Windows 10: windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown

Discus and support windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; new win 10 in new del laptop. ver 1809, start after shutdown : 1 min 52 sec restart : more than 2 minutes. how reduce this time ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by winstyl, May 2, 2019.

1. winstyl Win User

windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown

new win 10 in new del laptop. ver 1809,

start after shutdown : 1 min 52 sec

restart : more than 2 minutes.

how reduce this time ?

:)

winstyl, May 2, 2019
  2. zinou Win User

Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.

@Syncopator
    If you open your trace file and get this message, about events lost, then don't bother to upload the file. we can't get the whole picture of what's going on.

windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown [​IMG]

I'd suggest you increase the buffers size, in the "SampleGeneralProfileForLargeServers.wprp" file to 1024.

windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown [​IMG]

Or you can download my wprp file and copy it to the WPT path (%programfiles(x86)%\Windows Kits\10\WindowsPerformance Toolkit) https://transfernow.net/1920t0o03j6i

With the buffers size increased, I hope this time we'll get a complete boot trace file, we can analyze and hopefully identify the delay cause.

zinou, May 2, 2019
  3. Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.

Is the code in the window something I need, or could, use? If so, how?

I don't understand what what you last sentence means, sorry.

Syncopator, May 2, 2019
  4. windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown

Windows 10 slow shutdown

Hello Jen,

There are several reasons for this kind of issue to occur on Windows 10. The slow shutdown can be due to an ongoing background process. That being said, we'll need more information to properly address your concern. Please clarify the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?
    • Did you notice any system setting changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you installed the latest updates for Windows 10?
    • What is the current Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC?
    To verify the Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC, click the Start button, type About
    your PC, and then press Enter.

Devlin Sco, May 2, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown

1. windows 10 slow restart slow start after shutdown - Similar Threads - slow restart slow

2. Slow Start-up and slow signout / restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow Start-up and slow signout / restart: Hey Everyone, i brought hp laptop like four months ago and that time i installed win 10 and faced no issue. but yesterday i install again my window 10 but i faced isssue like slow startup 3 mins wait on hp logo and after it 2 min stuck on black screeen then show login screen...
  3. Windows 10 1909 slow shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 slow shutdown and restart: I have windows installed on a SSD. After updating my computer takes around 4 minutes to shutdown and 4 minutes to restart. Before the update it took seconds. What can I do? Fast start is disabled and did the same thing when turned on. There is no more updates and there is...
  4. Windows has slow start-up after Shutdown or Restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows has slow start-up after Shutdown or Restart: My Windows 10 laptop start-up has became slow after updating it to the 1903 update. First week of the update, the start-up was fast and worked fine, Apps starting, no errors, taskbar icons showing properly, following weeks i have shut down my laptop for rest but when I...
  5. slow program starts, Slow boot, slow shutdown

slow program starts, Slow boot, slow shutdown: Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) From switch-on to desktop start-up sound takes nearly two minutes, and after that there's still a lot of disc activity. Shutdown is equally slow. Once the system has started it takes 30 seconds after clicking on an MP3 icon for VLC...
  6. Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.: Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) From switch-on to desktop start-up sound takes nearly two minutes, and after that there's still a lot of disc activity. Shutdown is equally slow. Once the system has started it takes 30 seconds after clicking on an MP3 icon for VLC...
  7. Slow shutdown after upgrading to Windows 10

Slow shutdown after upgrading to Windows 10: Slow shutdown after upgrading to Windows 10 on my T61p T61p, T9500, SSD Updated Windows 7 Pro 32 to Windows 10 Pro 32 in place. All works well after a couple of tweeks. Only tweek I did not like was having to disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to...
  8. Slow shutdown and restart

Slow shutdown and restart: I have recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. However, during a shutdown or restart, it takes 2-3 minutes for my computer to perform a fore mentioned. I get the "Shutting Down" or "Restarting" message for an age followed by a "cannot shutdown due to the following apps"...
  9. Slow shutdown windows 10

Slow shutdown windows 10: Hi, i have a windows 10 laptop, 3 days old. When i shut it down, it takes several minutes before it shuts down. It's an acer aspire, the screen goes off, but you can still hear the fan, and the blue light on the case at the front still flickers. Sometimes as long as ten...
  10. slow boot/shutdown/restart

slow boot/shutdown/restart: I have a lenovo ideapad z510 with a Sandisk Ultra II 120 GB as the main disk and a second 1TB HDD instead of the DVDwr, my problem is that it takes ~ 25-30 seconds to boot/shutdown/restart according to Event Viewer, and considering the Ultra II specs that's a lot, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 slow restart

2. windows 10 slow to boot after shut down and reboot