Windows 10: Windows 10 slow opening Apps

Discus and support Windows 10 slow opening Apps in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I should never volunteer to help someone with PC problems as I have very limited knowledge. I was given a laptop to replace the HDD and fit a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Agh55, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Agh55 Win User

Windows 10 slow opening Apps

Hi, I should never volunteer to help someone with PC problems as I have very limited knowledge. I was given a laptop to replace the HDD and fit a new SSD. The HDD was running windows 10 OK. I fitted the Sandisk and downloaded a fresh copy of Windows 10 and the rest of the updates. Opening the Edge Browser, a page took 10 -15 secs to load. At this stage there were no other programs on the Laptop. During the loading of Windows 10, there were two errors which I was given the option to skip. OOBE Welcome and OOBE Keyboard.

I then downloaded from the MS site a fresh copy of windows 10 in case the first copy was corrupt. I came across the same 2 errors and when fully installed ( I completely removed the firsat copy of Windows 10) MS Edge took 10-15 secs to open a web page.

I downloaded Firefox and Chrome and the problem existed with these browsers. I went in the trouble shooting option and run a repair. It seemed to clear the problem, pages opened instantly. I installed MS Office and Norton's 360, and the problem came back, however it is intermittent. Can anyone please help.

:)

Agh55, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 slow opening Apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 slow opening Apps - Similar Threads - slow opening Apps

2. APP OPENING SLOW

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    APP OPENING SLOW: Hi ,When I start my pc if I open any software then it opens slow after opening it one time it opens very fast is there any way. So that when I open my pc then all app opens fast....
  3. File explorer slow to open, Windows apps have no app associated.

File explorer slow to open, Windows apps have no app associated.: Hi! I've had this issue ever since I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10, but I never found a solution.The issue is that when I boot my pc, there's a ~50% chance something will be 'wrong'. And when it goes wrong, it's always these two things:1. Windows apps like settings have no...
  4. after windows 10 update all apps are slow in opening

after windows 10 update all apps are slow in opening: A window10 update loaded on my pc yesterday. After the update my speakers stopped working, I fixed this. All applications I open have a spinning wheel and white screen now, this is Itunes all webpages, settings and microsoft apps. I also receive a not responding message,...
  5. Win10 slow to load and apps slow to open

Win10 slow to load and apps slow to open: hello, I recently installed Win10 and ever since my laptop is extremely slow. On startup 2.7min to boot up. Then another 2-3min for my desktop to completely load. Once it's finally finished another 2min for any app to load. Ive Purchased System Mechanic Pro to try eliminating...
  6. windows 10 slow opening folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 slow opening folders: When I open a folder with images, it take ages to fully open, the green bar goes slowly across the top of the screen. Once the folder is fully open, and I want to sort by date, type of image or size, it goes through the same process again. Can this process be speeded up. I...
  7. Some apps open too slow.

Some apps open too slow.: Hey, I have a problem, where apps open too slow. I have a laptop of 4GB Ram, it opens chrome in 21 Seconds. My brother got a laptop of 8 GB Ram and chrome there opens in 4 Seconds, how, why? When I open disk cleanup and click on clean up system files, it literally takes 2-3...
  8. computer slow opening apps and programs

computer slow opening apps and programs: computer is slow at opening apps and other programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-slow-opening-apps-and-programs/95f295c9-e562-44ab-958c-7400bd0f44a3
  9. Computer running slow to open up apps on windows 10

Computer running slow to open up apps on windows 10: Computer running slow to open up apps on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-running-slow-to-open-up-apps-on-windows/bee2f838-ff7a-4022-ae38-dc906f9677cb
  10. Office Apps Slow to Open Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office Apps Slow to Open Files: Office 2013 installed on my Windows 10 machine. This was upgraded from Windows 7. Office apps, specifically word and excel take a long time to open. What could be the issue? 10828

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 slow on laptop