Windows 10: Windows 10 slow hdd performance after win7 upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 slow hdd performance after win7 upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Anyone knows whats the issue?? My win10 pc must be restarted after some time all the time because my non-system secondary HDD gets up to 100% and very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SlinkySpy, Apr 13, 2020.

1. SlinkySpy Win User

Windows 10 slow hdd performance after win7 upgrade

Anyone knows whats the issue?? My win10 pc must be restarted after some time all the time because my non-system secondary HDD gets up to 100% and very high avg. response time which bogs the whole system down, even though the windows is instaled on an ssd. After a restart everything's good for a while. I didn't had this stupid issue in win7, i upgraded a few days ago.

Edit: I think i figured it out, i disabled disk caching and everything's good now, if it didn't fix anything, i'll remove this edit.

:)

SlinkySpy, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 13, 2020
  3. WINDOWS 10 slow performance after upgrade

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• After upgrading to windows 10 did you try update drivers?
    Issue: Slow performance

Method: 1

Perform System Maintenance troubleshooter.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and X key together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all on the left side panel.
    • Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Method: 2

Perform Clean Boot

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a “clean boot” in Windows

Refer to Windows 8.1 steps, as they are applicable to Windows 10.

Note: Refer
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Issue:
    VIDEO FREEZES

Update drivers

I would like you to update the drivers of the computer.

Follow the steps below to update the graphics card drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard
    • Go to device manager
    • Right-click your display/graphic/video and audio/sound/realtek
      drivers.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Please reply us with the above information & status to help you better.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Windows 10 slow hdd performance after win7 upgrade

Windows 10 on Asus Slow

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system as it is slow after upgrading to Windows 10. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • When exactly does the system slow performance issue persists?
    • Does the issue confined while performing any specific task on Windows 10?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows Updates and driver updates after upgrading to Windows 10?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check it if helps.

Step 1: Run the System maintenance troubleshooter.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 slow hdd performance after win7 upgrade

1. Windows 10 slow hdd performance after win7 upgrade - Similar Threads - slow hdd performance

2. Desktop with HDD after upgrading to Windows 10 is very slow.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop with HDD after upgrading to Windows 10 is very slow.: Hello,A few days ago, I upgraded to Windows 10 on my desktop. And the HDD, even though it's not downright slow 64 MB Cache, 7200 rpm - specifications here, it doesn't make it at all.When turned on, it takes about half a minute for the login screen to appear. And even after...
  3. Windows 10 slow performance after installation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slow performance after installation.: Hi there, so today I've installed a fresh copy of windows 10 21h1 on my laptop, installation was fine but once the setup finished I noticed that launching things like edge or settings was painfully slow to launch or to do anything within them, when I took a look in task...
  4. Upgraded Win7 to Win10 - now very slow boot-up and poor performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Upgraded Win7 to Win10 - now very slow boot-up and poor performance: I have just done the in-place upgrade from Win7 Home to Win10 Home (version 21H1) using the Media Creation Tool and Brink's excellent tutorial, on my Samsung RF511 laptop. I was nervous not only because I didn't want to lose data or apps, but also because this laptop dual...
  5. Weird Problem: HDD Performing VERY Slow!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird Problem: HDD Performing VERY Slow!: Hi all, I've been wanting to replace this 2TB internal HDD for a long time now but the Covid19 Crisis has really given me so many extra tasks to do and so I've had to focus on other tasks instead of replacing this 2TB internal HDD. What's strange is that even when I put the...
  6. performance issue after an upgrade from win7

performance issue after an upgrade from win7: i upgraded from windows 7 to 10 via usb and before my booting time was alot faster and my computer keeps frrezing in short intervals i tried troubleshooting but no issue was found i have 8gb ram i5 processor and i have around 90 gb free in my system drive and 100gb in the...
  7. Win7 to Win10 Upgrade & HDD/SDD Replacement Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 to Win10 Upgrade & HDD/SDD Replacement Upgrade: Dear Forum, Please find below my query. Any advice would be gratefully received - thanks in advance. Context: C1 I have a laptop ref: laptop A with a pre-installed version of Win7 Home Premium 64-Bit. C2 I seemingly have the product key for the Win 7 licence - it is...
  8. Windows 10 poor hdd and ssd performance after win7 upgrade

Windows 10 poor hdd and ssd performance after win7 upgrade: Anyone knows whats the issue?? My win10 pc must be restarted after some time all the time because the secondary HDD and system SSD when in use gets up to 100% and high avg. response time which slows the system down. After a restart everything's good for a while. I didn't had...
  9. Computer performance is too slow after upgrading to windows 10 1803

Computer performance is too slow after upgrading to windows 10 1803: Hello , I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 1803 after that my computer is too slow , It was working fine till the last update. When I click on the Start menu it takes at least 30 seconds to respond.When I click on file explorer it takes more than a minute to open . I...
  10. Use old win7-10 hdd to upgrade vista pc?

in Windows 10 Support
    Use old win7-10 hdd to upgrade vista pc?: Hello everyone and thank you for making this forum available. I appreciate your willingness and generosity to share your knowledge and experience. I am seeking advice and suggestions on upgrading a Vista PC from a hard drive that came out of my Win7-Win10 laptop. (The...