Windows 10: Windows 10 slow boot

Discus and support Windows 10 slow boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello my Windows 10 PC has been booting oddly slow for a long time now. Every time I try to figure out why I cannot. I started to think there is no way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by corebela, Mar 19, 2019.

1. corebela Win User

Windows 10 slow boot

Hello my Windows 10 PC has been booting oddly slow for a long time now. Every time I try to figure out why I cannot. I started to think there is no way to find out and I could only solve it by luck. This time I came across some threads here that look promising using WIndows performance analyzer and was hoping someone here could help me by looking at the results of a boot trace. I do not know how to make that file available so need to be told that as well. Thank you so much for your help anyone who does indeed help me out.

:)

corebela, Mar 19, 2019
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Mar 19, 2019
  3. scevism Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad Windows 10 slow boot :mad:

scevism, Mar 19, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Windows 10 slow boot

windows 10 slow boot

To add to what @Drone said, W10 still does not seem to like power-saving features in BIOS, and doesn't seem to like the "fast start" option in Windows, which ironically makes it faster without that option.

rtwjunkie, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 slow boot

1. Windows 10 slow boot - Similar Threads - slow boot

2. Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...: All posted solutions do not fix the problem. Fix and reboot still required https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-to-reset-winsock-on-each-boot-up-otherwise/81b3efdf-209a-4df4-9454-3359e752ac2d
  3. Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...: All posted solutions do not fix the problem. Fix and reboot still required https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-to-reset-winsock-on-each-boot-up-otherwise/81b3efdf-209a-4df4-9454-3359e752ac2d
  4. Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow boot up after the bios update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow boot up after the bios update.: My laptop boot time is 7s .But after bios update it takes 9s.I can't notice any performance issues. But the boot time is increased. the problem is when on my laptop is shows the asus logo as usual but after that black screen come for 2 second and then password screen. please...
  6. Slow boot up after the bios update.

Slow boot up after the bios update.: My laptop boot time is 7s .But after bios update it takes 9s.I can't notice any performance issues. But the boot time is increased. the problem is when on my laptop is shows the asus logo as usual but after that black screen come for 2 second and then password screen. please...
  7. PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow: Hi there,I have a really frustrating problem with my pc.I have reinstalled windows multiple times and searched the whole internet for a solution and tried everything I can possibly find on already existing topics but I can't seem to find a solution.The problem is my pc boots...
  8. PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow

PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow: Hi there,I have a really frustrating problem with my pc.I have reinstalled windows multiple times and searched the whole internet for a solution and tried everything I can possibly find on already existing topics but I can't seem to find a solution.The problem is my pc boots...
  9. My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day: My laptop has windows 10 64 bit,466gb ssd with 4 gb raminitially this laptop had hdd but as it was lsow i upgraded to ssd and it was working fine but one day when booting up before booting up into os it asked to install some reader and it said press any key to continue and i...
  10. My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day

My Laptop is suddenly slow after boot up on one day: My laptop has windows 10 64 bit,466gb ssd with 4 gb raminitially this laptop had hdd but as it was lsow i upgraded to ssd and it was working fine but one day when booting up before booting up into os it asked to install some reader and it said press any key to continue and i...