Windows 10: Windows 10 slow boot on Windows Logo spinning dots

Discus and support Windows 10 slow boot on Windows Logo spinning dots in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When booting into Windows 10 it takes around 30-40 seconds on the Windows logo with the spinning dots loading screen. I have tried everything I know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by killerbob, Jan 26, 2019.

1. killerbob Win User

Windows 10 slow boot on Windows Logo spinning dots

When booting into Windows 10 it takes around 30-40 seconds on the Windows logo with the spinning dots loading screen.

I have tried everything I know to solve these issues:
    Turned off fast start up
    Ran CCleaner
    Ran Diskclean up
    Turned off startup program / services
    Booted into safemode (Same issue)
    Uninstalled Intel Rapid storage software

Also this was happening on a previous 2.5" SSD I had installed which I cloned the Windows onto the NVMe but still the same slow boot.

Windows performs fine when loaded its only the boot process which takes longer than expected.

My Specs are
    i7 8700k stock
    16GB 3600Mhz RAM
    1080ti ASUS ROG
    ASUS ROG Maximus X MB
    Boot drive Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB

:)

killerbob, Jan 26, 2019

2. Windows 10 Stuck on logo screen with spinning dots

This suggestion isn't helpful at all. If I can't even get past the boot screen with spinning dots there is no way to access the recommended steps.

I have two Windows 10 computers. This afternoon I left my backup desktop at a repair shop because the screen goes black after I log in. They've seen this with quite a few Windows 10 computers. This evening my primary computer (laptop) won't get past the
    Microsoft logo screen.

Ive been using Windows computers for over 20 years and never encountered this level of difficulty until Windows 10!

SandyMcMahon, Jan 26, 2019
  3. scevism Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad Windows 10 slow boot on Windows Logo spinning dots :mad:

scevism, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 slow boot on Windows Logo spinning dots - Similar Threads - slow boot Logo

2. Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots: Hello! I have installed windows 10 on my pcwhich is old. All the installation process went good and setup asked to restart. And after that windows 10 logo is stuck with no spinning dots.I waited for 2 houes but nothing happened.I powered off my pc and started it again but...
  3. Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots: Hello! I have installed windows 10 on my pcwhich is old. All the installation process went good and setup asked to restart. And after that windows 10 logo is stuck with no spinning dots.I waited for 2 houes but nothing happened.I powered off my pc and started it again but...
  4. Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Super slow boot spinning dots of death Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Super slow boot spinning dots of death Windows 10: I have a PC here that takes about a half hour to boot. It sits on the spinning dots for a rediculously long time. I have tried pretty much everything on the internet currently. Does anyone have anything else? Also, would Microsoft support not try to answer this as you guys...
  6. Windows logo during update, no spinning dots.

Windows logo during update, no spinning dots.: Hi, I tried updating from my current version 1605 I think to the latest one, launched in October. All went well until the pc restarted to finish the update. Now I'm looking at windows logo, without any spinning dots and u can hear the fans working. Any ideas? Shall I...
  7. Windows won't boot - stuck at Windows logo, no spinning dots

Windows won't boot - stuck at Windows logo, no spinning dots: This all started with a Windows update performed at shut down 2 days ago. When I turned my PC on the next morning, it got stuck at the Windows logo with no spinning dots. Tried to shut down a couple times. Then I saw the Windows logo with Preparing Automatic Repair...
  8. Installation stuck on boot screen with logo and no spinning dots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installation stuck on boot screen with logo and no spinning dots: Hey guys. So, I've finally made the decision to upgrade my laptop from Windows 7 to 10. I know I'm a little bit late. I'm installing Windows 10 through the Media Creation Tool. Everything is fine and dandy until the laptop restarts during the installation process. I'm...
  9. Windows 10 Failure to Boot Passed Splash logo and spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Failure to Boot Passed Splash logo and spinning dots: Hello, The summary, I need assistance in trying to repair my windows 10 system that since freezing and having to reset it two days ago it has not booted again. I have not been able to boot past the splash screen and spinning dots since this freeze, it will show splash logo...
  10. Windows 10 installation stuck at windows logo(no spinning dots)

Windows 10 installation stuck at windows logo(no spinning dots): I had an old PC with windows xp in it and i downloaded windows 10 iso through the media creation tool and i made my usb bootable through rufus, when i restarted my PC to install windows 10 i saw that the windows 10 logo is stuck with no spinning dots, as i have installed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 slow boot windows logo

2. windows 10 spinning dots slow

3. slow startup windows 10 dost spinning