Windows 10: Windows 10 slow startup after windows logo on a SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 slow startup after windows logo on a SSD in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I cannot recall when this started but I know this is not normal for the kind of laptop I have. I have started to notice that my Windows 10 has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by aampueda, Aug 2, 2021.

1. aampueda Win User

Windows 10 slow startup after windows logo on a SSD

I cannot recall when this started but I know this is not normal for the kind of laptop I have. I have started to notice that my Windows 10 has been getting this behavior where after the boot up process, to be more specific after the windows logo disappears that time in between until you see the login screen is about 45 seconds. Used to, it wouldn't be more than 5 seconds. I've been researching about it but most of the posts I can find are about slow boot. My computer is booting real fast so no issue there. The only fix I have tried so far is disabling or enabling fast boot in the power optio

:)

aampueda, Aug 2, 2021
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 2, 2021
  4. Windows 10 slow startup after windows logo on a SSD

Windows logo at Startup

Hi,

We would like to a ask you a few questions in order to assist you properly:

• Does the logo appear during previous startups?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?
    Safe mode starts your PC in a basic state, using set of files and drivers. For now, we suggest that you start your PC in

safe mode
    and check if the issue persists.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 slow startup after windows logo on a SSD

1. Windows 10 slow startup after windows logo on a SSD - Similar Threads - slow startup logo

2. Windows logo not showing at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows logo not showing at startup: I just installed this windows and no gui boot is unchecked in msconfig and even when fastboot is disabled I can't see the windows logo after dell logo at startup.I did everything including check/scan files/repair/reinstall video drivers etc and nothing. Is there anything else...
  3. Windows logo not showing at startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows logo not showing at startup: I just installed this windows and no gui boot is unchecked in msconfig and even when fastboot is disabled I can't see the windows logo after dell logo at startup.I did everything including check/scan files/repair/reinstall video drivers etc and nothing. Is there anything else...
  4. Windows 10 slow startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 slow startup: Hi,My windows 10 boots very slowly. I don't have anything in startup folder. Overall the windows 10 is good only the problem is it boots very slowly. I recently reset my windows 10. I have ran sfc/scannow, ran chkdsk and also ran memory diagnostic. I have updated all drivers...
  5. windows 10 slow startup

windows 10 slow startup: the ongoing anomaly of windows 10 slow startup....I reduced the problem from 5 minutes or more to 90 seconds by doing 2 things mentioned in other fixes by users on this site...windows o/s will confound me till the end of time A layman's solution....criticism not...
  6. Windows 10 Slow startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Slow startup: HP Laptop 15-bs0xx with HDD hard drive and Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 single graphics, windows startup has gone from less than 30 seconds to nearly 5 minutes. I have already tried several methods such as 1) disabling the unnecessary startups programs 2) freeing enough free...
  7. Slow boot time on SSD during windows logo screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot time on SSD during windows logo screen: Hi! During the last months my windows boot time became to a ridiculous 12+ mins time. It´s my office computer, and I´m usually overloaded with work so can´t take care of it. I suspected that the problem began since I inserted a new SSD, but today I unplugged every drive (but...
  8. windows 10 slow startup

windows 10 slow startup: I have issues in startup its taking too much time with black screen before login. I checked event viewer to see what is taking that much time and that was the result: This application took longer than usual to start up, resulting in a performance degradation in the system...
  9. computer crashing at startup after windows logo

computer crashing at startup after windows logo: computer always crashes after windows logo , after restarting for 3-4 times, sometimes even 6-7 times the system works normally, it doesn't crash after that, please help me out with this problem, have added the dump files.Attachment 35993 21370
  10. Windows logo on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows logo on startup: i get a windows logo on start up that has a circle spinning below it and it does that for about 2 minutes anyone know how to fix it? 29172