Windows 10: Windows 10 Sleeping Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Sleeping Issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Thank you for a great forum. After upgrading to Windows 10, although I like the operating system, it seems to have a lot more little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mswin10, Oct 17, 2015.

1. mswin10 Win User

Windows 10 Sleeping Issues

Hello everyone,

Thank you for a great forum. After upgrading to Windows 10, although I like the operating system, it seems to have a lot more little issues than when I had previous versions.

My main problem at the moment is that when I try to put the pc to sleep, sometimes it goes to sleep fine, but majority of times it gets stuck on the soft-blue screen with an animating circle, which I can come out of by pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE which brings me back to my desktop.

I've checked the usual culprits such as POWER OPTIONS, Network card/Media WOL settings,

I've even tried the command powercfg -requests to see if anything is preventing windows in going to sleep, but can't find anything.

:)

mswin10, Oct 17, 2015

2. Windows 10 'Sleeping' Issues

Hi Shelly,

This happens due to several factors. One of which is that the Keyboard item in Control Panel is not configured to wake the computer when you press a key on the keyboard or click on the mouse.

Keep in mind that when you use a Microsoft mouse or keyboard that is listed in the
    “Applies to” section, you may experience one of the following:

• Unable to wake the computer from sleep or standby mode by using your mouse or keyboard.
    • After you wake your computer from standby, your pointing device not work.
    • When you press the sleep key on a keyboard that has a sleep key or has a key that is configured to active sleep, the computer does not go into sleep mode.

What we can do is to isolate the issue and re-configure the correct settings on your PC. Kindly follow the steps and methods listed on this
    article.

For your future reference, you may refer on the helpful article/threads below related to your concern:

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Barbara Cue, Oct 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10 'Sleeping' Issues

so, my computer has always been like this. I cannot wake it up via mouse or keyboard; and my keyboard does not have a sleep button. I always have to 'wake' it up via power button on my computer desktop. while this all saves
    my progress on things and leaves everything the way it is when i get back on and type in my password, it disconnects me from the servers on the games I play. for a little bit I could wake my computer up via mouse/keyboard, but now I cant (like how it used
    to be for me) and I haven't changed ANYTHING in my windows settings in that period of time, and of course I looked it up before I posted this on here; I tried changing multiple things in control panel and it still wouldn't work... i'd like help asap because
    this is getting frustrating as heck for me. any help is appreciated, thanks.

ShellyWong, Oct 17, 2015
  4. digzelot Win User

digzelot, Oct 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Sleeping Issues - Similar Threads - Sleeping Issues

2. Intermittent Issue | Sleep Mode Freezing PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent Issue | Sleep Mode Freezing PC: Hi all! I've been having this issue since updating to Version 1903. Entering sleep mode sometimes causes the pc to hang. A few times when this happens the fans start running at full blast. I tried all the following: - Updating BIOS; - Updating Graphics Driver; - Turning...
  3. sleep and power issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep and power issue: I have a Lenovo PC with the latest version of Windows 10 and a HPw17e monitor. Monitor will not wake from sleep. PC is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but it goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but I have to do a hard reboot...
  4. Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues

Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues: My Surface Pro 5 will not sleep, nor will the display turn off, automatically, though I can do both manually. I have checked and adjusted the power and sleep settings and confirmed that the device should sleeping, and that its display should be turned off, after a short...
  5. Sleep mode issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sleep mode issue: Recently I have noticed that after I have put my pc into sleep, it's waking up on it's own... It's kind of weird problem for me! Another problem is that I am seeing a box on the sound bar and performance bar on battery section on the taskbar.. Why I am seeing those issues?...
  6. Clear my issue of shutdown by mistake and I want to sleep also while install updating...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clear my issue of shutdown by mistake and I want to sleep also while install updating...: Restarting/shutting down in the middle of an update installation may cause serious damage to the PC. I was doing a update of my laptop but I want to sleep that's why I was shutdown my PC in middle of install of what we updating that's any kind of harm will their on. PC...
  7. Sleeping issues and fast startup

Sleeping issues and fast startup: Hello. I have a problem that drives me nuts with my laptop. Here is the thing: About 3 weeks ago, Malwarebytes and a 4G dongle driver begins to not load at startup with the fast startup enable in power settings in windows 10. I made some rechearch in some foruns and i...
  8. Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode

Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode: When I boot my computer out of sleep my monitor doesn't come back on until I cut the power bar power off and then back on. I have windows 10 version 1803 and 17134.829 build. I recently installed a new network adaptor. ***Original title: monitor dosen't come up after...
  9. Sleep not working since 1903 update. Support said that it was an issues with update. Has...

Sleep not working since 1903 update. Support said that it was an issues with update. Has...: Has the glitch with 1903 been resolved? MS support analyzed my system and determined that it was an issue with 1903. I was told that this was a recurring glitch effecting many other users and was advised a rollback until the issue was resolved....
  10. sleep/hibernation issues after upgrade to 1903 (Windows 10)

sleep/hibernation issues after upgrade to 1903 (Windows 10): Hello, After the windows 10 pro 1903 update in May I am having issues when my dell e7250 system goes to deep sleep. System: E7250 Intel HD Graphics 5500 Docking Station Dell 2405FPW I have an external monitor connected to the system through a dell docking station....