Windows 10: Windows 10 Slow and Fast-booting 50/50

Discus and support Windows 10 Slow and Fast-booting 50/50 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This has been going on for a few months now. Sometimes when I power on the PC, Windows would take about 15 minutes to boot up. Other times it takes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Hotsuma, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Hotsuma Win User

Windows 10 Slow and Fast-booting 50/50

This has been going on for a few months now. Sometimes when I power on the PC, Windows would take about 15 minutes to boot up. Other times it takes less than a minute. There's a 50/50 chance of it doing this. I've no idea why it just doesn't fast boot every single time. This is an old computer but it's pretty quick when it comes to work and web surfing. This is by no means a gaming PC. Is there a way to make it fast boot every single time? Here are the specs:

ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo Motherboard
    Corsair 750 Watt Power Supply
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Processor 2.83GHz
    4 GB RAM
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 555

:)

Hotsuma, Mar 21, 2019
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Windows update stlled at 50%

Windows update will not complete in windows 10, stalled at 50%. Any suggestions that I could handle myself?

robbiep444, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Slow and Fast-booting 50/50

Sage 50 Accounts on Windows 10 HP Laptop

Hello Rosie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you facing this issue only with the Sage 50 application or any other application?
    • Did you check if the issue persists in Safe Mode
      ? (If the application runs in Safe mode)
    • Did you try reinstalling the Sage 50 application and check if the issue resolves?
    I suggest you to reinstall the application by uninstalling and restarting the machine and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Programs and Features.
    • Select the Sage 50 app and click Uninstall.
    • Restart the machine and reinstall the app and check
      if the issue persists.
    Please post to us with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Slow and Fast-booting 50/50

1. Windows 10 Slow and Fast-booting 50/50 - Similar Threads - Slow Fast booting

2. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50: Hi All,Can anyone shed any light on this BSOD message "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50"See link to minidump here: MiniDumpPAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50 Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except. Typically the address is just plain bad or it...
  3. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50: Hi All,Can anyone shed any light on this BSOD message "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50"See link to minidump here: MiniDumpPAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50 Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except. Typically the address is just plain bad or it...
  4. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50: 1: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50Invalid system memory was referenced. This...
  6. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50: Just got a BSOD error involving a module named ntwas wondering if i could get any technical advise on how to resolve it.This is the WinDbg outline i gotMicrosoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading...
  7. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50: Just got a BSOD error involving a module named ntwas wondering if i could get any technical advise on how to resolve it.This is the WinDbg outline i gotMicrosoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading...
  8. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Ram at 50%

Ram at 50%: Hello everyone i have this problem where my ram is always at 50% above and i jist reformatted my laptop a while ago i have no apps or games but the ram is already at 50% above what should i do? My specs are ryzen 3 3200U 4gb ram...
  10. error: 50

error: 50: there was a problem with my windows 10 and was not able to use it so i did shift+restart -> troubleshoot-> command prompt and first did the scanning sfc /scannow of drive c where my os is. it completed and showed windows resource protection found corrupt files but was...