Windows 10: Windows 10 slideshow stops changing pictures after sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 slideshow stops changing pictures after sleep in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After computer startup, the slideshow works fine, and changes the pictures every x minutes. However, when it wakes from sleep, the picture no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by msuth, Mar 7, 2019.

1. msuth Win User

Windows 10 slideshow stops changing pictures after sleep

After computer startup, the slideshow works fine, and changes the pictures every x minutes. However, when it wakes from sleep, the picture no longer changes -- the picture that was displayed when it was put to sleep now displays forever.

Windows 10 Build 1809 with all updates.

Desktop

:)

msuth, Mar 7, 2019
  2. C.R.Akita Win User

background slideshow changes to picture after waking from sleep

I have several PCs running up-to-date Windows 10. On each, I have a designated folder with pictures I want for the background slideshow. On every PC, background changes to a picture from the desktop background list when the PC wakes up from sleep. This
    is very annoying. Is there a workaround to this behavior?

C.R.Akita, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Askew Win User
    Background switches from Slideshow to Picture

Hey Everyone,

I upgraded my computer (Desktop PC) from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 RTM and while everything works good, I have an issue with my background settings.

I have a folder on a local drive that has all of the pictures that I want in my slide show, and it works fine for a while, but eventually later when I return to my computer, it seems Windows 10 disables slideshow and changes back to 'picture'. I have to manually change it back to slideshow and it works again for some time until it disables again.

I looked at my power settings and nothing in there shows to disable the slideshow on battery (I do have a UPC though) and have tried deleting all of my themes and creating a new one.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

p.s. I am using a microsoft account and I leave my computer running all the time (never going to sleep).

Askew, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 slideshow stops changing pictures after sleep

Desktop Slideshow Stops Working

I've been experiencing an issue where the desktop setting will change itself from slideshow to picture. I go back and change it again to slideshow and it will work for a couple of days, but always switches itself back to picture and stops on whatever photo
    was on when it happened.

I'm using Windows 10 on a desktop. The photos are on a local SSD drive. Power settings are set to never put the computer to sleep, etc. Advanced power settings are set to have it available both when plugged in and on battery (even though it's a desktop).

I'm really stumped.

FunkHouse9, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 slideshow stops changing pictures after sleep

1. Windows 10 slideshow stops changing pictures after sleep - Similar Threads - slideshow stops changing

2. Windows 10 Background slideshow changes to picture at every restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Background slideshow changes to picture at every restart: Hi. Like many others I have had this problem for a couple of years and have tried virtually every suggestion to fix it.I have a folder with about 500 pictures in %USER%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes. which is where the registry points to. There are also...
  3. Windows 10 Background slideshow changes to picture at every restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Background slideshow changes to picture at every restart: Hi. Like many others I have had this problem for a couple of years and have tried virtually every suggestion to fix it.I have a folder with about 500 pictures in %USER%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes. which is where the registry points to. There are also...
  4. Windows 10 Background slideshow changes to picture at every restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows go into sleep after slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows go into sleep after slideshow: Hi,I realized today that slideshow is working again on my Windows 11 laptop since then it was saying that I had no image to show, except that it is a 3000+ images folder. My pc boot, I got the one image I choose as lockscreen, and then after the slideshow begins first new...
  6. Windows go into sleep after slideshow

Windows go into sleep after slideshow: Hi,I realized today that slideshow is working again on my Windows 11 laptop since then it was saying that I had no image to show, except that it is a 3000+ images folder. My pc boot, I got the one image I choose as lockscreen, and then after the slideshow begins first new...
  7. SLIDESHOW PICTURES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SLIDESHOW PICTURES: HI THERE I AM USING WINDOWS 10 SLIDESHOW AS MY BACKROUND. ID LIKE TO KNOW A PATH OF WHERE I COULD VIEW THESE PICTURES AS ID LIKE TO DOWNLOAD A FEW. IS THERE A MICROSOFT/WINDOWS GALLERY? IF SO PLEASE SHARE A LINK OR PATH OF VIEWING THESE PICTURES. THANKING YOU...
  8. Possible to change picture delay in lockscreen slideshow?

Possible to change picture delay in lockscreen slideshow?: My Problem I want to change picture delay in slideshow on lock screen. There is 10-15 second in default delay time for change picture, but i want to change it to 5-10 minutes. I tried 1 I watched in personalization > lock screen > additional slideshow parameters, but not...
  9. Slideshow always changes to picture

Slideshow always changes to picture: hey guys, i already posted this (here?), and in Windows Feedback, no reply or solution. One of my 4 computer with a slideshow of pictures always gets changed to picture and then it is a BING-PICTURE. All i need is the right setting in REGEDIT and maybe this can be...
  10. Facebook pictures auto-slideshow, can't stop it

Facebook pictures auto-slideshow, can't stop it: If I open up a picture in Facebook, the picture will continually switch between theater mode and normal version, of the same picture, non-stop, about as fast as it can switch. This happens with Chrome, not Firefox or IE or Edge 34707