Windows 10: Windows 10 Sleeping Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Sleeping Issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Thank you for a great forum. After upgrading to Windows 10, although I like the operating system, it seems to have a lot more little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mswin10, Oct 17, 2015.

1. mswin10 Win User

Windows 10 Sleeping Issues

Hello everyone,

Thank you for a great forum. After upgrading to Windows 10, although I like the operating system, it seems to have a lot more little issues than when I had previous versions.

My main problem at the moment is that when I try to put the pc to sleep, sometimes it goes to sleep fine, but majority of times it gets stuck on the soft-blue screen with an animating circle, which I can come out of by pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE which brings me back to my desktop.

I've checked the usual culprits such as POWER OPTIONS, Network card/Media WOL settings,

I've even tried the command powercfg -requests to see if anything is preventing windows in going to sleep, but can't find anything.

:)

mswin10, Oct 17, 2015

2. Windows 10 'Sleeping' Issues

Hi Shelly,

This happens due to several factors. One of which is that the Keyboard item in Control Panel is not configured to wake the computer when you press a key on the keyboard or click on the mouse.

Keep in mind that when you use a Microsoft mouse or keyboard that is listed in the
    “Applies to” section, you may experience one of the following:

• Unable to wake the computer from sleep or standby mode by using your mouse or keyboard.
    • After you wake your computer from standby, your pointing device not work.
    • When you press the sleep key on a keyboard that has a sleep key or has a key that is configured to active sleep, the computer does not go into sleep mode.

What we can do is to isolate the issue and re-configure the correct settings on your PC. Kindly follow the steps and methods listed on this
    article.

For your future reference, you may refer on the helpful article/threads below related to your concern:

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Barbara Cue, Oct 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10 'Sleeping' Issues

so, my computer has always been like this. I cannot wake it up via mouse or keyboard; and my keyboard does not have a sleep button. I always have to 'wake' it up via power button on my computer desktop. while this all saves
    my progress on things and leaves everything the way it is when i get back on and type in my password, it disconnects me from the servers on the games I play. for a little bit I could wake my computer up via mouse/keyboard, but now I cant (like how it used
    to be for me) and I haven't changed ANYTHING in my windows settings in that period of time, and of course I looked it up before I posted this on here; I tried changing multiple things in control panel and it still wouldn't work... i'd like help asap because
    this is getting frustrating as heck for me. any help is appreciated, thanks.

ShellyWong, Oct 17, 2015
  4. digzelot Win User

digzelot, Oct 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Sleeping Issues - Similar Threads - Sleeping Issues

2. Windows 11 64 bits professional sleep mode and adjust brightness issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 64 bits professional sleep mode and adjust brightness issues: After last update on Windows 11 64 bits professional I can not put on sleep mode the laptop nor adjust brightness.I have tried shutting down and re start the laptop without sucess...
  3. Windows 11 64 bits professional sleep mode and adjust brightness issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 64 bits professional sleep mode and adjust brightness issues: After last update on Windows 11 64 bits professional I can not put on sleep mode the laptop nor adjust brightness.I have tried shutting down and re start the laptop without sucess...
  4. Laptop Sleep Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Sleep Issue: Hi. I have to following issue: Sometimes, after my laptop goes into sleep mode and I try to wake it up to continue working, it freezes – The screen becomes all dark and it does not respond so that I am forced to restart my computer. How can I fix that?My laptop specs are:...
  5. Laptop Sleep Issue

Laptop Sleep Issue: Hi. I have to following issue: Sometimes, after my laptop goes into sleep mode and I try to wake it up to continue working, it freezes – The screen becomes all dark and it does not respond so that I am forced to restart my computer. How can I fix that?My laptop specs are:...
  6. BSOD sometimes but random restart with ntoskrnl.exe+d1d340 along with sleep/wake issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD sometimes but random restart with ntoskrnl.exe+d1d340 along with sleep/wake issues: I tried to wake up my system but for some reason I got a black screen then the system randomly rebooted and I lost all my work. My system also sometimes has random issues where the system will fail to wake up from sleep and see a pulsating power LED.Laptop is Lenovo Thinkpad...
  7. BSOD sometimes but random restart with ntoskrnl.exe+d1d340 along with sleep/wake issues

BSOD sometimes but random restart with ntoskrnl.exe+d1d340 along with sleep/wake issues: I tried to wake up my system but for some reason I got a black screen then the system randomly rebooted and I lost all my work. My system also sometimes has random issues where the system will fail to wake up from sleep and see a pulsating power LED.Laptop is Lenovo Thinkpad...
  8. Fix for "Microsoft wireless mouse not letting my computer go to sleep" issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix for "Microsoft wireless mouse not letting my computer go to sleep" issue: I was having the same issue as many people seem to, where a Microsoft Wireless mouse just refuses to allow a computer to go to sleep mode, even after disabling the "allow this device to wake the computer from sleep" function.After some fiddling, I finally figured out the...
  9. Restart and Sleep issues

Restart and Sleep issues: Hello, I have just installed the latest update of windows 11 just couple of days back....ever since my laptop has started encountering display when issues that the display doesn't gets on when laptop put to sleep...it wakes up but doesn't shows the display and same is the...
  10. Fix for "Microsoft wireless mouse not letting my computer go to sleep" issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fix for "Microsoft wireless mouse not letting my computer go to sleep" issue: I was having the same issue as many people seem to, where a Microsoft Wireless mouse just refuses to allow a computer to go to sleep mode, even after disabling the "allow this device to wake the computer from sleep" function.After some fiddling, I finally figured out the...