Windows 10: windows 10 slow boot

Discus and support windows 10 slow boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Anecdotally, I'd say that Windows 10 is faster than Windows 7, but it just doesn't seem as snappy as Windows 8.1. Windows 8.1 is just extremely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by cavelcante, Sep 20, 2015.

1. windows 10 slow boot

My W7 was working fine when I got tempted to download W10. Download was fine but booting W10 takes 7-10 minutes! Frustrating. My start button left click also does not work. Any bright ideas to speed up boot and get Start button going. I defragmented the system as well.

:)

cavelcante, Sep 20, 2015

2. Slow, slower, slowest

Try This :
    Fix windows 10 slow

KelvinOgwu, Sep 20, 2015
  3. KelvinOgwu, Sep 20, 2015
  4. joeyroks Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I have no problems with booting up Windows 10... Can i have your specs from your pc?

joeyroks, Sep 20, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, as regards the start menu not working, please see the lengthy discussion here:
    Critical Error - ''Start Menu Cortana aren't working'' - Windows 10 Forums
    - note this is also an MS acknowleged problem from August.

I'm not sure what to suggest about your slow boot. Does booting to Safe Mode look reasonable? And in Safe Mode can you get the start menu displayed?

You may find some things (not many!) aren't compatible with Win 10. For example, your AV - if you have one- may not be compatible and need reinstalling. (The recommendation is to uninstall it before upgrading).

Which stage of booting is slow? To login, or to desktop?

You can try routine things like chkdsk, sfc /scannow etc.

When you reach the desktop, what is your CPU and disk usage?

dalchina, Sep 21, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    A slow boot has several causes.
    If there is anything connected to your pc, try to disconnect every device that is connected except for mouse and keyboard.

Also please do the following:

• Open an admin command prompt (done by searching command prompt, right click on the command prompt and choose to run as administrator)
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation", please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

axe0, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 slow boot

1. windows 10 slow boot - Similar Threads - slow boot

2. Slow booting of a laptop like a restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow booting of a laptop like a restart.: Hi from the past few days, my laptop has been booting slowly like a restart. First hp logo then the circle, then hp logo disappears and only a circle rotating,then just a moment screen. And then it boots up. I thought it was a windows problem so I installed a fresh copy of...
  3. Slow booting of a laptop like a restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow booting of a laptop like a restart.: Hi from the past few days, my laptop has been booting slowly like a restart. First hp logo then the circle, then hp logo disappears and only a circle rotating,then just a moment screen. And then it boots up. I thought it was a windows problem so I installed a fresh copy of...
  4. Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...: All posted solutions do not fix the problem. Fix and reboot still required https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-to-reset-winsock-on-each-boot-up-otherwise/81b3efdf-209a-4df4-9454-3359e752ac2d
  5. Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...

Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...: All posted solutions do not fix the problem. Fix and reboot still required https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-to-reset-winsock-on-each-boot-up-otherwise/81b3efdf-209a-4df4-9454-3359e752ac2d
  6. Having to reset Winsock on each boot up. Otherwise Internet slow. All posted solutions do...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Slow boot up after the bios update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow boot up after the bios update.: My laptop boot time is 7s .But after bios update it takes 9s.I can't notice any performance issues. But the boot time is increased. the problem is when on my laptop is shows the asus logo as usual but after that black screen come for 2 second and then password screen. please...
  8. Slow boot up after the bios update.

Slow boot up after the bios update.: My laptop boot time is 7s .But after bios update it takes 9s.I can't notice any performance issues. But the boot time is increased. the problem is when on my laptop is shows the asus logo as usual but after that black screen come for 2 second and then password screen. please...
  9. PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow: Hi there,I have a really frustrating problem with my pc.I have reinstalled windows multiple times and searched the whole internet for a solution and tried everything I can possibly find on already existing topics but I can't seem to find a solution.The problem is my pc boots...
  10. PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow

PC Boots Fast But Windows Is Slow: Hi there,I have a really frustrating problem with my pc.I have reinstalled windows multiple times and searched the whole internet for a solution and tried everything I can possibly find on already existing topics but I can't seem to find a solution.The problem is my pc boots...