Windows 10: Windows 10 Slideshow - is there a limit to how many pictures it cycles through?

Discus and support Windows 10 Slideshow - is there a limit to how many pictures it cycles through? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use the Windows Slideshow on my lock screen and I was wondering if there was an upper limit to how many pictures it uses to cycle through. I take a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlphaJoe, Aug 16, 2020.

1. AlphaJoe Win User

Windows 10 Slideshow - is there a limit to how many pictures it cycles through?

I use the Windows Slideshow on my lock screen and I was wondering if there was an upper limit to how many pictures it uses to cycle through. I take a lot of images and they are all stored in my Pictures folder. When my slide show runs, it never seems to pull any of the more recent photos I have put in the folder. I see lots of repeats of the older stuff, but nothing recent. Is there an upper limit to how many images it uses in its pool to cycle through? I am wondering if it is indexing X number of images sorted by date and stopping.

:)

AlphaJoe, Aug 16, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Pictures as wallpaper

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for the time settings of pictures.

• Press Windows+X and go to control panel.
    • Click on personalization.
    • Then go to background option.
    • Under background tab select slideshow option.
    • Then you can choose the time limit accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 16, 2020
  4. JFB-Cinci Win User

Slideshow in File Explorer Picture Folder

What is so difficult, IN WINDDOWS 10, about slideshow working correctly? If you open an individual picture and click the slideshow icon, the system should use that picture as the first of the slideshow and then proceed to display ALL of the pictures in that
    folder, continuing to cycle through until stopped. WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT THIS???

Microsoft, is this a waste of our time or do you listen to your users?

JFB-Cinci, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Slideshow - is there a limit to how many pictures it cycles through? - Similar Threads - Slideshow limit many

2. How many Images are displayed on the lockscreen slideshow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many Images are displayed on the lockscreen slideshow?: OS-Windows 10 ProSelf Preference, Not issue-How many images do the windows lock screen slideshow display?I have noticed only some photos being displayed.Not Shuffle- shuffle goes through some pics-I wanted to know how many pics it goes throughI want to narrow down pics to...
  3. How many Images are displayed on the lockscreen slideshow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How many Images are displayed on the lockscreen slideshow?: OS-Windows 10 ProSelf Preference, Not issue-How many images do the windows lock screen slideshow display?I have noticed only some photos being displayed.Not Shuffle- shuffle goes through some pics-I wanted to know how many pics it goes throughI want to narrow down pics to...
  4. How many Images are displayed on the lockscreen slideshow?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. SLIDESHOW PICTURES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SLIDESHOW PICTURES: HI THERE I AM USING WINDOWS 10 SLIDESHOW AS MY BACKROUND. ID LIKE TO KNOW A PATH OF WHERE I COULD VIEW THESE PICTURES AS ID LIKE TO DOWNLOAD A FEW. IS THERE A MICROSOFT/WINDOWS GALLERY? IF SO PLEASE SHARE A LINK OR PATH OF VIEWING THESE PICTURES. THANKING YOU...
  6. How to limit use of OneDrive to pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to limit use of OneDrive to pictures: Can someone help me configure One Drive to only accept pictures transferred through a USB cable from my cellphone and to share all the pictures with my Android cellphone, iPad and Windows 10 PCs and anyone else I specify? 168180
  7. How to shorten time of per picture in slideshow?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to shorten time of per picture in slideshow?: Windows 10, latest update. One minute/picture is too long for my computer's Personalized slideshow. Would like to shorten each picture's showing to 30sec. How? Thanks 166252
  8. Windows Slideshow, is there a max number of images it cycles through?

Windows Slideshow, is there a max number of images it cycles through?: I have the windows slideshow that activates when my machine is locked. Is there a maximum number of images that it uses to cycle through? I have it pointing to my pictures folder, but it only seems to ever use stuff from several years ago, never anything new. I have a lot...
  9. Windows Slideshow, is there a max number of images it cycles through?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Slideshow, is there a max number of images it cycles through?: I have the windows slideshow that activates when my machine is locked. Is there a maximum number of images that it uses to cycle through? I have it pointing to my pictures folder, but it only seems to ever use stuff from several years ago, never anything new. I have a lot...
  10. Windows 10: Automatically cycle through themes?

Windows 10: Automatically cycle through themes?: Is there a way to have Win10 automatically cycle through the themes? I really like the pictures in a good number of the country-specific themes and would like win10 to just cycle through the themes automatically instead of me switching them every few days. Any script...