't have...
  3. Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?: Hello, I had an embarrassing situation today when I was connected to remote desktop when Windows automatically went to sleep. This created a problem with logging in again and I had to solve it through another device. It works now, but the main thing is that it wouldn't have...
  4. Window11 Taskbar disappeared when any window is maximized after screen and sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window11 Taskbar disappeared when any window is maximized after screen and sleep: I have an issue where the taskbar disappears when any window is maximized.The issue occurs when the screen turned back on, after screen has turned off by selecting screen and sleep optionThe taskbar operates normally before the power sleep mode activated.I didn't check auto...
  5. Window11 Taskbar disappeared when any window is maximized after screen and sleep

Window11 Taskbar disappeared when any window is maximized after screen and sleep: I have an issue where the taskbar disappears when any window is maximized.The issue occurs when the screen turned back on, after screen has turned off by selecting screen and sleep optionThe taskbar operates normally before the power sleep mode activated.I didn't check auto...
  6. Windows 11 64 bits professional sleep mode and adjust brightness issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 64 bits professional sleep mode and adjust brightness issues: After last update on Windows 11 64 bits professional I can not put on sleep mode the laptop nor adjust brightness.I have tried shutting down and re start the laptop without sucess...
  7. Windows 11 64 bits professional sleep mode and adjust brightness issues

Windows 11 64 bits professional sleep mode and adjust brightness issues: After last update on Windows 11 64 bits professional I can not put on sleep mode the laptop nor adjust brightness.I have tried shutting down and re start the laptop without sucess...
  8. Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode: I just got a BSOD shortly after waking my computer from sleep mode. I don't remember the exact error message, but it had to do with NTFS.sys. About a month ago I had another BSOD from the same situation, but I think it was a different file and error. Something about...
  9. Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode

Blue screen sometimes after waking from sleep mode: I just got a BSOD shortly after waking my computer from sleep mode. I don't remember the exact error message, but it had to do with NTFS.sys. About a month ago I had another BSOD from the same situation, but I think it was a different file and error. Something about...
  10. my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games

my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games: also to wake up the 2nd monitor i have to go to display and click anything and then revert after i closed the gamethis just happened yesterday...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 version 1809 cant wake up after sleep

2. windows10sleep

3. vostro 3670 wont wake after sleep. no min itor

4. wont sleep after rdp 1803 17134.407