Windows 10: windows 10 slow indexing

Discus and support windows 10 slow indexing in Cortana to solve the problem; I.ve had a number of different platforms with the same issue with Indexing in windows 10 and with outlook. I’ve read at similar post like this... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Krisb38, Oct 12, 2022.

1. Krisb38 Win User

windows 10 slow indexing

I.ve had a number of different platforms with the same issue with Indexing in windows 10 and with outlook. I’ve read at similar post like this recommending the usual repair process.scan HDDsfc /scannowscanpstrebuild indexTrouble shooterusually this will resolve most issues, however this Microsoft Surface has come across the work bench and still has slow indexing issue. In addition to these repair processes, I have uninstalled the antivirus, reg hack for DisableBackoff so I don’t interrupt the indexing process, and ran the repair for Office 365.What I have noted is that while the system is inde

:)

Krisb38, Oct 12, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 12, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Quick Search Not Showing Indexed Locations

Hi,

Since you have already added it in Indexing options, we suggest you to run Indexing troubleshooter to check for possible caused of the issue. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Oct 12, 2022
  4. Jan Del Win User

windows 10 slow indexing

Windows 10 indexing / search

Hi Erik,

System conflict is one of the possible reasons why the index built will not function properly. We suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by following these steps to resolve your issue:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click
      Next for the troubleshooting to begin.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Oct 12, 2022
Thema:

windows 10 slow indexing

1. windows 10 slow indexing - Similar Threads - slow indexing

2. Windows media player is very slow at adding folders to the Video library "Indexing libraries"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media player is very slow at adding folders to the Video library "Indexing libraries": Hello, so I'm trying to move my music over to the Windows 11 Media Player. I like the layout and design, but it's proving really troublesome to move my files over to it. If I remove all the files and only add a single folder, it goes smoothly and quickly. The folder gets...
  3. Windows media player is very slow at adding folders to the Video library "Indexing libraries"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media player is very slow at adding folders to the Video library "Indexing libraries": Hello, so I'm trying to move my music over to the Windows 11 Media Player. I like the layout and design, but it's proving really troublesome to move my files over to it. If I remove all the files and only add a single folder, it goes smoothly and quickly. The folder gets...
  4. Windows 10 Indexing Rebuild incredibly slow - How can I speed up the process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Indexing Rebuild incredibly slow - How can I speed up the process: Good day,Running Windows 10 Pro 22H2 on a Dell PC 1TB SSD 16GB RAM Intel Core i7Indexing before rebuild showed about 309,000 itemsThat included Outlook PST files and the data files - Index Properties OnlyStarted rebuild 1/27/2023 - today 2/4/2023 - 9 days later only 33,514...
  5. Windows 10 Indexing Rebuild incredibly slow - How can I speed up the process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Indexing Rebuild incredibly slow - How can I speed up the process: Good day,Running Windows 10 Pro 22H2 on a Dell PC 1TB SSD 16GB RAM Intel Core i7Indexing before rebuild showed about 309,000 itemsThat included Outlook PST files and the data files - Index Properties OnlyStarted rebuild 1/27/2023 - today 2/4/2023 - 9 days later only 33,514...
  6. Windows 10 Indexing Rebuild incredibly slow - How can I speed up the process

7. windows 10 slow indexing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 slow indexing: I.ve had a number of different platforms with the same issue with Indexing in windows 10 and with outlook. I’ve read at similar post like this recommending the usual repair process.scan HDDsfc /scannowscanpstrebuild indexTrouble shooterusually this will resolve most issues,...
  8. windows 10 slow indexing

windows 10 slow indexing: I.ve had a number of different platforms with the same issue with Indexing in windows 10 and with outlook. I’ve read at similar post like this recommending the usual repair process.scan HDDsfc /scannowscanpstrebuild indexTrouble shooterusually this will resolve most issues,...
  9. Windows Search indexing very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search indexing very slow: I'm having trouble with windows search, where the indexer is operating very slowly, stalling at around 4 items, and not progressing further after hours. I'm only attempting to run classic search, so I'm confused why it's taking so long. I've attempted to use the built-in...
  10. Windows Search indexing very slow

Windows Search indexing very slow: I'm having trouble with windows search, where the indexer is operating very slowly, stalling at around 4 items, and not progressing further after hours. I'm only attempting to run classic search, so I'm confused why it's taking so long. I've attempted to use the built-in...