Windows 10: Windows 10 Sleeps nearly Instantly

Discus and support Windows 10 Sleeps nearly Instantly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How do I change settings to make my computer stop going into sleep nearly instantly? It's becoming a real issue, I can turn around to answer the phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JasonBollhoefner, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Sleeps nearly Instantly

How do I change settings to make my computer stop going into sleep nearly instantly? It's becoming a real issue, I can turn around to answer the phone and it goes into sleep mode, screens turn off. Please help!!

:)

JasonBollhoefner, Apr 2, 2020

2. Problems with Instantly Resuming from Sleep

Ok, I have a problem that (AFAIK) no one else on any of the forums (and forum sites) I have visited seem to having. As per the title, I am sure you can see that it is related to my laptop going to sleep.

The Problem:

My Dell XPS 15 (9550) seems to go to sleep properly whenever I
    • Press the power button
    • Close the lid
    • Or use the sleep function in the standard start menu
    This means that whatever is on the screen fades away until all I have left is a black screen and the power button stops glowing. However, when I try to "wake it from sleep", the screen will stay black for about 4-6 seconds, and then give me the dell POST loading screen as if it is starting up from
    • Shutting down
    • Hibernating
    • Hybrid Sleep
    As a result, when I first encountered this problem, I tried to check if it really was hibernating (or going into hybrid sleep) instead of standard "sleeping", because that is what it looks like. So, I left some file explorer tabs open and a Microsoft edge window open and put it to "sleep". The open windows (file explorer and Microsoft edge) did not load up after the computer was back in a useable state (after the dell POST screen). This leads me to believe that the computer is not going into hybrid sleep or hibernate when I put it to sleep, but is doing an action that is more similar to the shut down function.

This is what the screen looks like when I "wake" it from sleep (also known as the dell POST screen)

Windows 10 Sleeps nearly Instantly [​IMG]

Resolutions I have tried:

• Resetting my power plan to its default settings in windows 10
    • Disabling and re enabling hibernate/hybrid sleep (via CMD)
    • Reinstalling Windows 10 (Fresh - latest version)
    • Updating Device Drivers (both windows update and device manager)
    • Resetting all BIOS settings to factory defaults

My System Specs:

• Intel Core i7 6700hq
    • 16 GB DDR4 2133mhz RAM
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 960m
    • 256 GB Samsung PM951 NVME SSD (this is the stock SSD that came with my XPS 15 9550)
    • 4k (3840x2160) "Infinity - Edge" Screen

I appreciate all the help I can get on this topic, so thank you in advance.
    (Ps. this is my first "complaint - oriented" forum post

ProGamer2099, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Sleeps nearly Instantly

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Sleeps nearly Instantly

1. Windows 10 Sleeps nearly Instantly - Similar Threads - Sleeps nearly Instantly

2. Settings Windows 10 closes instantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings Windows 10 closes instantly: I just restarted my pc and set up a new account. Now when I try to open settings it just closes instantly. I cant make a new account, that dosent work, help me please...
  3. Windows 10 laptop and desktop instantly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 laptop and desktop instantly waking from sleep: My Windows 10 laptop Dell G3 3590 running Windows 10 Home and my desktop Dell OptiPlex 745 running Windows 10 Pro both always instantly wake up from sleep when I tell them to go to sleep. I see that others are having this problem and I have already tried running the power...
  4. Windows 10 Settings Instantly Crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings Instantly Crashes: Hello. So long story short, my new gaming laptop arrived this morning. First thing I did once powering up was install windows updates. It installed a long list of updates and asked to restart like normal. When it booted back up I tried to check if there were any more...
  5. Windows 10 PC instantly, and somewhat inexplicably, wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 PC instantly, and somewhat inexplicably, wakes up from sleep: submitted by /u/pazzed [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fyv4jr/windows_10_pc_instantly_and_somewhat_inexplicably/
  6. Windows 10 issues: Text input lockup, near instant dns disconnects

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 issues: Text input lockup, near instant dns disconnects: Recently i have been busy, so i haven't a clue which day this started happening but i noted yesterday evening that my laptop had lost its internet connection despite being connected same to the wireless router i was using to browse the internet with my cellphone. So i ran...
  7. Windows 10 Instant Search Calculator

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Instant Search Calculator: Upgraded from 1803 to 1903 I think, and I did some tweaking around the settings so it would be optimized for the gaming experience, but I can't remember what I changed and disabled some of the functions which I wanted to use now but I can't as I don't remember what I changed....
  8. Windows 10 pc waking up from sleep instantly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 pc waking up from sleep instantly: Hello, My PC keeps waking up almost instantly every time I put it to sleep. The wake source is listed below. Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path:...
  9. Problems with Instantly Resuming from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Instantly Resuming from Sleep: Ok, I have a problem that (AFAIK) no one else on any of the forums (and forum sites) I have visited seem to having. As per the title, I am sure you can see that it is related to my laptop going to sleep. The Problem: My Dell XPS 15 (9550) seems to go to sleep properly...
  10. Computer suddenly wakes instantly from sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer suddenly wakes instantly from sleep?: I'm soo frustrated! Days of tweaking and I'm almost done and run into an issue like this. I put the pc to sleep and it turns back on instantly. I've narrowed it down to my Ethernet/lan but the thing is - it's always worked before. Now if I disable the Ethernet...