Windows 10: Windows 10 slow and freezing up

Discus and support Windows 10 slow and freezing up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why is Windows 10 freezing up and running abnormally slow recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lmstater, Sep 8, 2018.

1. lmstater Win User

Windows 10 slow and freezing up

Why is Windows 10 freezing up and running abnormally slow recently

:)

lmstater, Sep 8, 2018

2. Windows 10 slow and freezes

Hi,

Corrupted hard drive, too many backgrounds programs, outdated drivers, hardware conflicts, etc. are some of the reasons why a Windows computer is running slow and freezing. To isolate the issue, we'd like to know if you have made any recent changes on your
    device (e.g. installation of a software or program) before the issue started.

In the meantime, we suggest performing a clean boot. Refer to this thread and follow
    the steps given by SpiritX MS MVP to perform a clean boot.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Ronalene Mat, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Windows 10 slow and freezing up

Slow operation, crashes and freezing since windows 10

Hi Rakesh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What does it freezing? Is Internet Explorer freezing or computer is freezing?

• As you said that slow operation, what is running slow? Are you not able to open any files/applications?

• Does your PC hangs?
    I suggest you to check the issue in Safe Mode and see if it’s working slowly.

To enter Safe Mode in Windows 10:

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + restart before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode or
      Safe Mode with Networking (depending on whether you think you’ll need the Internet).
    Once you do get into safe mode, be sure to check all of your drivers for issues. To do that, press
    Windows Key + X and click Device Manager, and from that menu, get Windows to check all of your devices for updates. If driver updates are available, install them.

If the issue still persists, I suggest to restore the power plans to default.

To do so:

• Open Power options
      and go to advanced power settings.

• Select
      restore power plans defaults
      and then restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 slow and freezing up

1. Windows 10 slow and freezing up - Similar Threads - slow freezing

2. Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.: Recently, my notebook started to have some problems where any program I'm using will either freeze completely not responding for a few seconds or become so slow it's unusable. Started a few days ago and is extremely weird. I can be using youtube and the browser just stops...
  3. Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.: Recently, my notebook started to have some problems where any program I'm using will either freeze completely not responding for a few seconds or become so slow it's unusable. Started a few days ago and is extremely weird. I can be using youtube and the browser just stops...
  4. Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance: Good day,This issue that I have been experiencing could be quite broad in terms of troubleshooting. Long story short, we have been experiencing slow performance, freezing and lagging on our laptops using Windows 11.We took the issue up with Dell as we found the same issue on...
  5. Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance

Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance: Good day,This issue that I have been experiencing could be quite broad in terms of troubleshooting. Long story short, we have been experiencing slow performance, freezing and lagging on our laptops using Windows 11.We took the issue up with Dell as we found the same issue on...
  6. PC randomly slowing down, freezing then giving me the BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly slowing down, freezing then giving me the BSOD.: Hello, my PC has gotten the BSOD a lot recently when I was doing simple tasks. I tried looking at my Event Viewer but I have zero idea how to use it. Someone please help me in anyway you can. I need this PC to work because I do School and my everyday tasks on it. Someone...
  7. PC randomly slowing down, freezing then giving me the BSOD.

PC randomly slowing down, freezing then giving me the BSOD.: Hello, my PC has gotten the BSOD a lot recently when I was doing simple tasks. I tried looking at my Event Viewer but I have zero idea how to use it. Someone please help me in anyway you can. I need this PC to work because I do School and my everyday tasks on it. Someone...
  8. Computer running slow/freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer running slow/freezing: HelloI checked everything task manager, AMD Softwarehardware stats and i dont have anything open and hardware stats are on low% so everything fine cpu not overheating or anything. i have 10gb free on C-Drive idk if thats enough.Now the problem: My computer was running...
  9. Computer running slow/freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer running slow/freezing: HelloI checked everything task manager, AMD Softwarehardware stats and i dont have anything open and hardware stats are on low% so everything fine cpu not overheating or anything. i have 10gb free on C-Drive idk if thats enough.Now the problem: My computer was running...
  10. Computer running slow/freezing

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 running slow and freezing

2. windows 10 slow and freezing up

3. windows 10 slow down freeze

4. windows 10 is running slow and freezing up,
  5. windows 10 slow to boot and freezes,
  6. app locks up and internet slow,
  7. windows 10 slow and freezing,
  8. windows 10 slow and keeps freezing,
  9. windows 10 running slow and apps freezing,
  10. internet is slow and freezes windows 10,
  11. windows 10 slow and freezes,