Windows 10: Windows 10 Sleeps After Selects Shut Down

Discus and support Windows 10 Sleeps After Selects Shut Down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Greetings! After I reinstalled Windows 10, I realized that when ever I select shut down in the start menu, its goes to deep sleep instead shutting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CuriousJustin, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Sleeps After Selects Shut Down

Greetings!

After I reinstalled Windows 10, I realized that when ever I select shut down in the start menu, its goes to deep sleep instead shutting down. What caused this? How can I fix it? Also, I realized whenever I close the lid, for a while, it goes into deep sleep, meaning that I have to press the power button enable for it to startup, but the applications are still there. In what ways can this problem be solved?

Windows Version: Windows 10 20H2

Regards.

:)

CuriousJustin, Feb 3, 2021

2. SHUT DOWN / SLEEP FUNCTIONS NOT WORKING

Hi Mo,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. I will do my best to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the laptop?
    • When you say ‘’trying 4 options to enable a shut down’’ which option do you exactly refer to? Are you using any third party software to shut down the computer?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps on sleep mode issue and check if this helps in resolving the issue.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 won't sleep, shut down in place of sleep

Hello Tim,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with sleep issue in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

This issue could have o cured due to incorrect settings or corrupted power settings on your system. We suggest you to follow the suggestions from the link below and check if it works:

Windows 10 - Desktop PC shuts down by itself while in "sleep" after an hour or so....

For further reference check the steps provided in the link:

Shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC

Let us know the results. we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Sleeps After Selects Shut Down

Win 10 - constantly shutting down into sleep mode every 64 minutes even when in active use!

Hi Steve,

• Did you check by setting sleep mode option to never?

If not, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Sleeps After Selects Shut Down

1. Windows 10 Sleeps After Selects Shut Down - Similar Threads - Sleeps Selects Shut

2. pc shuts down after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc shuts down after sleep: the pc shuts down when i wake it from sleep mode, that issue happened last months i geuss but i restarted it and it was solved but now it happened again and i need to slove it so i hope someone help me....
  3. pc shuts down after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc shuts down after sleep: the pc shuts down when i wake it from sleep mode, that issue happened last months i geuss but i restarted it and it was solved but now it happened again and i need to slove it so i hope someone help me....
  4. pc shuts down after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Shut Down/Reboot After Going to Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shut Down/Reboot After Going to Sleep: Hi,When my computer goes to sleep it seems to reboot or restart.So when I wake it up and sign in, everything I was working on is gone. My browser has shut down, my documents, everything. My browser says that it didn't shut down properly during restart but I never restarted my...
  6. Windows 10 shutting down after selecting it from the grub menu

Windows 10 shutting down after selecting it from the grub menu: I am a 16 year old Linux user Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS, and I have been for the past 2 years. I have been dual booting from my MSI laptop GS63VR Stealth I don't know how it exactly happened, But I just went I to boot up my computer and selected the windows 10 option like usual,...
  7. Windows 10 is shutting down after some time in sleep mode.

Windows 10 is shutting down after some time in sleep mode.: Sometimes, I put my laptop in sleep for a break. If I come back quickly enough, it turns on again and I can continue my work. But if I leave it for long enough, when I open my laptop, I find that it has been shut down and is now booting up. I can't quite say after how much...
  8. Screen flipping after sleep or shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen flipping after sleep or shut down: Every time my Surface Go is turned back on, it flips the screen from landscape to flipped portrait. While it's not a huge hassle to reset it, I'd like to able to go into a meeting without having to reset my computer screen every time. I've tried the screen rotation lock but...
  9. Windows 10 Shutting down after sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Shutting down after sleep/hibernation: Hi As far as I can tell, after sleep/hibernation (being left for a long period, usually overnight), I come back ro my PC to find that it has completely shutdown. It is encrypted with a bitlocker password so I suppose if an update is applied overnight then this would be the...
  10. Sleep and Shut Down

Sleep and Shut Down: Using Windows 10. After last update, when I put my computer to sleep and then close the lid, it shuts itself down. Power settings are all as before the update.....I selected the option to have the computer go to sleep when the lid is closed. Anyone else having this...