Windows 10: Windows 10 slow down over time.

Discus and support Windows 10 slow down over time. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. Im using Windows 10 build 17134.765 The first time I use it, it's not smooth. By the time goes, it become slower and slower. By now it's often... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hanan_Augustus, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 slow down over time.

Hi. Im using Windows 10 build 17134.765

The first time I use it, it's not smooth. By the time goes, it become slower and slower. By now it's often not responding even though just open windows explorer and Microsoft word.

I'm using Asus A442UR, so specification shouldn't be problem.

Process explorer didn't show any strange process

So far these are troubleshooting I tried.

Antivirus scan (kaspersky last month, g data last week)

Defrag

Checkdisk

Delete prefectch and temp content

I need further assistance and thank you

:)

Hanan_Augustus, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Jborg Win User

Windows 10 slow down over time.

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 slow down over time.

1. Windows 10 slow down over time. - Similar Threads - slow down

2. Windows Update slows down my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update slows down my pc: Hi, I am an old user of windows 10, I updated my pc from win10 version 1909 to 20H2 in the month of March. The update was successful and my pc was normal as beforeupdating, but when I check for updates in the windows update settings page the available updates takes nearly 6-8...
  3. Windows slows down comparing when it was fresh installation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows slows down comparing when it was fresh installation: Hi I am using windows 10 64 bit I dont know if I should believe myth that says do a fresh windows installation every 4 or 5 years as it gets clogged and I feel windows slows down comparing when it was fresh installation Although I use utility Revo Uninstaller (there are...
  4. Internet slows down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet slows down: This started happening about 2 weeks ago, I would get on my hp slim desktop and whenever we would use it the whole internet in my home would go really slow.I’ve reset my computer completely and unplugged the Ethernet cord to try and use the wifi but it still did the same...
  5. Why has Surfshark vpn slowed down so much?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why has Surfshark vpn slowed down so much?: I switched to Surfshark a year ago and enjoyed the high speed, up until a few months. It's gone from 100+ mbs gradually down to 30-40 a year later. It runs on two completely different desktop computers, both with the same result. Even after updating the app, and reinstalling....
  6. Windows updates slow my PC down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates slow my PC down: So today I was going to record a YouTube video, when I noticed something wasn't right, the fps boost client was getting 50% less fps then normal, and when I tried running the recorder, when I hit record the entire recording app crashed.I checked task manager to see what was...
  7. Sir I have downloaded free fire by MSI app player but after downloading my pc has slowed down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sir I have downloaded free fire by MSI app player but after downloading my pc has slowed down: Sir I have window 10 but I have downloaded free fire from BlueStacks and MSI app player in both my pc has slowed down and lagging what should I do...
  8. pc slow down after some time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc slow down after some time: my pc specs are i3 7th gen laptop 8gb ram 1tb hddmy pc slows down after few hours of usage i.e casual browsing and zoom meetingswhen i restart pc it work fine for some time and then after using it for like 1-2 hours it starts to slow down and system responsiveness also...
  9. pc slow down overtime

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc slow down overtime: my pc specs are i3 7th gen laptop 8gb ram 1tb hddmy pc slows down after few hours of usage i.e casual browsing and zoom meetingswhen i restart pc it work fine for some time and then after using it for like 1-2 hours it starts to slow down and system responsiveness also...
  10. Python "SYSTEM" file edit slows down loading

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Python "SYSTEM" file edit slows down loading: Removing the "SYSTEM" file in C:\Windows\system32\config is dangerous, but editing it is less worse, but can make the loading/boot unstable.No, you cannot edit it using Notepad, but yes, you can edit it using Python as administrator.If you copy the "py" file from C:\Windows...