Windows 10: Windows 10 slow and freezing up

Discus and support Windows 10 slow and freezing up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why is Windows 10 freezing up and running abnormally slow recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lmstater, Sep 8, 2018.

1. lmstater Win User

Windows 10 slow and freezing up

Why is Windows 10 freezing up and running abnormally slow recently

:)

lmstater, Sep 8, 2018

2. Windows 10 slow and freezes

Hi,

Corrupted hard drive, too many backgrounds programs, outdated drivers, hardware conflicts, etc. are some of the reasons why a Windows computer is running slow and freezing. To isolate the issue, we'd like to know if you have made any recent changes on your
    device (e.g. installation of a software or program) before the issue started.

In the meantime, we suggest performing a clean boot. Refer to this thread and follow
    the steps given by SpiritX MS MVP to perform a clean boot.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Ronalene Mat, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Windows 10 slow and freezing up

Slow operation, crashes and freezing since windows 10

Hi Rakesh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What does it freezing? Is Internet Explorer freezing or computer is freezing?

• As you said that slow operation, what is running slow? Are you not able to open any files/applications?

• Does your PC hangs?
    I suggest you to check the issue in Safe Mode and see if it’s working slowly.

To enter Safe Mode in Windows 10:

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + restart before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode or
      Safe Mode with Networking (depending on whether you think you’ll need the Internet).
    Once you do get into safe mode, be sure to check all of your drivers for issues. To do that, press
    Windows Key + X and click Device Manager, and from that menu, get Windows to check all of your devices for updates. If driver updates are available, install them.

If the issue still persists, I suggest to restore the power plans to default.

To do so:

• Open Power options
      and go to advanced power settings.

• Select
      restore power plans defaults
      and then restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 slow and freezing up

1. Windows 10 slow and freezing up - Similar Threads - slow freezing

2. W10 slowness , freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 slowness , freezes: HI my PC W10 presents problems of slowness. sometimes it freezes. often disk c: 100%. Am I the only one to meet this problem? System: Windows 10 Famille 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434) Isuspect an OMERTA from MS about this subject...
  3. My machine slows an freezes

My machine slows an freezes: My machine slows and freezes and I keep getting 'not responding' .It happens in edge, chrome and other software. I run checks regularly but it works fine then happens again...
  4. Windows 10 slows until it freezes.

Windows 10 slows until it freezes.: Lately I've been having serious processing problem with my computer. My computer will be lightning fast for awhile, but then it will slow down to programs taking 10 minutes to load when 5 minutes ago it would take less than 10 seconds. I've noticed that this will typically...
  5. Slow/delay/stuck/freeze transfer rate when move files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow/delay/stuck/freeze transfer rate when move files: Hello, I have a problem when I moved files from drive to drive I have 3 drives include - SSD1 which come with notebook - SSD2 Samsung EVO 970 and HDD which come with notebook At first, I moved files from SSD1 to HDD and it was very slow It has many cases include -...
  6. Fresh Install, Programs; Don't start, freeze after awhile, or slow.

Fresh Install, Programs; Don't start, freeze after awhile, or slow.: Hi, can anyone help me! I just reinstalled windows 10 on my pc. I completely clean the drives in my system and installed windows from a USB. So far all I have done is installed steam ( which won't open most of the time or freezes after 2 mins.). Its seems like the programs...
  7. Slow loading and freezing

Slow loading and freezing: The Problems I have two problems which I suspect are related, so I am including them both in this post. 1. Slow App Load. This PC has always been slow at loading apps. Particularly Microsoft Office apps. In 2016 I upgraded to Office 2016 from Office 2007 but that...
  8. Printer EPSON MF 4630 EXTREMELY slow scanner SLOWER and freezes (after update(s)) PROBLEMS...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer EPSON MF 4630 EXTREMELY slow scanner SLOWER and freezes (after update(s)) PROBLEMS...: Hi, I am NOT a satisfied win 10 USER & it gets WORSE with each UNWANTED update. PRINTER (Specified in setting) EPSON MULTI-FUNCTION Workforce pro WF-4630 EXTREMELY slow, and scanner freezes ENTIRE PC ESPECIALLY since update(S) weeks ago. NB: I compared on 2 other systems:...
  9. Computer running slow and freezing up

Computer running slow and freezing up: Hello everyone, I could sure use some help. For the last week my computer has been freezing up. It doesn't matter what site I'm on or whether I'm writing in a document and the system has started running slow when it is working. The mouse won't work and I end up just shutting...
  10. slow then freezes up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow then freezes up: freezes up then message not responding. can https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-then-freezes-up/f7804f91-a514-41bd-8a4f-bcd9dd398174

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 running slow and freezing

2. windows 10 slow and freezing up

3. windows 10 slow down freeze

4. windows 10 slow and freezes,
  5. windows 1 freezes up and slow,
  6. windows 10 slow programs freezing up,
  7. pc runs slow and freezes,
  8. windows loading slow and freezing